MyHeritageoffered discount that did not work...

They sent me an email with a 50% offer for a health report. I added to my cart and left there for a while, they send me an email saying the offer was reserved for me and I did not see any expiration date on the email. 14 hours after I tried purchasing again and the offer was gone. I called the customer service and they did not have any intention in helping me out or even offering the discount again. I think this is a very bad practice if an offer is going to end in such a short time, it should be explicit to the user. I do not recommend and I prefer 23andme, they are much more helpfull.

• MyHeritage Customer Care's Response, Sep 23, 2019

Dear Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to contact us via email. We would be happy to refund this unwanted charge for you as soon as possible.

In order to so, we will need to locate your account. I understand that you are unable to email us. Please note that Complaintsboard doesn't allow for email addresses to be displayed on reviews. Therefore, the email addresses will appear as 'protected'.

I've attached a photo to this comment, with my personal email address. Please contact me as soon as possible so I may assist you with a refund with my highest priority.

As an alternative, you may also follow this link https://bit.ly/2l00VF4 and click on "No" under the question "Did this answer your question?" This will open a contact form, where you can provide a detailed description of your question.

You may also call us to one of our phone lines. See: https://www.myheritage.com/contact-myheritage

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and to assist you with this. Please open the picture attached to see my contact details.

Kind regards,
    Catarina, MyHeritage Team

offered discount that did not work...
Va
Sep 18, 2019

Comments

• Ka
      Sep 18, 2019

Dear MyHeritage Member,

I am sorry to read about your experience.

I have contacted you via Facebook Messenger to offer further assistance. Please reply to me at your earliest convenience.

Alternatively, you may email me directly via kayleigh.[protected]@myheritage.com.

Kind Regards,
    Kayleigh MyHeritage Team.

Sep 19, 2019

Apologies, my personal email address is kayleigh.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (the email address should be without spaces before and after the AT "@").

• El
      Sep 22, 2019

Please can anyone offer me the correct email address for. MyHeritage.com. My emails are returned with address unknown. I have an important issue to with. Liz Bagshaw UK

• El
      Sep 22, 2019

On 6th September I briefly logged on to MyHeritage.com. A few hours later I logged on again to stop the 14 Day trial and my subscription. Sadly, I didn’t flag PayPal to stop payment as I thought I’d cancelled.
    Since, very briefly on the 6th September, I have never once logged on until the 20th when I’ve been trying to talk to them. I’m sure MyHeritage can confirm my activities. All emails are returned.
    Without warning, they took £59.99. I am 81 and admit that I am not computer savvy but I cannot afford this amount of money to be taken out of my pension.
    Can they MyHeritage return my subscription and how do I stop them from withdrawing more money in the future as I went through all the cancelling procedures
    Regards Elizabeth Bagshaw

Sep 23, 2019

@Elizabeth Bagshaw Dear Elizabeth,

I am sorry to hear that you were unaware of the charge mentioned.

Unfortunately, the cancellation was not completed successfully which resulted in the charge being processed. This can be caused by a technical error, exiting the page prior to the cancellation being confirmed or a problem with the internet connection.

You may email me directly via kayleigh.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (the email address should be without spaces before and after the AT "@") and I would be happy to assist with your refund request.

Kind Regards,