my life/reunion.comRip off artists

L Review updated:

I joined reunion.com in Nov 08 after receiving an email that I had classmates looking for me. WRONG!!! I paid for a 3 month sub only. It took about 2 minutes on the sight for the red flags to start going up. My husband received and email from reunion.com stating that he also had high school classmates who were trying to contact him. HMMMMMM My husband is from New Zealand and they don't have "HIGH SCHOOLS" there. I thought this is a lesson learned and blew it off until 6 months later I get an email stating that I am now a premium member. I also get a notice from PayPal that $36.00 has been taken out of my account. I made an unauthorized charge claim with paypal and phoned which is now MyLife and was informed that this happens alot with paypal and that they would refund my money this time but I needed to cancell my subscription through paypal. I went in to my paypal account and found I didnt have any subscriptions. So here is where I am as of 7/8/2009 Paypal denied my claim saying I need to get the money from reunion.comand reunion.com never refunded my money.So much for buyer protection from PAYPAL!!!

Jul 09, 2009

I too have sufffered at the hands of Reunion.com or MyLife.com or what ever they choose to call themselves this week. Their services were very week and limited to start with in my opinion. They are very bad to hit your credit card without notifying you before hand. If you choose to use these guys so called "Services, " make double sure to turn off the automatic renewal.

• G
      Jan 07, 2010

I did not ever use this reunion.com or authorize a charge of 36.00 and I just found a charge of 36.00 on my credit card! I dont know where to begin. I do have a paypal account but that is it. I have a Facebook and My relatives application. I am very upset and hope this is the last authorization on my cc.

• U
      Jan 20, 2010

I could not agree more with how mylife/reunion works. i got rebilled after a year without any notification and not even realizing about the auto rebill. always read the fine print as due to the technicality of credit card process my credit card (chase) did not side with me. while i certainly learned what mistakes i made mylife/reunion is a sneaky and really poor resource entity for what they bill or blind bill...

• F
      Jan 27, 2010

My life reunion is taking a dollar ea month from my account, which I never authorised this approval, this is my life reunion is a big scam, I 'm trying to get my money back, will see what happens.

• C
      Mar 12, 2010

I also have been the subject of MyLife /Reunion.. what a scam.. I have just had £40.06 removed from my account (I am from Scotland and live in London and know no one in the USA and I have had the inconvenience of the Bank stopping my Debit card and re-issueing a new card which is going to take up to 7 days
    Someone over in the States should stop these people

• L
      Mar 22, 2010

My credit card was charged $94.00 by Mylife.com the same day I signed up for the 14 day free trial for Ancestry.com. Ancestry.com and Mylife.com are affiliated. I never gave my card info to Mylife, but did give it to Ancestry.com. I disputed with my credit card company, but Mylife used the credit card info I gave Ancestry.com to try to prove I did sign up with them. I am still disputing this. If Chase does not remove the charge then we will no longer use Chase.

Mar 23, 2010

I received a statement from my Capital One credit card with a charge of $60.oo for this so called MYLIFE/REUNION which I had supposedly subscribed to on Feb 13 of 2010. I disputed it and then just received a notice along with so called proof that I had actually RENEWED the site. for a year. I did not authorize this and want it removed from my card. Guess I will just have to cancel this card if these charges keep appearing out of no where. How they got my number is beyond me as I never have used that site that I know of. Please do something about these people who are ripping off the public.

• A
      Apr 06, 2010

I just noticed a deduction from my bank checking care worth $60.00. I do not recall ever giving my card number out. This is an outrage. Especially for the time that we are in. I live near Detroit, MI where the economy is NOT the best. People are losing their jobs left and right and these people are able to just deduct monies from your account when they offer a free trial period...really? I am on a fixed budget, now I may not be able to pay a bill that is needed this month in order for my household to function properly. Please do something!

Tried calling [protected], the automated message referred me to a sight www.sharedusage.com. Worthless!

• K
      Apr 06, 2010

I just had the same thing as all of you. They just charge me $60.00. sound like the making of a class action to me. these guys need to be shut down or else they will continue to steal money from people.

• J
      Apr 30, 2010

I just called the company at [protected]. After initially agreeing to refund only $24 of my $60 charge, after I told them about this site, they agreed to refund the full $60 and cancel my subscription. Give it a try!

• S
      May 07, 2010

Found a $119 deduction from our checking account and my husband said he had signed up for $10. The My Life web site was not helpful so I called the number [protected] furnished by JoanP (Thanks) and was able to get all but $36 refunded. Very deceitful business practices!

• D
      Jun 29, 2010

I just got a charge for $60.00 on my cerdit card a charge that I never authorize. I have not use any of their services.
    I am quite upset about this scam. I feel force now to close my bank account to make sure they won't use my information ever again.

Jul 03, 2010

I too just got a %60.00 charge on my credit card (unauthorized) How can they continue to jeopardize peoples credit??

Sep 08, 2010

How does mylife.com manage to charge my bank account for their services when I did not sign up with them in the first place? I found a charge of 41.85 today for an account listing my estranged sister-in-law as the account holder with the user ID being the name of her daughter. The email account associated with mylife.com is my own email account and mylife.com services was paid for with my own card number - which I did not provide.

I called mylife.com and told them I wanted that account cancelled NOW and was promised a refund in 7-10 days. I can still pull up the account so it has obviously not been cancelled "now". After reading these complaints I do not believe that I will ever be sent a refund. We'll see.

The estranged sister-in-law was charged at her job for fraud so I do not know which thief is doing the thieving. I will post a retraction IF my money is refunded. If not, I will list another complaint! Obviously, the BBB should take action on these people.

Barbiellie

• P
      Sep 15, 2010

dont just get mad and take it. Report it to the FTC and comsumer complaints, your local DA and your congressman. If your really brave, report it your news company who often run segments about scams . It is not just mylife.com. The credit cards know about it. There are thousands upon thousands of complaints in consumer agencies and FTC so any credit card company that has taken money for this and stuck by the scam company and against the consumer does so with the full knowledge that they are aiding and abetting a scam. So get it our there. Somebody needs to stop this company and get it out. If you got stung on face book, put out a warning on facebook.

• L
      Sep 28, 2010

This is nothing more than another bank-supported scam. It's no better than the sub-prime mortgage scam that pushed our entire country into a depression. These turkeys should have their tail-feathers blown off! If the banks won't shut them down, then cancel your credit card with the cooperating bank and open another with a bank that cares about the financial protection they can give their customers.

Like the line from the movie..."I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Wendello

Sep 28, 2010

if we could all use cash and live within our means we would not need credit card companys i only have 1 debit card from my bank we pay cash for everything

• H
      Oct 14, 2010

I too just got a charge for 36.00 on my account and never signed up for this service. I am taking another persons advice and contacting my state's attorney about this scam as well as reporting it to Ripoff.com. Maybe we should all ban together and file a suit against this company so more innocent people aren't effected.

• V
      Nov 10, 2010

I have also been ripped off by My Life. I received an e-mail stating that I had a message from someone looking from me. This was not true. I paid for what I thought was $6.99 to receive the message. But they charged my account approximately $40. The fine print said I was signing up for a subscription. I contacted them immediately, and they refused to give me a refund. So then I tried using their service, since I had paid for it, but I was never able to access my account. It said I would have to sign up and pay for a subscription - even though I already had! I didn't even want their service. The least they could do is give it me, since I unwittingly paid for it!

• M
      Nov 11, 2010

I just had the same thing as all of you. They just charge me $60.00. . I am thinking the same way these guys need to be shut down or else they will continue to steal money from people. Can not see how they can do it this wsy.

• U
      Nov 22, 2010

How do you contact them to get a refund or cancellation?? I cannot find a phone number, and their help link does not work.

Jan 04, 2011

I just realized that after the holidays that my life reunion has taken $167.40 out of my account and I am NOT seing away to contact them to get my money back! The so called phone number that is located on my account they took from is missing one digit to be able to call them. Anyone knowing how to get ahold of them? Let me know. This making me very angry, that's HARD EARNED Money that I need! What a Christmas Gift! Huh! Boilingmad!

• S
      Apr 07, 2011

They took 83.40 from me which caused my account to go into overdraft, resulting in a 35.00 fee as well. I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I suggest everyone do the same because they still have an A+ rating with them.

• J
      Apr 28, 2011

The game they play is to get you to sign up because someone is looking for you. I actually went to the site to find someone I was suing who had hit my car. They had moved and I could not get them served. There information is incredibly out of date. They were 2 addresses behind. I check some people I knew and found the same. Their data is bad. I signed up for a one time use, which by them is one month. I never went back to the site as their data is useless. I tried to explain to their customer service but she barely spoke English and I got no where. I put a stop payment on the pending charges and they at least canceled my account and I'm trying to convince Master Card this was a rip off after month one. DO NOT WASTE TIME USING THIS SITE. YOU WON'T FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND THEY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF IN THE PROCESS.

• V
      Jun 08, 2011

I live in London and I just noticed "my-life reunion search" took £11.43 from my account!!! Who are they??? I have NEVER dealt with this company or whatever it is at any time!!! How can I stop this...

• P
      Aug 26, 2011

I completely disagree. You people are mere FOOLS that just shouldn't be using the internet (older people, probably?)! How dumb can you be? Here's some advice for you when it comes to online subscriptions. 1. If you are typing in your credit card number on the internet READ EVERYTHING ON THE PAGE! Remember, this is your online contract. 2. Read e-mail advertizements carefully; don't assume! 3. Realize the difference between marketing info and real info. In other words, KEEP YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU! You all are pathetic running off to report it as a scam, when all it is is you just realize your ###ic regret and you just cant own up to your mistake! If the banks are siding with Mylife.com, then GET THE HINT. You complainants make me disgusted, LOOK! there is a reason why you all are in financial trouble! Get with the times or get offline! Simple! plus the site works, it helped me find my brother after i kept a 6mo sub. Yes i knew i was being charged upfront. Yes i knew the Auto billing was on! Yes i called up support (and they're based in the states). They told me that there is a feature scanning the web for me. AND IT WAS TRUE. Because, they first had old info, then later i got a real email that stated new contact info. AND THERE IT WAS ! AND my family COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! Mylife.com is amazing. Maybe the only difference between us is that I actually read before agreeing!!.. WOW, WHAT A CONCEPT!

• G
      Jul 28, 2013

I have had my life .com try to charge to much as well never use it got on today to cancel accidentally check on my account to see what I have next I know my credit card is being billed 70.00 for trying to cancel disputing it can't talk on one on weekends I will call my news channel