My Free TravelDidn't get my visa cards

H

My husband and i agreed to a tour of cabins in Gatlinburg Tenn. For doing this we received a certificate for free fuel. Each time we bought gas we had to save up the receipts until we had spent 100.00 . mail them in and get back a 25.00 visa gift card. this was to be done monthly and after 1 yr. we would have gotten 300.00 in gift cards . i was doing exactly as instructed and not receiving anything I made approx 10 phone calls wanting to know when i would receive my cards. I kept getting lame excuses. also I had to send 9.95 to get started. I just called them today and got a recording OUT OF BUSINESS !!!

• Be
    Beltrone Oct 13, 2011

Had not received rebate cards since submitting in September 2009. Just received my December certificates back in the mail. Called the number, and "due to heavy response", they are no longer honoring the rebate certificates. Should have known it was a scam to begin with when they asked for a refundable registration fee. Caveat Emptor!!!

• Ww
    www.nomorerebatescams.webs.com May 28, 2010

Please go to http://www.nomorerebatescams.webs.com/

• Ww
    www.nomorerebatescams.webs.com May 28, 2010

Please go to http://www.nomorerebatescams.webs.com/ for the full story about the My Free Travel rebate scam. You can also go to http://cbs2chicago.com/local/rebates.fraud.Dorothy.2.1721754.html for video on the scam.

• Ju
    Judith schipani Mar 03, 2010

What a rip off. promised gas and or food for buying a product and never ever did anything. where is the government when you need them????

• Fu
    furious about scam Jan 13, 2010

Same here, I got my Dec. coupon and receipts returned to me in the mail yesterday. I've been turning them in since Oct and have not received any rebates. I turned them in to IL BBB, but got a reply that they are no longer accepting complaints for this company and directed me to the IL state attorney's website where I filled out a comsumer complaint. I paid $55 to join this scam for gas and grocery rebates. I paid 2 $9.95 registration fees, one for each rebate services, where were suppose to be returned to me with my first $25 gift cards, so I put $75 in to this scam, sent copies of my drivers license and now they have my check information. I'm furious!

• St
    Stephen J Kuroczka Jan 13, 2010

I signed up for the rebate program, paid the fee, submitted receipts and gas coupons monthly, only received one card and then future mailings were returned as: "moved, and left no forewarding address". Apparently just another rip off. Is there something I can do to get what is owed to me?

• Li
    Liz F. Jan 12, 2010

Wow, I am pissed! I only did the rebate program for gas and grocery to break even on a ad placement with a local magazine. I have yet to see a Visa card returned but yes they did cash my 2 - $9.95 checks! I have spent preciouse time with this program...! It's hard to get anyone on the phone and they've never eamiled back. I emailed after not getting them on the phone to leave a "paper trail".

Recently 3 of my mailed envelopes were mailed back to me, stating the Joilet, IL address was not available or moved according to the USPS. Those were receipts for November 09.

Good luck everyone!
    Liz

• Pa
    parthemore Jan 07, 2010

If you have a complaint, I called that insurance company! (Thanks yellowsun). They are owned by AIG (you know, the one we all own now). Send all info you have (copy of voucher, check, contact info, etc.) to

Attn: Dudley @ AIG
    FAX: [protected]

They currently have a legal team working on this.

Or fill out a form at www.illinoisattorneygeneral.com

• Ye
    yerxamason Jan 05, 2010

My complaint is the same as all the rest. We paid 9.95 and the check was cashed. We got the information as a reward for watching a presentation of fire alarm systems which took at least an hour of our time. I have sent in 3 months worth of receipts from the grocery store and still not $25. Visa gift card.

• Mr
    mr. andy lamascus Jan 01, 2010

i signed up for dish network! and they said i would get 500.00 visa gift cards! if i sent 10.00 to sign up! that was in sept. 3th they said i would be getting it in the mail !i have yet to get anything ! they also asked that i spend 100.00 a month in grocery receipts! i have sent them every month since i still have not got anything! and have racked up 56.00 in long distance calls ! caslling theses people!!!

• Mo
    Mom_of_4_angels Dec 29, 2009

Please be advised that My Free Travel will be unable to honor any rebates redeemed on or after December 1, 2009. This is due to an extremely high response rate to the program. The responses received have far exceeded numbers anticipated by our projections and this has resulted in a shortage of funds to meet required payments. We will continue to attempt payment for any qualified rebates that have been submitted prior to December 1, 2009.

This is now posted on their website. I guess we don't get our $9.95 registration fee back either.

• Zd
    Zdon Dec 28, 2009

I have had the exact same problem. They are still closed for the holidays. I have been waiting since August for my rebates and every time I call and actually get a person they say they are sending them out right away. They at first tried to tell me that I was using a different gas station and the grocery store. I think they are full of it!
    Angela

• Pa
    Pat Peduto Dec 22, 2009

Have been waiting for promised monthly rebates after following the myriad of restrictions placed by the company. Unable to reach by phone...recorded message "Closed for the holidays".