My Free Travelcharge every month 10 dollars to my credit card

A

I got a coupon for fre 2 days 3 nights in a hotel I supost to send 15 dolars for the reservacion and now they charge 10 dollar everi month from my credit card.

thanks

ana mora

• Co
    complaintpolice Jul 05, 2009

why do you keep letting them do that. Must have been a mistake
    when entering it in the computer. all you have to do is call them and they will stop. Complaining on here wont stop it. You seem to be the only one on the internet that had a problem with my free travel. The time it took you to find this website and think of what to say and type the complaint, you could have called them and resolved your problem.

• Ih
    ihatemyfreetravel Jul 09, 2009

my free travel rebate program is a joke. you have to jump through tons of hoops to get your rebate, customer service is horrible, and if you make even one mistake your rebate is void and you get no money at all. Stay away from this company.

• Lo
    LOVEMY FREE TRAVEL Aug 29, 2009

I doubt very seriously your complaint is valid. IF you do some searching you will see this compnay has an awesome record for as long as they have been in business and then also count the # of people they deal with. Let me know anyone who has a better record.

• My
    myfreetraveltom Sep 25, 2009

I personally have received excellent customer service from my free travel...If you are still having problems with them please call me and I will help you get it resolved..thanks Tom Kelley [protected] cell

• Co
    Complaint Police Oct 18, 2009

The only reason they experienced any customer service problems was because they went and made good on thousands of certificates in Aug/Sept from BBZ that went bankrupt. They have a 22 year track record and A rating.

Groutchy Ole Crankshaft Oct 28, 2009

Then why is the Illinois Attorney General involved. They don't get actively involved on a whim. There are numerous complaints. Indeed, it appears a couple of respondents must own stock in My Free Travel.

• Sc
    scamofyear Nov 02, 2009

Dealing with my free travel. . . . a complete scam. I have been making phone calls for two weeks to this company and half the time a recording says it has been disconnected the other half of the time when the recording picks up you can never get a live body. I was reading this complaint board last week and a supposed Nicole from the company at ext. 129 said to contact her at your convenience and she would help. What a joke she is. A dozen calls and still no returned phone call. I got sucked into this scam by signing up with Dish Network. There were several different companies that did the same thing but of course I fell for the $500. rebates. Luckly i haven't put any money into this scam of a company, only wasted time gathering receipts and mailing them in. I also have delt with many internet companies over the years and have never been disappointed until now. To you very few that have claimed to have had a good experience, google my free travel and check out the list of people complaining. And to Mr. Tom Kelley @[protected] that says he can be such a big help, I actually called and suprise, another recording saying 'The person you have called has a voice mail box that has not been set up.' This whole thing is a joke, a scam and a waste of time!!!

makemyday Nov 06, 2009

MYFREETRAVEL just got their Better Business Bureau certification taken away on October 20, 2009 for not meeting BBB standards. To those of you who think this company is so great, explain that!

makemyday Nov 06, 2009

Honest Joe Nov 06, 2009

My Free Travel's grocery rebate program is a complete scam. To all merchants who are thinking of offering this to your customers - DO NOT DO IT! You will lose customers out of feeling cheated by these jokers. We filed a BBB complaint on them today (11/6/09).

• Da
    DarcieB Nov 10, 2009

My Free Travel is a SCAM! For one, we were invited to a Travel Promotion and told that we got $300 in free groceries and a three night stay in the location of our choice for attending this promotion. That's NOT TRUE!!! If we ever get ANYTHING from them, we have to do all of this CRAP like saving grocery receipts and sending in "qualifying" receipts each month for a $25 Visa Card each month which, since we started in July, have received NOTHING!!! Then, the trip? We had to give 3 dates and locations at least 90 days apart within 12 months. They refused the first. They supposedly will notify us 4 weeks before the next date IF they can do it. FALSE ADVERTISING!!! We DID NOT GET ANYTHING for attending the promo, > We got a lot of WORK TO DO TO TRY TO GET A FRICKIN' THING!!!

• Fr
    Free Gas and Grocery guy Nov 10, 2009

If any retailers have any issues please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com
    I will handle any issues from retailers. If you are a consumer have the retailer that gave you the gas or grocery certificate contact me and I will see what I can do.

• Ni
    NicoleMFT Nov 12, 2009

Anyone that is experiencing any difficulties with their rebate, please contact me. I would be happy to help and assist you in anyway that I can. I can be reached Monday thru Friday, 9 am to 5 pm cst, at [protected] ext. 129. If I am unavailable, please leave a detailed message and I will return your call within 48 hours. You can also contact me directly at [protected]@myfreetravel.com.

Sincerely,

Nicole
    My Free Travel

Nonya Bidness Nov 15, 2009

I bought appliances at Bernie's, in mid-May 2009. With the purchase was a certificate good for $500 in groceries. I registered, filled everything out. Got nothing back. A month later, I enquired and found out the company that provided the cert went out of business and was taken over by myfreetravel. Awesome! Maybe now I'd get some of that rebate. Well, I not only had to re-register, I had to pay $9.95 for the privilege. Okay fine - different companies, different policies. I sent in the paperwork, checked online, I'm registered fine, everything went through, printed out my coupons, sent them in. It's November 15, and I still haven't received my first card which was supposed to include the $9.95 registration fee. I've been on the phone with them every week, and every week they apologize. In September, the excuse was "they apologize for the delay and are doing everything we can." In October, they discovered a bad batch in the August refunds, and thank me so much for bringing it to their attention, and they'll have a card out for me pronto. This month, they told the Manager, who promised it'd be sent out the next day, but apparently she uh...forgot. At this point, it'd probably take less time and cost less money to just GO to Joliett Illinois, walk into their offices, and sit on the receptionist's desk and refuse to move until they hand me $500 in cash. Oh, plus the $9.95 for registration that I'm out.

NonnieBidness Nov 17, 2009

Update: Their phone number was "disconnected or no longer in service" for several hours, which seems to be a daily pattern. I finally got through to "Nicole" who read me her "we're sorry for the delay, your card has been processed and you should receive it within the week" script. I did catch that part of her speech where she mentioned the whole qualified receipts part. Good thing I do read the fine print. It says 75% of each receipt must be actual groceries, and they provide a list of examples, which are mostly food items. Toilet paper, apparently, is not a grocery item. Even though it is in the grocery aisle. Protip: When going through this process at the supermarket, set aside all NON-grocery items. Purchase the grocery items, put the receipt in an envelope. Then purchase the non-grocery items. All one trip, just two purchases. That way, 100% of all your submitted reciepts, will be 100% grocery items, and they won't be able to nitpick and tell you that your percentage fell to 74% and disqualify you.

Groutchy Ole Crankshaft Nov 18, 2009

My Free Travel failed to respond to the first complaint from the BBB. They have another 10 days to respond. I don't know what happens if they fail to respond at all. If you go to the Illinois BBB site and search on My Free Travel. Their rating has beed reduced to the lowest rating of "F". Shame on these companies for using My Free Travel as a promotional "sham". I encourage everyone to contact their state BBB and file a complaint. I have also filed a compllaint with the FTC. My next move is the Illinois Attorney General.

Hoop Jumper Nov 25, 2009

Going through what most people are on this board, now I get this e-mail...everyone else getting this? What to do?

Doesn't seem like a tough decision...Option 1 : stick with the plan, Option 2&3 - jump through more hoops and increase the likelihood of being "disqualified" due to some small technicality in another program...

...

Dear My Free Travel Customer:

My Free Travel has operated a successful travel business for the past twenty-two years. We have successfully helped millions of consumers reach their travel destinations in an efficient and cost-effective manner, and while doing so, we have brought a tremendous amount of happiness to all of our customers during these past twenty-two years. During the last five years, we also implemented a rebate program that has enabled consumers to submit receipts in exchange for Visa Gift Cards that could be used at their discretion.

Unfortunately, a rebate company that also managed rebate programs went out of business, and as a result of them leaving customers stranded, My Free Travel "stepped up to the plate" and offered to replace those "broken" rebate certificates at no cost to the end consumer.

While our intentions were good, we could not have anticipated the unprecedented volume, and as a result, there were many, many more redemptions than we had planned for. This caused infrastructure stresses resulting in our inability to process the receipts as timely as we had promised. Customers had extraordinary wait times and we were delayed on following through on many of the promises we had made.

This letter provides some solutions that we've developed to resolve the problems, about which we feel terrible, but which we want to make right for our customers.

Listed here are three options which you may chose from by emailing us at [protected]@MyFreeTravel.com or by mailing this letter to our Marketing Center at PO Box 1494, Plainfield, IL 60544.

Option One: Due to the delays noted above, we cannot accurately predict when your next rebate card will be sent to you, but we hope to send all rebate cards within the next twelve to sixteen weeks. Please note that it may take longer, but if you agree to wait by selecting this option, please do so knowing that you will eventually receive your promised Visa cards, although their delivery will be significantly delayed.

Option Two: View the Lifetime Travel Book to see a copy of our Lifetime Travel Book. This book has a savings of over $15, 000 in travel offers, and is being offered to you at no cost in exchange for forfeiting the balance due on your rebate program. By selecting this option, you understand that your rebate certificate will be voided, and a Lifetime Travel Book, with over $15, 000 in value, will be mailed to you within ten days. The offers in this book do not expire and can be used by you and your family. Offers include 2 for 1 airfare, 2 for 1 cruises, complimentary hotel and resort stays and much more.

Option Three: View the Savings Bucks Book to see a copy of a SavingsBucks Book. This book grants you access to over 120, 000 local & national coupons, plus includes $500 in SavingsBucks that may be used to get steep discounts at 10, 000+ restaurants, over 12, 000 name brand products, plus savings on hotel stays, gift cards, and more. This book is being offered to you at no cost in exchange for forfeiting the balance due on your rebate program. By selecting this option, you understand that your rebate certificate will be voided, and a SavingsBucks Book will be mailed to you within ten days.

My Free Travel is committed to giving you a product that provides you with the kind of value that you expect. Please provide the serial number on your rebate certificate, and tell us which option you select in the section below. Then, email or mail us with that information, so that we can act on the option you have selected.

Sincerely,

My Free Travel

Groutchy Ole Crankshaft Nov 27, 2009

To Hoop Jumper and 1Genuine Guy...those are canned comment and we definetely know who signs your checks! How do you sleep at night?

Groutchy Ole Crankshaft Nov 27, 2009

Why doesn't the company notify people by email, USPS, or phone and let us know these things...although I would never trust anything you say or are trying to offer...communication goes a long way. It's not like you don't have all of our contact information. You represent a sad excuse for a company.

Groutchy Ole Crankshaft Nov 27, 2009

Sorry Hoop Jumper, I misread andshould not have included your name in my comment. I apologize.

Hoop Jumper Nov 29, 2009

Hehe, no problem. I was little confused there for a second. :-)

Not sure what to expect from this, I guess if I get upset about it enough it sounds like I should just contact the attorney general

• To
    TomSmith Dec 15, 2009

I called the rep who sold the carpet company I bought from. The carpet company said to call him for immediate redemption. I called him directly and received my card right away.

I think he owns the company behind the promotion.

Good luck.

TS

• St
    Steaming Mad in Utah Dec 18, 2009

FOUND OUT TODAY THAT MY FREE TRAVEL HAS "CEASED OPERATIONS". THE BBB WEBSITE SUGGESTS CONTACTING THE ILLINOIS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE: CHICAGO CONSUMER FRAUD HOTLINE [protected]. I HAVE CALLED THIS COMPANY FOR MONTHS AND WAS GIVEN EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE. I NEVER RECEIVED A SINGLE REBATE...

jone Jam Jan 12, 2010

what is the date on the email sent to hoop jumper about the options ?
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Al
    Always Blessed Jan 20, 2010

We got a 3 day 2 nights hotel accommodations with $15.00 registration fee? Should I proceed? Pls. advise.

norm1966 Jan 23, 2010

this company is OUT of business. They actually used this scam for a local charity. Unbelievable. DO NOT participate in this program!

AndySchink Feb 02, 2010

ripoff

• Da
    Daisy Mariposa Feb 02, 2010

What is your complaint?

• Ww
    www.nomorerebatescams.webs.com May 28, 2010

Please go to http://www.nomorerebatescams.webs.com/
    for the full story about the My Free Travel rebate scam. You can also go to http://cbs2chicago.com/local/rebates.fraud.Dorothy.2.1721754.html for video on the scam.