MX EnergyNot a Very Good Electric Company

I could type a long story here, truth is, I can't believe I have to be with this company for over 2+ years because I'm under a business contract. Basically, it started from the beginning, can you believe since I'm a business owner, the more electricity I use the lower my bill? What is that? In the last six months they took money automatically and didn't take automatically in a way that either took double payments in check form then withdrew more money automatically from my bank account spiratically. Then when I noticed it, they didn't want to correct it for over 4 weeks. A lady did get my money back quicker, but it was pulling teeth. I had to tell her as a Manager she couldn't even help, and all of a sudden, she made it happen. The customer service is poor. They are not in it to make your life easier they countlessly make admin mistakes. I will not ever use this company again. After that lady helped me and cancelled the auto payment, it still came out the month after! Then I called her personally and the customer service individual put me on hold to get her and for some reason she wasn't available. The man ended up helping me, but what for, the payment already went out again when it was supposed to be CANCELLED! I was pissed. Anyhow, poor customer service and no organization in the company plan to provide great service and definitely no empathy for my situation. Out to get your money and tie you into a long drawn out unhappy contract. Yes, I asked twice to be let out of it but they won't without burning me up to my ears with fees.

• Co
    COMPLAINING,WAL-MART Oct 11, 2009

abusers are follow woman that don't them

• Ce
    Cecie Oct 14, 2009

After being a customer for 10 years, my 9/2/09 payment check was mailed but never received by them and I did not get a cancellation notice or phone call. My service was shut off last night and I was told it would take 6 days before I could be restored. Evidently, it is all an Atlanta Gas Light problem because MxEnergy is just the marketer and have no control over the service providers. Big flaw in the business model from a customer perspective. Before deregulation, Atlanta Gas Light had an obligation to be responsive to their customers. No cooking or hot showers for my family for 6 more days. Even a call to Jeffery Mayers office ( MxEnergy CEO) netted NO results. They just don't care ! Time to vote with my feet and get off the grid !!!

• Cu
    customerhappy Jan 18, 2010

My bill came (12/09/2017 - 01/10/2017) for $448.79, the last month was $224.07. I suspect that no one came and check and whoever was doing the reading was estimating.

• Tf
    tf~~~ Feb 01, 2010

Does not send out notifications of rejected applications from your gas company. You think your set up with this fixed rate, then you get your bills and theres no fixed rate or MX ENERGY name on the bill. You call MX ENERGY only to find out they don't inform you if you were not approved with your gas company. Very unhappy with the high rates I wasn't expecting.

• Va
    Valarie Scales Apr 02, 2010

I am a very unhappy customer. I have been with MX/ Georgia for quite some time now. I just paid 300.00 on March 22nd and I receive yet another disconnect PINK letter on today April 2, 2017. They charge an extra 15.00 each time they send out that letter and for some reason, they find a reason to send me one EVERY month. Is there a class action suit out and can we get one? They are growing rapidly for scamming people!!

• Da
    dazi Sep 28, 2010

Yes, I just noticed this myself. This needs to be investigated!!

• Je
    jerilynn Detata Dec 16, 2010

Agreed more than two years ago to try MX Energy...After first bill called to cancel...It took them three months which were highest heat months...They claimed I would ow $150 cancellation...I informed them I was never told this verbally or in writing...Two years later I get a collection letter

• 2g
    2goodcats Dec 26, 2010

With deregulation I was leasd to believe i had to change my utlitly company though my family has been a loyal PSE&G customer for over 53 years. I practice energy conservation in my home (shutting lights when I leave a room, lowering the thermostat in the winter and raising it during the summer) I ' ve replaced windows and I was in shock on Christmas Eve when I received a bill for $636.00 to heat my little cape cod home. There is a separatethermostat for mu upstairs and I keep it off as my living areas are on one floor. This is over 3x the amount I previously paid. After contacting PSE&G, a very nice young man explained that I went over the budget MX eneergy had allowed.I was also informed that I did not need to choose my supplier and thst companies such as Mx eneergy can be very insistent in their tactics in trying to lure you away from your current provider

• Sh
    Shelly McKee Dec 28, 2010

The same thing happened to me, only I fulfilled my two years of contract.They state they sent a letter notifying me that I had to reply to cancel another two years. I never received a letter only a bill at Christmas for $150.00 cancelation fee.I contacted Indiana Attorney General's office, thought they had it taken care of, only to get a bill from collection agency at Christmas two years later. Know, Attorney General's office forwards a letter that I could have made payments, a letter they received over a year ago, so know that it is in collections you can not make a payment plan. Help, what is a single mother to do, trying to stay above water, not working well!!!

• Mk
    mkill Feb 10, 2011

I was lead to believe that my bill would be lower than it was before. I was lied to my bill was 3x larger. They do talk in circles when you contact them about your bill. I received a charge of 4o1 dollars for one months service. I have never used that much gas before to heat my house. I am now paying 2 utility companies for gas. My first bill was 799 dollars. I have never in my life had a gas bill this high. I had cancelled the contract a week after I made it but they still billed me. I can't afford to pay this.

jorie Feb 15, 2011

A year ago, I moved to Texas and started the search for an energy carrier. I was comparing rates and customer service. I filled out serveral inquiries, one of them I guess was for MX Energy, but I selected to go with a different carrier. Last week, while traveling, I received a call from a MX collections person stating I owed a passed due bill for March 2017? Since I didn't remember who they were, I asked them to fax me some documentation as to what they were talking about, it actually sounded like a phone scam. A year later I owe money to a utility company I've don't know anything about? Really? Well it seems my online inquiry actually activated a request for service and therefore I am being charge for 1 day of service for $20+. What a total scam. They wouldn't remove the charge. I know its only $20+ a $3 processing fee but, it's the principle. Poor, poor business practice. Another shady MX Energy deal.

Chad Vega Mar 14, 2011

Why are these crooks still in business. My gas bill went up by 25% because of these bums...
    And I was hit with their $150.00 dollar cancellation charge, which I was never told about.
    MX Energy gives the Mafia a bad name.

• Ho
    Howard12 Apr 19, 2011

MX Energy is bad A person was walking around the neighborhood soliciting and I help them out because they were going to vacant houses. I signed up and later I found out that they offer a $50 prepaid visa card if you sign up on line. Now there rate is more than if I would not have switched in the first place my bill would be lower with my regular company which is one of the highest. Now the also offered a $25 visa card if you renew online by a certain date after at least 12 calls to them I still don't have the card they keep saying about a rebate form but it never comes. They told me I would have it by the April 20 which is one more day. I am reporting the to the BBB there grade is already a D hopefully it will go down to a F. Do not sign on with this foolish company you are doing wrong.

• La
    larryaaron Jun 03, 2011

After trying their service for providing gas utilities for 6 months, we cancelled our plan as their prices were not what they promised. Then. 7 month later we get many phone calls saying we owe them for a months service. I asked how that can be when they closed out our account in good standing at the end of the contract. They said they made an error and forgot to bill one month. We asked them to send us a bill. Then repeated calls for payment with no bill sent. Then we speak to several people in management that said they would fix this and they are sorry, but they did nothing. We waited and asked for bill several more times. Then collection agency calls threatening us. This company is pathetic.

• Ry
    Rytd Jun 16, 2011

I signed up for a monthly fixed rate with this natural gas company to save money on my gas companies variable fixed. However, from the start the rate was high and it never even came down to my old gas companies rate. After three years of being ripped off I asked to have my original gas service restored. But MX enegry keeps finding reasons to charge me more cash and are delaying my turn over.

• To
    Tony Atlanta Ga Sep 09, 2011

Yes the stupid ### shut you off in a minute but take a week to turn you back on, it is absolutely stupid especially since you see the trucks all over threw out the day close to your home and anyone can turn it back on.Bunch of ripoff's I am changing my service over to Stream Energy

• Ai
    airnos Nov 08, 2011

Their Accounts Receivable practices are deceptive! Had changed account numbers due to a move and they continued to post my payments to the OLD account which, post-cutoff, ran up a credit balance. NO notification to me. Only when I got cut off for supposed non-payment and called, irate, did they even acknowledge the fact that the credit existed. Then they made me wait a week to be turned back on, charged me a reconnect fee, and claimed it was a Georgia statute but could not cite the statute number. Customer service was only interested in telling me how it was my fault for not putting the account number on my checks or checking the balance on the cutoff notice. I got the cutoff notice the day after I mailed the check so it was a safe assumption that it was simply a cross in the mail. Result: thanks to their DECEPTIVE practices and FAILURE to notify me about a credit, I had to go with cold showers and no heat for a week. In 30-40 degree weather. Cancelling my business as soon as the contract is up.

• Ap
    April_T Oct 09, 2012

MX Energy is a scam! They persuade my mother to signed up with them and promise that she can save more money. After signing up with MX, I notice that her bill went double than what I usually paid for her. After 4 months of paying higher bill, I called MX Energy to ask why her bill was higher than before and representative told me that my mother used more energy or maybe she didn't pay her bill. I always paid off her bill each month and was very surprised. After explaining that I always paid for my mothers on time with full amount; and that MX charge her more than double, she still said that we use more electricity and gas. Its ridiculous that her bill was as high as $850 a month, that's more than double from what I usually paid with the old supplier. After talking to her, I told her that I wanted to cancel MX Energy and the rep lady told that it takes 3 billing cycle to cancel. It was a nightmare for me and my mother. After the 3 cycle, we're back to our old supplier and pay less!