MVQ * ShopessplusUnauthorized Charges

MVQ*Shopessplus has charged my credit card 4 consecutive months for a membership I didn’t not sign up for. I have made several attempts to contact them and question the charge, however after calling the 800 # listed on my credit card statement I am asked to enter a membership number, which I do not have. There is no way to get in touch with a representative to talk. I have Googled the company name only to get a site that asks for my information and submit it and they will contact me. I am feed up with the lack of customer service and contact information available for companies. And companies that can get away with unauthorized charges. I feel for the person that does not look at the monthly statement.

• Jk
    J K B Sep 08, 2009

When they ask for the credit card number, enter #. They will ask again and enter # again. Then you will connected to a person. Be sure to check your credit card charges for MVQ*VPCLUBUS and MVQ*SHOPESSPLUS. Both can be handled by the [protected] number and you can get cancelled and refunds at the same time.

• Jl
    jlb2001 Sep 16, 2009

Me too! what's up with this. Doesn't the credit card companies get alerted about these scam artists! Mine was 19.95

• Ss
    ssg young Sep 16, 2009

I just called this company and they made a withdrawl from my account that I disputed. The reason the charge was there was it is a membership fee which offers you a 20% discount on VistaPrint .com and probably other webpages. I did make a purchase through vistaprint but did not approve of the monthly membership. So I canceled the membership. I am so glad that I did a google search on this company so that I could find this forum. The number that I called was [protected], and when they asked for my ID number I did what J K B
    suggested and put in the # sign. I hope this also helps.

• Ta
    TASK Sep 18, 2009

I just checked my account and found this same charge. We had also purchased some items from Vista print but never authorized this membership. Called [protected], entered the # sign at every prompt (took me three times), and then got a person who stated that they would cancel my membership and refund me within two business days. Thanks for the help JKB!

• Na
    nancylewis25 Sep 19, 2009

I have 5 charges from them. I called after I noticed the 3rd charge and was told it will be cancelled and I would be reiembursed. I have since been charge two more times. Both charges within one day of each other.

• Sj
    Sjay20 Sep 25, 2009

I have just found that this same company has been taking $11.95 out of my account and I two have not signed up for any membership. Sadly it has been charged 8 times and I just called (I did the # thing) spoke with a person she said they would cancel it. At the end she said her name again and even said her Id # which I wrote down so I am hoping to have no more problems from them!

• Ru
    Rubee 2637 Sep 27, 2009

I* also was charged without my knowledge for 2 accounts which I never signed up for. When I called about the 2 charges, I was told that I had clicked on a advertisment for inkers. This should be caught by the better buisness bureau... What a shame that you cannot look for something on the internet and then find out that you have been charged for something you have no idea about.. I was promised refunds within 48 hours. Well we will see or here will be something or some company will be indeed in big trouble..

• Sc
    SCFriery Sep 28, 2009

JKB - I called that number, [protected], and it is a number no longer in service. I, too, have the charge on my card. I am going to my bank to see if they can block the charge. The is shameful. If I see another charge on there, I will be contacting my state atty gen.

• Aw
    AW14 Sep 29, 2009

I just saw this charge on my checking account and I'm so glad I googled it and found people that have had the same charges. I called [protected] and had to press # three times to get through. I took down the name and ID # of the operator and was told that my membership would be cancelled and the money would be reimbursed back into my account in 3-5 days! So frustrating!

• 2c
    2 Cents Sep 30, 2009

I got through...[protected]...I kept hitting numbers until it said just a minute an operator will be with you shortly...I did not follow the press here BS. I was told the same... my membership would be cancled immediately. I must admitt it was my started this association so I have some ownership in this. I would just say follow the general electronic communication rule keep you Credit Card for only sites you trust...
    Just My 2 Cents

• 2c
    2 Cents Sep 30, 2009

I just got my cancellation emailed to me 10 minutes after I called...Just My 2 Cents

• Sf
    SFriery Oct 01, 2009

Try this: http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/customer_care/partnercancellation.aspx

I twittered about my problem and they responded quickly with an apology and a way to straighten it out. We'll see how well they take care of it.

• Bo
    boilerup51 Oct 02, 2009

I also had this problem. I just called them and they said mine was from visiting Restaurants.com. I bought a couple of gift cards from them, but never agreed to these charges. This is so frustrating, we work hard for our money and these people just go and take it in a scam. ughhhh.

• De
    DeeNaDee Oct 09, 2009

This is THEFT. My husband ordered some checks from Vista, paid for them, then they take unauthorized funds from our account? That's theft. And if we are jus the people who NOTICED, how many haven't noticed, or may not ever notice?

• Sc
    Scooter23 Oct 09, 2009

I agree - - we also just noticed the charge on 9/29 and reviewed the account and found 3 additonal charges. Each $14.95. I have contacted my credit card and have placed the amounts in dispute.

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Oct 10, 2009

little more research and i found this site.

apparently they sign you up then you have to search them out to activate or cancel your membership.

website is http://www.membershipcenter.com/index.aspx

gives you the option to cancel . also has numbers and email addresses.
    it lets you find your membership with the code from your bank statement ( the name they charged you under) and your email address. It gives you the option to enter your credit card number BUT I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT!

Good Luck all!

• Am
    Amy Williams Oct 12, 2009

Apparently you've been duped by VISTAPRINT when you agree to the terms and conditions when purchasing online. When I called the number listed on my credit card statement, they said they could not pull up my information. How the heck can you charge my card but not have my information when I call to dispute? Ridiculous!

Markyyyyyyyy Oct 13, 2009

Same problem but it started with Restaurant.com. I got through by pressing # twice. The agent gave me a 1 month (of six) refund and canceled my account. I did receive an email confirming the cancellation.

anns888 Oct 14, 2009

There should be an investigation on this company. I think it's too easy for them to charge then cancel when you notice a bill on your credit card statement. Isn't this illegal? HOw do we start and take action to get these crooks?

• Ti
    tigerlilly522 Oct 15, 2009

Our card was charged 14.95. I called [protected] and entered our cc number and reached a representative. I said it was not authorized, I want it cancelled and refunded . There was no aurgument, just a no problem and she said she would cancel and refund it within two days. I feel terrible for those people who don't see the charge on thier statement. The machine on the phone said "you clicked on a banner or ad to save 10$". Why would anyone pay 14.95 a month to save 10 bucks! What a rip off scam!

• Sn
    snickers1558 Oct 17, 2009

My card was also charged 14.95. When I called, the computer system was apparently frozen and so the agent put me on hold while she tried to pull up my account. I don't know if this was a tactic to try to get me to hang up, or whether the system was genuinely down. When she finally found my account, she said she canceled the account and I would receive a refund.

I feel very foolish for clicking on the stupid banner on the VistaPrint website!

• Rd
    rd73 Oct 22, 2009

These guys have been charging me for 3 months I just found out.. I told them to either refund me every charge PLUS my 27.50 overdraft on the most recent transaction (my account was a little low but has OD protection)

I was told that they would refund the 3 monthly charges but I would have to fax my bank statement to them showing their fault in my over draft in order to receive my 27.50.

I agree that companies like this should be investigated for their criminal practices..

• Do
    Donna Richter Oct 24, 2009

I have just found a charge on my account and I have no idea who this is or when I would have authorized this charge. I am contacting my bank to let them know again of a company taking funds out of my account in which I didn't authorize. I have gone in and looked around the website and found a membership card that I can print which has all the information I have seen people say they do not have. I am turning in this company like I have others who I have seen do this.

• Do
    Donna Richter Oct 24, 2009

I didn't order anything online, is there anyone out there on AOL and has not ordered anything online but have this charge out of their account? This is the only thing I can remember is that AOL offered paying members a special deal through other companies discounts, I went in and checked into it but I didn't put my credit card info any where but the card I have the charge on is the card AOL takes there monthly fee from. This is not right and I will be checking into this. Let me know if anyone else may be with AOL and if this is possible in your case. Please email me at [email protected], I am taking this a little higher than just with my bank.

Connie C Oct 25, 2009

I am the latest victim. I saw a charged made to my credit card on 10/13/2009 for $19.95, at first i thought it was from another new website that i had purchased shoes from. but after reading here, I think it's because of restaurant.com. I tried calling the company today, but since it's sunday they are close. I will try again on Monday. I have already notified my credit card company to dispute this, but clearly i need to do more, since I don't want to continue be charged by them monthly, so I will try to call shopessplus tomorrow, and if that fails, i will just report my credit card stolen and get a new number! more hassle, but peace of mind. i guess i need to be more selective with whom i shop with in the future!

• Mi
    Michelle M Tucker Oct 29, 2009

I too just realized that my card had been charged $14.95 for the past four months. I use this as a business account and thought it was a purchase the first few times. I called the [protected] and pushed # several times. Shirley cancelled by membership and then transferred me to a manager who said all charges would be refunded within 5 days. Charges were from VISTAPRINT.com. I order business cards through them but never signed up for a membership. What a rip off, never ordering through them again! BEWARE of fraud charges from MVQ*VPCLUBUS.

• In
    IndyDave9 Nov 03, 2009

I had the same problem and was given the same excuse of clicking on a banner. I don't recall doing that since I usually just delete VistaPrints emails as they come in. Since so many have had this problem I wonder if this is a scheme to gain access to funds that can then be used for short term investments or cash flow. A company with a big enough customer data base could charge a percentage of their customers for these services without their knowledge and the customers may not pick up on it for several months. In my case it was two months and I am pretty diligent at watching my statements. With me they signed me up for two services (VPCLUBUS and SHOPESSPLUS) at $14.95 each. So they had use of my money for at least two months maybe three. If they did this to say 1000 customers they would have use of 2 x $14.95 x 1000 or $29, 900 for two months. What if they did it for 10, 000 customers that would be a pretty big chunk of change. If you design a computer program to work through a large customer data base and do a certain number of customers each month it would give you quite a bit of cash flow. All you would have to do is hire a couple of apologetic customer service reps to apologize to everyone who calls in to complain and then they remove the charge which satisfies the customer but they still had use of your money for the period from the day they charge you to the day they refund you. Maybe a complaint to a state's attorney general would prompt an investigation.

• Re
    Retired Robert Nov 08, 2009

Well, folks - these (insert your favorite most derogatory term) had me for 14 months - 9 at $19.95/month and 5 at $22.95/month for a total of $294.30. I had not initiated the contact with these (see above) and, over a number of months, asked my wife if she had initiated the charges. She said that they were probably associated with her cell phone account. So - seeking to see WTH the charges were for, I called the phone number on the credit card bill and, sparring with the person who answered my call, was connected with a supervisor who told me that I (yes, me, myself) had initiated the 'contract'. My reply was that I did not recall signing any contract (to save 'up to' 20% on purchases made from their member companies) and asked how they came to have my credit card number. Their reply was that in mid-2008, I had purchased some non-Rx drugs from a company called VITACOST for my aging and ailing dog and that 'piggy-backed' on that purchase was a 30-day free trial with their company. I said that I was (and its true) a retired attorney with the State of XX and that their charges against my credit card were certainly improper and possibly illegal without my signed assent to the charges that had been made over the last 14 months. Imagine my surprise when the supervisor said that she would insure that all 14 charges would be refunded to my credit card account and within two business days.
    On 11/6/2009, I accessed my CC account and low and behold - a total of $294.30 credited to my account by Shopping Essentials Plus.
    What did I learn? I'll certainly: #1 - pay very close attention to any 'free trials' associated with any online site that I purchase a product from, #2 - pay very close attention to any reoccurring charges in the future and, of course, and probably needless to say, #3 - I'll NEVER have anything further to do with VITACOST.
    Robert

Colleenb Nov 13, 2009

You are getting these charges from making purchases from restaurant.com. That is where I got the charge for $19.95 for Shopping Essentials Plus. It's a huge scam. Just tell everyone you know. I will fight this tooth and nail to get it removed from my credit card.

• Ne
    newbeestl Nov 13, 2009

I also just found out I was getting scammed by MVQ*SHOPESSPLUS. I tried calling once and their computer system was down. They told me to call back in 2 hours. I have no doubt that I will be getting all of my money back and then I'm going to report them to the BBB. I somehow got this scam from restaurant.com, I will never do business with them again and I'm going to call them and let them know.

antjody Nov 13, 2009

Vista Print has done this to me too! They signed me up to three different memberships I didnt notice for months. Now I have like 10 over draft fees of $35 each supper scam. Im going to sue Vista Print!

• Js
    Jstas Nov 16, 2009

COMPLETE SCAM and they know it.
    I called the [protected] and they issued me a refund of THIS month's charges and a cancellation.
    They werent going to refund me my previous months, so they put me thru to the girl's supervisor who told me the same thing as the rep. All you have to do is get angry and they back down apparently.

Once i said unauthorized charges and my name and email address (since i obviously wasnt even aware that i HAD an account number) they were able to process this...

LESSON. LEARNED.

keep your cards safe and dont use them online unless you trust the site.

• Fi
    Firedanse57 Nov 20, 2009

I saw the charge pending on my account. I called the bank and they told me what to do via their system, which included filing a fraud complaint.

I am a Bank of America customer and have not been a fan of theirs until now. They are hiring sharp, friendly customer service people that have been very helpful when I've been up against the wall.

I told my friends about the issue and my children as they are not as good about checking bank statements.

• Em
    embarrassed2008 Nov 23, 2009

Am I the winner (or maybe it's the loser)? I'm embaressed to say its been 25 months. (12 moonths at $14.95, 12 months at $17.95 and 1 month at $20.95) $415.75 total. It was such a regular charge on the bill we just ignored it. (On my old statments they were billing as "AP9*SHOPPINGESSENTIAL")

I called [protected]. First they said they would cancel it and not charge any more. I explained that I never agreed to anything and never signed up for this site and wanted a full refund so she offered to refund the last month. I said I wanted it all refunded and she transferd me to a supervisior who offered to refund 3 months. Again I told her I wanted it all refunded and after about 10 minutes of her offering 1 more month and asking "is there anything else I can do for you" and me responding "yes, refund the other months" she eventually agreed to refund all 25 months.

She didnt resist much. At one point I asked her to show me something I signed or agreed to that said they could charge me. Her comment was that they dont have anythign because it was on the internet. If they cant show proof of your acceptance then I dont think they can legally charge you...

Anyway I'll believe it when I see the credit on my statment, but I took notes of the conversation (time and date) and got the names and agent numbers of the women I spoke to so I can go back to them if I need to.

• Li
    LisaTh Nov 23, 2009

Well, restaurant.com seems to be the culprit, here, too. 3 months @ 11.95 a month. Crazy, rude operator at the MVQ*Shopessplus who actually was yelling at me and eventually hung up on me! I was on the phone with my credit card company at the same time, so they were able to insure that I won't be charged again, but no refund and certainly no apology. Isn't this a shame?

• Tr
    Treetopz Nov 25, 2009

Never buy anything from Vista print. You magically get signed up in a rewards program which comes with a $14.95 fee...some reward right? Call [protected] and they will cancel and refund without a hassle. I will not be ordering from them again.

• We
    wenreyns Nov 30, 2009

Well, another complaint for the same MVQ*Shopessplus...was doing my regular check on the online banking and caught the charge of $19.95 fee (The fee is going up I presume with all the cancellations they are issuing). Asked the wife about it and she had not charged anything. The charge was issued on Thanksgiving Day (When the banks are closed). Sneeky, sneeky...Don't know where it came from, nor did we ever sign up for the Membership. Called the [protected] number and spoke to a Vista Print representative. Promptly told them that it was never agreed upon, and they stated the would cancel with a refund. A refund for something you never purchased. Sounds fraudulent to me.

ColaSC Dec 01, 2009

I'll join the list of those scammed through the Restaurant.com website - I just noticed the $14.95 charge on my credit card and realized I've been charged for 3 months. I called MVQ Shopping Essentials at [protected] and was offered a refund of 1 month. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was connected with "Stacy" who agreed to refund 2 months of charges. I told Stacy to go ahead and refund the full 3 months since this program appeared to be a scam from what I had read on the Complaints Board web site. Her response "go ahead - add your complaint everyone has an opinion and we are a legitimate company". I'm going to follow-up immediately with my credit card company and dispute all 3 months of charges - mainly I'm just worried about Stacy and this legitimate company having my creidt card #.

• Hg
    hgcv Dec 09, 2009

I had the same problem. I was charged $19.95 on my statement and called the [protected] number. It asked for my phone number, credit card or member number. I kept pressing pound until it transferred me to a live agent who said I "approved" the service when visiting Chadwicks website. I told her I never approved it. She said she would cancel it and process a refund and gave me her name and operator id#.

• J7
    j725t Dec 09, 2009

i noticed i had less than i should in my account so i looked at the purchase history and there was charges from MVQ*VPCLUBUS at first i thought it was amazon but then i saw my amazon purchase history so i copied the charge name searched it and this is the first result i found i cant beleive theyve been charging me 14.95 for 3 months twice each month the other from MVQ*SHOPESSPLUS i will never purchase from vista print again thanks to everyone who posted useful information on this page