Music CrawlerThey steal money from your credit card

P

On Friday, March 11, 2011, I visited a website, Music Crawler, to download music for a new country cd I was burning. At sign-up, I selected trial offer for 4.95 and proceeded to agree to ALL of the online terms. Not in my wildest dreams would I have selected this service if I had known that in the back of that contract was a tiny clause that indicates if your service isn't "cancelled" in three days, you'll be charged $69.95 for "lifetime" membership! OMG! Give me a break! They do not have a wide selection of music from which to choose, and in some cases, don't even carry artists I like and listen to! I asked for a refund several times and to no avail! I'm being told that I agreed to the additional expense during sign-on. This is nothing less than theft! When they get your CC information they immediately get authorization for the whole amount so that the transaction goes unnoticed. Consider this a warning.. Buyer BEWARE!

• Di
    dima_dima Feb 15, 2013

I payed that 60 euros or dollars too. As you all I did not canceled on time (my faux) . But 1st: I am responsible by my self if I am "Agree" with terms. and 2nd: I am very happy about the buying that software because it saved me lot of Time for search and download MP3. So I think that all the people who do not want to pay JUST 60 euros for such a good service are avaricious and selfish.

Andre Michael Keulemans Jan 16, 2012

Andre Michael Keulemans
    Complaint is the same as everyone else. They must just remember that what comes around goes around. Music Crawler will be so sorry one day. GOD really exists and if they don't repent, they will be cursed.
    From South Africa.

• El
    Elli @2250 Dec 30, 2011

I would NEVER EVER deal with them again after atrocious business conduct and basically stealing $ from my credit card. They are rude/arrogant and unscrupulous. I don't know how they continue to get away with what they continue to do to unsuspecting customers.

• El
    Elli @2250 Dec 30, 2011

I too found the tool not to work. I was able to successfully download 3 songs on the first day and one of which was a random one - I entered a song by Christina Perry and it downloaded this odd one by Christina Aguila. Anyway I wasn't able to download after that and then I came across all the warnings posted on various sites so I quickly cancelled my trial. upon requesting that the site reimburse me for the songs I was unable to download due to "crappy" tool, they then had the audacity/nerve to charge me for another trial period which I was not aware of - unaware of the charge and of the opportunity (if it existed) to then download the next 3 days. The responses from them were quick which was good but they were rude/arrogant and really did not want to understand what I was trying to tell them. I demanded they reverse the 2nd charge to which they conveniently ignored or arrogantly disregarded - this was INFURIATING. This did happen a few months ago and for $10 all up I wasn't going to pursue it but it is so WRONG that they continue to get away with unscrupulous behaviour and charging unsuspecting people. I would NEVER deal with them again and will STRONGLY URGE others not to either.

• Sc
    SC-tanja Dec 06, 2011

FYI
    Music Crawler — Refunds and Terms
    Music Crawler — They steal money from your credit card

• Sc
    SC-tanja Dec 06, 2011

Music Crawler — Refunds and Terms

After seeing your letters, I cooperated with my bank immediately & also write the letter to both Media-Crawler & PLIMUS for this misappropriation. (very strange: mine was US79.95 not US69.95 as declared from their regulation, but the 3-day trial fee is US1.99)

Media-Crawler's Cancellation and refunds regulation:
    If you decide you do not need this service during your 3-day trial period, contact our support staff within the time limit of your trial and you will not be charged for any further account extension. If you do not cancel during your 3-day period, your account will automatically extend to LifeTime Membership and you will be charged for $69.95. Within 27 days of an account extension beyond your trial period, you may request a full refund of the $69.95 charge. Transactions beyond 27 days of an account extension beyond your trial period are considered a final sale and non-refundable.

But please remember that never trust Media-Crawler's on-line form, as it's just like a trick, it never sent you back any copy for your record, which will deny by them for any letter even you sent within 3 days of trial. it's my experience. YOU SHOULD USE "[email protected]" as it's kind of record, and then also write the letter to that on-line payment center "PLIMUS" for this refund. Besides, if you located in UK, then contact to your local HOME OFFICE for this, or your local police office for this oversea deception.
    I just simply thought the JUSTICE should be upheld. and hope you all can take back any misappropriated money.

Good Luck to all those who ever read the letter.

• Ka
    Kasista Sep 14, 2011

I have just been scammed on this . I shall follow your advice and hope to get my refund.

• Il
    Iliff Aug 30, 2011

No need to give further explanation. It's the same story with all the previous complaints on this business that seems to set up just to cheat the customers. The only question I have is why the country like America allows this unethical business go on?

• C
    )c : Aug 07, 2011

I guess I was stupid and have to be more careful with stuff like this now on... I got a question though. Is $69.95 for a lifetime? and I don't have to be charged ever again? I know they're saying it is for lifetime membership service but I just worry that they might charge me another $69.95 automatically whenever with whatever reason since they have my info. I hope I don't have to pay any more than this first $69.95... This really sucks. Any answers or ideas?

• To
    todd1974 Jul 20, 2011

I was hit by them and they are now not responding to me, I have in turn set a website up called music-crawler-news.com where I am telling my full story as it happens and hopefully help stop this unscrupulous business behavior. This is not a membership cost by the way it is a purchase of software so there is no lifetime membership to any site...I wander if that's where the fraud comes in to it...
    I am a single dad of 2 under 2 and was happy to pay the $4.95 for three days. Believing I was purchasing a trial membership I accepted without reading the same old membership terms and service such as the site holds no responsibility for the accuracy of the posts. etc. Clicked I agree and then got slugged. Teaches you a lesson to read and research as this site is ranked 1 and it's the complaints about the site...

BRASIL Jul 14, 2011

I've just been refunded by them the total amount. So good luck to you all.

BRASIL Jul 14, 2011

Hey everybody, I've just been refunded by them. I had complained and they just heard me. Good luck to you all.

BRASIL Jul 13, 2011

I'm from Brazil and was also coght in this trap. They are really good thiefs since I have not even seen any of the small letters you have mentioned. Only after receiving the e-mail saying I was charged for the extra full time version of the program I entered the site again and saw that the comments about extended period and so forth. I've immediately called my credit card company and told them to hold the charges. Lets see what happens. I'll let you know. Thank you all for the allerts.
    EVERYBODY - DO NOT JOIN MUSID CRAWLER!!!

angry vs frauds Jun 12, 2011

I too accepted a three days membership, was in a hurry (needed a piece of bagpipe music for a party) and did not read all the terms and conditions. I got 60, 21 euros charged on my CC (I'm from Italy). Is it possible that such fraud goes unpunished and unrefunded?

mujihadave May 11, 2011

In response to the completely out of line posting of "The LoveFist II, " this company is completely an internet scam. A "scam" is a "fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit." It is clear that this website is meant to deceive its potential clients by offering a 3 day trial for $4.95 which buried below in the terms and conditions states that it automatically rolls over into a $69.95 lifetime membership. This is clearly a dubious business practice at best. I have never heard of such a practice. An automatic rollover to a non-refundable lifetime membership? Are you kidding me? If you read the posts above, it's apparent that even if you had read the terms and conditions and had terminated the 3 day trial within the appropriate time frame, Music Crawler still debited the lifetime membership from the unsuspecting customers. If this was an honest business, there would not be all of these instances of fraudulent charges or the existence of a non-refundable lifetime membership that is the result of a three day "trial" offer. So, I believe it is you sir who can [email protected]#! off.

AnnMaiden May 11, 2011

I too have fallen .for this scam.On May 2nd I found the site due to a b-day song I wanted to get for my daughter. It was 4.95 to sign for trial period and then all of a sudden I was overdrawn on my account! Still trying to resolve this. Any suggestions?

mujihadave May 06, 2011

How about this? It's a fraudulent company. End of story.

melaniej May 06, 2011

I think it is made quite clear that it needs to be cancelled within 3 days, but what is not clear is how to cancel it. It needs to be in writing, whereas on the screen it makes it look like you just press the Cancel Trial button and it is done. And also it automatically rolls over into the $69.95 membership fee there is no notification of the cancellation.
    So I don't think it is a case of not reading things first, it's more that it isn't really clear on how to proceed and it's all a bit hidden about the 'life membership' bit.

melaniej May 05, 2011

Further to my post 6 days ago, I have had success. After filling out the on line dispute resolution through Plimus I have received a full refund and it has already been credited to my card. Had to give good reason in writing (via the email system) and now it has happened. A sigh of relief. So don't despair - follow the website prompts (found on the original invoice) and see what happens. I am just glad it is all sorted. All quite straight forward really - they were extremely prompt with replies as well. Good luck all - valuable lesson learnt! Just goes to show that even if you read the small print and think you are doing all the right things, there are traps!

mujihadave Apr 29, 2011

I have posted earlier, and I wanted to give hope to you guys who have not received a refund. I would encourage you to keep fighting until you get every cent back. I used a credit card, so the second I learned that they had charged me for a lifetime subscription of $69.95, I immediately contested it with my credit card company. My credit card company disputed it, and I was eventually refunded almost two weeks later. I got horrendous customer service from Music Crawler, so I just let my credit card company deal with them. Best of luck to all of you and BUYER BEWARE!!! Do not give this fraudulent joke of a company a single penny.

melaniej Apr 29, 2011

I am the same. I cancelled about 3 hours after the signing up for the 3 day trial, and still got charged for the lifetime subscription. I am in Australia so I am hoping that I can get my refund. This is not a case of not reading the small print - I knew I had 3 days, but I cancelled within 3 HOURS and still got charged. What a rip off of a company. Their site sucks anyway and it is hard to get anything you want. When they sent the confirming email regarding cancellation, they said it was for th FULL VERSION and not the trial. They never confirmed the email for the cancellation of the trial. Seems like a very fraudulent company to me. Warning to others - don't even sign up for the trial as it seems they will still charge you.

• Ta
    talans Apr 19, 2011

I've got one better. I signed up for the trial, canceled the SAME DAY, and they still charged my credit card 3 days later. Be sure to get good documentation when you cancel for use with your bank in disputing the charge.

MRick Apr 08, 2011

Following up on my earlier comment, I eventually was refunded $40 out of my $69.95 charge. They said there was a $29.95 processing fee, can you believe it, of which there was no mention anywhere in their terms of service! Even the $40 refund needed chasing up (apparently I hadn't confirmed my request?!? I thought my request was obvious enough). I threatened to report them and let as many people know about their sham if I wasn't refunded. At least I got some money back, but as others have said, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES OF MUSIC CRAWLER!!!

mujihadave Apr 06, 2011

Hahaha... Absolutely classic. I believe that's a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black. You have about as much command of the English language as does a babbling toddler, sir. I find it rather audacious that you should lecture other people about reading when you couldn't pass a third grade grammar test. $50 says that you are the same illiterate foreigner whom I corresponded with on Music Crawler's "customer service." Bottom line is that the company is a fraud. No reputable business would ever advertise a "3 day trial membership" that automatically rolls over into a non-refundable lifetime membership. It absolutely makes no sense. The only valid point that you make is that we all should have thoroughly read the terms of service agreement; however, if you know anything about the law or common business practices, there is a "buyer's remorse" clause that gives consumers the right t0 resend their business within 24-72 hours depending on the state in question. You, sir, are the loser (that's spelled with one "o, " not "loose" as in "loosening" a knot. That spelling critique is on the house, but I recommend you hit the books and look for the closest ESL program in your neighborhood. Speaking of which, where the hell do you live?). Anyone who reads this, if you take anything away from this exchange, Music Crawler is a fraud and a sham. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT USE MUSIC CRAWLER. IT'S NUGATORY!!!

John D. Jr. Apr 06, 2011

Hey guys. Seems like you all are loosers?
    If you don't reading terms of service you agreeing when signing to service - why do you kneeling now?
    You should come to school first to teach reading.

• Ta
    tanktank1269 Apr 04, 2011

music crawler is the worst they steal your money then u cant talk to no one then theres no music guys get your music from you tube with a converter an a real player ### music crawler they need 69.99 so be it . Bottom line they are a scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam DO NOT USE

MrBojesen Apr 04, 2011

Same thing happend to me today, I'll have the bank reject the transaction

My advice: DON'T USE Music Crawler

• Mi
    miguelitooooo Mar 31, 2011

Thanks for letting me know team.. I signed up yesterday for the same deal and will cancel today.. Its a ### sit anyway..

mujihadave Mar 27, 2011

The very same thing happened to me as of March 26th, 2011. I signed up for a 3 day trial for $4.95 to get one mp3 audio file for a wedding website. I downloaded two versions of the same song, and I never used the site again. I got an email in my inbox a little over 3 days later saying that my credit card had been charged $69.95 for a non-refundable lifetime membership. I did not knowingly authorize this charge, nor do I want this service. I am working closely with my credit card company to stop payment and make sure that this sham of a company does not get one more penny from me. If you are reading this and considering a trial period with Music Crawler, DON'T DO IT!!!

MRick Mar 21, 2011

Unfortunately I have just discovered that my account has been deducted the $69.95 after the 3 day trial for Music Crawler. I have made my first request for a refund, as they state in their terms of service that a full refund will be given within 27 days of the account extension beyond the trial period. Very annoying - I should have been more careful!! I guess I will wait and see what happens next ...