MultiChoice Africa / DSTVbilling

This month a debit order went of my account or R1 053, despite being on Price Lock of R959 and not having rented any movies or using any additional services. When contacting your call Centre, the agent stated the billing system had changed and a certain sum is now charged in advance. This has taken place without notifying me.

Quite frankly I view this as theft, as I have signed a contract for R959 per month, and nothing further was billed for. Terms and conditions of a contract cannot change during the term of the contract, certainly not without notifying the client or getting approval for the extra sum bring debited.

I now understand why so many people have canceled their contracts with a company who has so little integrity. This practice is completely unacceptable.

• Updated by Natasha Truscott, Sep 30, 2019