MTC/ Midwestern training center, trucking schoolripped off

I had my cdl out of texas from stevens transport academy. I live in naples, fl no major trucking companies don't want to hire truckers out of naples, miami, ft myers, florida. I have mtc to put to work with any company, they make sign a contract with werner enterprises, inc. I was with a trainer he slept at wheel the truck rollover while I was in the sleeper, I was injured werner enterprises was trying to force me to go back to work while I was still in pain, cause I didn't want to, they fired me, MTC filed a law suit against me to pay them. Now, I have to go to court on the 16th of november 2009. I need help please.

• As
    a_simple_man Oct 09, 2009

Just sue werner for for getting injured in there company truck and for firing u while u was injured ... get a laywer he should know what to do

• Ro
    Robomoto61 Oct 10, 2009

I attended MTC at a location in jeffersonville In on 8-06-01 I was promised work upon graduation with 1 of 3 companies after graduation i was informed of a slow down in the need for drivers and told it would be 2 or 3 months b-4 work was available they informed me I had would b required to sign a new contract requiring payment or I would not be given the documents needed to obtain my cdl. Since I found a job on my own b4 leaving the school i signed the contract set for 3, 298 dollars at six years and an interest rate of 18% when I missed a payment they sued me for 6800 plus 3298 for a total of 10098 they won a judgement againts me for 15968. I made the mistake of not getting a lawyer because i could not afford one i will file bankruptcy b-4 i pay them they did not find me work as promised and jacked up the price after i got there Good luck and get a lawyer and sue everyone the school werner the driver everyone

• La
    lanceman Dec 26, 2009

In June 2007 i was also ripped off by MTC in Hazelwood MO, i couldn't pass the physical because of my eye glasses i needed new glasses and couldn't pass the physical and MTC is trying to sue when i went their for five days while i was told to wait to see if they could help me get glasses and then they told that i should find a way to get glasses. I didn't stay around after i found out i couldn't pass the physical and now they want to sue and they will not win they are thieves TOTAL RIP OFFS STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! Why should i have to pay the full amount for little to no training i couldn't do anything without passing a physical I received no permit or license.

• Mt
    MTC.no.moralethics! Mar 05, 2010

MTC, I canceled my course within the 3 days, yet this school kept my TUITION. U make the choice!!
    MTC = Stealing from students is acceptable.

• Ta
    taboo63 Sep 08, 2011

Stay away from MTC, Hazelwood MO unless you do NOT mind to get hurt

• Na
    Nanyoulead2victory Aug 10, 2012

I was considering going to this school and my class was starting on the 27th of this month. I understand that everyone won't have the same experience, but after reading this I will do myself a favor and avoid it all.

• By
    Byron Mcfarlane Aug 30, 2015

a rip off I went there with my cdl I sat in a class for a week doing nothing second week road and yard 5 people in one truck because I could shift gears the instructor always tell to let him work wit the ones that cant I paid 6000 for nothing taking them to court I my lose but what the hell