MPINGITerrible experience

R

I have had a terrible experience with the MPINGI customer care ('care' is not the word they should be using). When I ordered for their phone service, I received the unit after a month. While placing an order, I was told that there will be a risk free 30 day trial period and if I return t6he service till then, I wont be charged anything. Also, my 30 day trial period was to start on the day I start using it.
Their unit was shipped on 18 July but because I am in a traveling job, I could not receive it until 21st July. I got a call from them on 24th July to check why I was still not using the service and this time I was told that my 30 day time will start on 18th July. The attitude was too bad so I just decided to cancel the service.
I called on 30th July to cancel the service without using even a single minute. In span of 7 days I have been approached 3 times to answer the same questions - "Reason for cancel". Then everytime they call, they come up with a different story - sometimes they say cancellation will take 3 weeks to process, sometimes they say I will have to bear for the charges to return their service and what not.
I have tried to reach those folks many times but no luck!
I am ready to ship back their unit with my own expense and just end all kinds of interactions with them!

People...beware...stay away from MPINGI

Ankit Apr 13, 2009

The best way is if you cancel you're credit card that you put in the account just cancle that i had terrible experience and i just called them to cancel they did n't respond me nicely then i called the bank to cancle my debit card and some reason i have pulled back from this MPINGI (whic h is not deserve to serve the service in North America ) past two months bill they pulled tweice $55x2= $110 i thought lets teach them how to serve the service and my bank got back all past two months charges ... i was happy with my bank but not this idiot company .

Shyam Nov 28, 2008

I have filed a complaint on MPINGI with www.bbbsilicon.org.
    I have also filed an incident with Federal Trade Commision.

Who ever has a complaint, just go and complain.

shyam S Nov 28, 2008

Please file a complaint with BBB. I have already filed a case with BBBSilicon.org

Muthuraman Nov 25, 2008

Can someone give me the address where we need to send their instrument?
    I have been trying to get this address for last 2 months. Mpingi customer service is not reachable.
    I really wanted to cancel their service at the earliest.

Rajesh Nov 20, 2008

one of most worst serice i ever had in my life.I have been trying them to contact to cancel my service.no response i thought that this company does not exist anymore.i have contacted my credit card company to cancel my card ultimately and also to watch my identity theft.I think this is scam.

• Sr
    sri Nov 17, 2008

Hi Guys, Here is an example to say that the MPINGI, a telcom provider is cheating people...since they do not have answers to my questions, they stopped answering...regarding my problem everybody is saying different different stories, but not giving solution to my problem...

guys stay away from MPINGI...its fraud...cheating people

Welcome to MPINGI Chat, sri
    You are in queue. Please Wait for Agent Connection.
    Your maximum waiting time is 3 minutes [protected]:45:00 pm)
    You are Connected to Agent Sumaya [protected]:45:20 pm)
    Sumaya :: Thank you for contacting MPINGI Chat Support, this is Sumaya. How may I help you? [protected]:45:20 pm)
    Sumaya :: HI. [protected]:45:32 pm)
    Sumaya :: May I have your First and Last name on the account ? [protected]:45:56 pm)
    sri :: konakanchi [protected]:46:09 pm)
    Sumaya :: Could you please provide me your email id on the account for account verification [protected]:46:29 pm)
    sri :: [email protected] [protected]:46:39 pm)
    Sumaya :: Thank you for providing me the details. Kindly give me 2 minutes of your time while I retrieve your account information. [protected]:46:45 pm)
    Sumaya :: How may I assist you today? [protected]:47:25 pm)
    sri :: i have requested to cancel my account... [protected]:47:39 pm)
    sri :: but some amount was deducted from my account [protected]:47:50 pm)
    sri :: when it will be credited back [protected]:48:00 pm)
    Sumaya :: May I know when you have requested to cancel the service . [protected]:48:07 pm)
    sri :: not sure the date...but 4 to 5 days back [protected]:48:26 pm)
    Sumaya :: Just give me a moment I will check with that. [protected]:49:10 pm)
    Sumaya :: I have checked the records and I found that your Risk free trial period ends on 09/11/08 so you requested for cancellation on 10/11/08 and the Risk free trail period ended on 09/11/08 you will be charged. [protected]:52:49 pm)
    Sumaya :: Because you have cancelled after 30 days or 250 mins whichever comes first. [protected]:53:21 pm)
    sri :: but i dont know that I am in a trail period [protected]:54:02 pm)
    sri :: at the time of registration, someone said i will receive a devise [protected]:54:30 pm)
    sri :: but I have not received anything [protected]:54:36 pm)
    sri :: its almost 4 months back i registered... [protected]:54:50 pm)
    sri :: i forgot after that [protected]:54:55 pm)
    sri :: suddenly i saw that money deducted [protected]:55:07 pm)
    Sumaya :: Once the device is delivered to you the account gets activated and your Risk free trial period starts. [protected]:55:46 pm)
    sri :: may be..but devise was not delivered to me [protected]:56:04 pm)
    sri :: i did not receive anything from u [protected]:56:12 pm)
    sri :: in these 4 months [protected]:56:23 pm)
    sri :: i mean since the registration [protected]:56:32 pm)
    Sumaya :: The device was delivered on 11th OCTOBER. [protected]:58:03 pm)
    sri :: i did not receive [protected]:58:13 pm)
    Sumaya :: I will provide the trracking number which the device was shipped you can check from USPS. [protected]:59:05 pm)
    Sumaya :: [protected] 77. [protected]:59:15 pm)
    sri :: r u sure that the devise is delivered to me??? [protected]:59:33 pm)
    Sumaya :: If the device is delivered to you it will be automatically updated in our records . [protected]:00:04 pm)
    sri :: no..i did confirmed from one of your call center executive [protected]:00:26 pm)
    sri :: she said it came back to mpingi [protected]:00:34 pm)
    sri :: two different stories??/ [protected]:00:45 pm)
    sri :: can u provide any proof that i received [protected]:01:16 pm)
    sri :: i must sign right..if i receive [protected]:01:22 pm)
    sri :: can u provide an image copy of that [protected]:01:31 pm)
    Sumaya :: Yes the device is returned since you have the service is cancelled . [protected]:01:56 pm)
    sri :: just now u said, the devise is delivered to me [protected]:02:11 pm)
    Sumaya :: But as you told me that we have not delivered the device to you so that is the reason . [protected]:02:39 pm)
    sri :: yes...its not been delivered to me [protected]:02:56 pm)
    sri :: i dont know whether it is postel service problem or your problem [protected]:03:40 pm)
    sri :: i have not received [protected]:03:46 pm)
    Sumaya :: But since the account is activated and the and you requested for cancellation after the Risk free trial period you will be charged for the Activation and Shipment charge. [protected]:04:39 pm)
    sri :: if the devise is not delivered to me...means i was not in a trail period...right [protected]:05:10 pm)
    sri :: how can account gets activated? [protected]:05:17 pm)
    Sumaya :: Kindly give a moment I will check with that. [protected]:07:16 pm)
    Sri :: r u there [protected]:13:21 pm)

Thats it...they stopped talking to me... I waited more than 10 mins..no response...

these people are cheating everybody...

joysleen Nov 16, 2008

mpingi is the worst company i ve ever seen
    they are just big liers.
    they just make false commitments.
    i request u all to do something about this .
    how can they teach all of us.
    when i signed up they said unlimited calling to one no india either through access code or our device.
    i have wireless internet so i just chose to use the access code.
    the plan was something freedom plan of 34.95$ per month.
    and three four times they charged like 89$ from my account.
    when i asked them they said its for the device
    the device is very expensive so we charge in installments.
    they they just stopped the service for like 15 days
    i tried to reach customer care and their stupid agents are like how old are u? can i have ur cell phone no?
    and all this stuff
    and now they've made my bill to 171$+tax.
    they say we have changed the plan.
    now if u call from access code u ll be charged 7.9cents/min
    they said we sent u a mail
    but i didn't receive any e-mail from them
    they are too much...
    come on guys
    come forward and let all of us take step against them
    MPINGI IS THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD...

joysleen Nov 16, 2008

mpingi is the worst company i ve ever seen
    they are just big liers.
    they just make false commitments.
    i request u all to do something about this .
    how can they teach all of us.
    i have wireless internet so i just chose to use the access code.
    the plan was something freedom plan of 34.95$ per month.
    and three four times they charged like 89$ from my account.
    when i asked them they said its for the device
    the device is very expensive so we charge in installments.
    they they just stopped the service for like 15 days
    and all this stuff
    and now they've made my bill to 171$+tax.
    they say we have changed the plan.
    now if u call from access code u ll be charged 7.9cents/min
    they said we sent u a mail
    but i didn't receive any e-mail from them
    they are too much...
    come on guys
    come forward and let all of us take step against them
    MPINGI IS THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD...

• Yu
    Yugandhar Nov 12, 2008

The worst and most ridiculous experiance ever.

A person first called in June 2008 and explained me that they would offer to call unlimited within US and unlimited to one phone number in India for $34.95 a month and to start off they are giving 1 month of free trial period to check out their services. I was told that they would send me a VOIP telephony equipment, which I could hook up to internet to make calls, as well as a toll-free access number which I can use to make international calls. This marketing guy sounded very desperate and would literally beg for my credit card details so that he can place my order for the free months trial.

I talk a lot with my girlfriend in India, and have been looking at ways to reduce my international call bills and decided to give it a try for the 1st month as it was supposed to be Risk Free, never did I realize it actually meant Free Risk.

After hesistantly giving him my credit card details, and filling up online forms, I did not hear back from them for 3 weeks after which, I myself emailed them regarding the status of my order, after which they informed that they are out of the VOIP equipment but offered the service as a calling card with unlimited calls to the number in India I requested for. I fell for giving it a try after which they emailed me an access number and an access code, that would'nt work most of the times. Their customer service would never respond. After a few trials, I gave up and requested them (by email) to cancel the service, almost within 2 weeks of actually starting the service, to which there was no response. Again after a week or two I sent another email requesting to cancel the service, to which I received a call back in middle of the night trying to convince me to continue with service. It took me 6 requests and one solid lashback to firmly tell them to cancel the service, to get my request acknowledged.

However, I was shocked to see a prompt charge made for $37 after the hypothetical date when the service would complete its 1st month. When called the customer service for umpteenth time, a rep recieved the call and told me that she cant find my cancellation request in her database and asked me to send those again after which she changed the track and told me that the trial offer was limited to 1st 250 mins and her call record states I used the service for 270+ minutes, surely no way would I have made used that many minutes considering the fact that less than 1 out of 10 times the call ever got connected. I was sure they billed even my trial to get connected (which usually would stay blank). However, the rep told me that they would consider reverting back those minutes if I continued my services with them, but would not refund me if I opted to cancel the service. The most ridiculous way of keeping the customers, and yes by the way, just before I send in my 2nd cancellation request I recieved an email telling their service had been down for some days (during the time I actually used the service - wonder how those 270 mins got in their inspite of their service being down).

The rep then simply hung up and I could never could get to any other rep since then. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company against this charge.

The worst came next when they charge me another $60 2-3 weeks after their 1st charge, and sent me a copy of the statement which included $37 charge for the service that they already charged and a pro-rated charge for duration after completion of the 1st month to the day they sent me the statement. Any number of calls, and no response. I even sent them email not authorizing them to charge my card, but no response.

Had to file yet another dispute with the credit card company. I wish I knew how to book a legal case against this fraudulent company.

• Ga
    Gagan Nov 07, 2008

hey guys
    can anyone tell about some other good voip service provider other than Mpingi, that allows you to make unlimited call to india.
    Plz do let me know at [email protected]
    thanks

• Ku
    kumar Nov 06, 2008

Hi all,

I can suggest you all people how to play safe with this fraud company. Create a virtual card number with validity of 2 months and the limit close to ur monthly rental. So, once they charge the actual amount for the present month, the card becomes invalid the next month. So, if they are going to charge u more than the actual amount, they cannot.
    I had the same problem. I was pissed off with these guys when they disagreed to cancel my account. So, I cancelled my card. They charged me $180 the following month but were unable to charge my card as it was cancelled. Then they contacted me and I settled the bill for $50 and uploaded the virtual card number and they charged accordingly.
    I hope this made sense and contact me if u have any question.

• Ku
    kumar Nov 06, 2008

Hi Sudhakar,

They never agree with a cancellation. So, just call ur credit card company, tell them u lost ur card and get a new card with a new number. I did the same thing. They can do nothing and asked them to cancel then. It may work.

Anvesh Nov 05, 2008

Hi Friends,

I want to sue these guys, please help me what to do, we shouldn't encourage these type of stupid.
    Anvesh

Muthuraman Nov 04, 2008

No 1 WORST company in this world should be 'MPINGI' for ever...

Better they can close their business and go home... They were charging me $ 42 every month till septemeber 2008. And for october they have deducted $112 from my card...
    Customer service number is also not reachable.Don't know how to get back my amount !!!

• Re
    redstone Nov 03, 2008

Please all of the Mpingi customers do post your dissatisfied chat here. so then.. the paople will be aware of it..

Even after i did the powercycle., still it is not working.They didn't call me also.. when i tried for a phone support ring is not picked up.

• Re
    redstone Nov 03, 2008

They are the Big frauds.

Here is the chat with the mpingi support team today. I couldn't get them online chat when i used my original id. So i used to try login with diffierent id ., they came immediately online.

Here., look at the response from them. I couldn't make free home country call. so I want to ask the reason why it is not working. even half an hour chatting she didn't tell anything about that.but repeatedly saying to do Powercycle.

Ok. Freedom plan is not working. Today is Nov-3Rd. I want to change my plan to Economy plan which will be $15.65 per month. When i asked her if i change my plan how it'll be the billing cycle?

She told me "you are bound to pay the bill for existing plan and the new plan will be take effect from next month".

When I asked her how come i change my account details through web she simply told me to try after an hour. SHe couldn't help anything about it.

I agree that they are providing local services all US. But i got into MPINGI only 'caz the offer of Free home country (which is not working half of the month).

My conclusion is ..

They are controlling the call making from their side which is very rude. Once you used more than particular minutes then you won't allowed to make further calls.

Then they sucked your freedom of changing your account details by then they will get the authority to charge you even after you cancel the service by phone /email.

They will come to help via phone/online chat only when they want to do.

Ofcourse you can call any mobile or land from your mpingi for which you have to pay per minute about 7 cents.

Simply saying..This company is working for the owner's profit.

Above that when i used the word "SUCKING" in the meaning of

"To take advantage of; cheat; swindle. " funnily., she told me i'm using profinety.

[ KavithaKrishan :: can you see that.. something is verVERY WRONG HERE IN YOUR BILLING...SUCKING SYSTEM..? [protected]:51:40 pm)]

Well! atlast... they still not calling me as they promised..
    I'm fed up too..

If you have patience read the chat..

Welcome to MPINGI Chat, KavithaKrishan
    You are in queue. Please Wait for Agent Connection.
    Your maximum waiting time is 3 minutes [protected]:24:21 pm)
    Your wait time is completed.
    Are you sure to wait for 10 more minutes(YES / NO)
    You are Connected to Agent Tina [protected]:29:15 pm)
    Tina :: Thank you for contacting MPINGI Chat Support, this is Tina. How may I help you? [protected]:29:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: hello [protected]:29:21 pm)
    Tina :: Hi, [protected]:29:33 pm)
    Tina :: How may I help you today? [protected]:29:51 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: why the website didn't let me chnget to economy plan? [protected]:30:09 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: change to economy plan? [protected]:30:29 pm)
    Tina :: Kinldy give me your registered email id on your account. [protected]:30:47 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Well this is (myname). Since you are not coming to online chat., i used different id. And when i talked to you before., You abrubtly leave the chat and when i talked with swapna she hang up the call [protected]:32:46 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: so i cam in different id [protected]:32:56 pm)
    Tina :: Okay kinldy give me your registered email id onb your account. [protected]:33:57 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: (myEamil) [protected]:34:06 pm)
    Tina :: Kinldy give me a moment [protected]:34:23 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: yes [protected]:34:28 pm)
    Tina :: PLease go head [protected]:35:23 pm)
    Tina :: How may I help you today? [protected]:35:57 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Now i am in freedom plan which is not working. can you give me any reason? [protected]:36:03 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: why i couldn't call to my free india number? [protected]:36:24 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: can you check that from your end? [protected]:36:45 pm)
    Tina :: Mam Actually my supervisor was online for 5 minutes sinice there was a technical error you could'nt hear us. [protected]:39:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok. I accept that. [protected]:39:31 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I have some requests.. [protected]:39:51 pm)
    Tina :: Please go ahead [protected]:40:01 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: would you plz tell me when will be i can able to call free indian phone? [protected]:40:40 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: means Homecountry-free number. [protected]:41:04 pm)
    Tina :: kinldy tell me the message your getting when your trying to call the indian free number. [protected]:41:47 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: just not going throguh . no message [protected]:42:33 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: just atone [protected]:43:06 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: atone [protected]:43:10 pm)
    Tina :: What is the status of the light on top the mpingi device ? [protected]:43:11 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: a tone [protected]:43:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: green [protected]:43:21 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: even now i'm trying [protected]:43:47 pm)
    Tina :: kinldy tell me from when our facing this problem . [protected]:44:35 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: exactly oct-26. I'm facing this every month..atleast 2 weeks.. [protected]:45:15 pm)
    Tina :: I would like to know apart from the free number are you able to connect to any other number in india. [protected]:45:29 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I think i can able to call mobiles. not any land numbers [protected]:45:56 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: but.. my purpose here is., to make calls only to my parents home not to anybody [protected]:46:54 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I don't care if other numbers are working or not [protected]:47:28 pm)
    Tina :: I will go ahead and give you the steps for power cycle .Please do once this session is logged off. [protected]:48:21 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: i couldn't understand [protected]:48:57 pm)
    Tina :: I will send the steps fro power cycle please do it once ou have logged off this session . [protected]:49:41 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Tina.. [protected]:50:47 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok i have some other issues.. [protected]:51:06 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: can u hear me? [protected]:51:33 pm)
    Tina :: PLease go ahead [protected]:51:41 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: 1. I should be able to call homw country within 6 hours today. or [protected]:52:36 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: 2. I want to change my plan to economy by you now itself.. [protected]:53:02 pm)
    Tina :: okay Please login into your account. [protected]:54:13 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: 3.I am giving my cancelation prior notice [protected]:54:14 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: at nov-3 itself 27 days advance [protected]:54:31 pm)
    Tina :: Okay I will help ou to change the plan. [protected]:55:03 pm)
    Tina :: PLease login into your account. [protected]:55:35 pm)
    Tina :: put your user name and password. [protected]:56:05 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: yes i logged in and send an submit [protected]:58:06 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: before we go there [protected]:58:30 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: so you are saying i can't use freedom number as i want [protected]:58:55 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Is there any money involved to chnage the plan? [protected]:00:04 pm)
    Tina :: You can mam since you don't have patiences that is the reason why I'm helping you to changed the plan. [protected]:00:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: when can i call to free home number? U tell me [protected]:01:07 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I HAVE BEEN WAITING LIKE THIS EVERY MONTH.. [protected]:01:22 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: tINA., I DON'T HAVE ANY PERSONAL UPSET WITH YOU.. [protected]:01:58 pm)
    Tina :: Okay [protected]:02:09 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: You have to understand that.. [protected]:02:12 pm)
    Tina :: I will guide you out in doing the power cycle [protected]:02:23 pm)
    Tina :: So that you will be able to make calls [protected]:02:35 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Exactly.. the phone is not working..from DIWALI [protected]:02:37 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: what is powercycle? [protected]:02:49 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: what i have to do? [protected]:03:33 pm)
    Tina :: Do you use a router? [protected]:03:49 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: yes [protected]:03:53 pm)
    Tina :: Okay [protected]:03:59 pm)
    Tina :: First unplug the power cable from cable from the Mpingi9 device [protected]:04:25 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: done [protected]:04:47 pm)
    Tina :: Switch off your internet modem [protected]:05:15 pm)
    Tina :: Wait for few seconds [protected]:05:25 pm)
    Tina :: Then you have to switch off the router [protected]:05:39 pm)
    Tina :: Wait for few seconds [protected]:05:59 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Tina., [protected]:06:45 pm)
    Tina :: Then first switch on the internet modem then wait till theb perfect pwer supply is given [protected]:06:49 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I have done this before.. many times.. [protected]:06:55 pm)
    Tina :: Just try once if still it is not working I wil;l arrange a call back from the technicians [protected]:07:37 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Ok i try this after i finish the chat with you. [protected]:08:58 pm)
    Tina :: Then switch on the modem [protected]:09:17 pm)
    Tina :: Wait few seconds till the lightys get stable [protected]:09:51 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok [protected]:10:06 pm)
    Tina :: Then pick up the receiver and listen for the dial tone [protected]:10:37 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok [protected]:10:43 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: then [protected]:11:37 pm)
    Tina :: After you could do the power cycle I am sure you will get the dial tone] [protected]:12:05 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Ok i'll try this after logged off from you. [protected]:13:03 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Ok now.. [protected]:13:08 pm)
    Tina :: Sure [protected]:13:09 pm)
    Tina :: Is thereb anything else I could assist you with? [protected]:13:31 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: whenever i get the problem.. if i do like this., you think the problem will be solved? [protected]:13:35 pm)
    Tina :: If there is no proper power supply you will face this problem [protected]:14:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok. here we have more than enough powersupply [protected]:14:50 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: tina., [protected]:15:10 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I have a question.. [protected]:15:16 pm)
    Tina :: Please go ahead [protected]:15:35 pm)
    Tina :: Are you there/ [protected]:16:35 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I am telling you I can call to lots of other numbers.. I can't call only to my parent number which is the free home country number. [protected]:16:48 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: How come it possible if there is a problem with powersupply or cycle? May i know the logical reason behind it? [protected]:17:46 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: hello [protected]:18:45 pm)
    Tina :: can you tell me wher your Indian relatives are residing [protected]:19:12 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: (state)[protected]:19:32 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: District, [protected]:19:43 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Taluk [protected]:19:51 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: [protected]:20:05 pm)
    Tina :: What we will do is we will call from our end and check it [protected]:20:07 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: gud [protected]:20:14 pm)
    Tina :: And then we will give you a call [protected]:20:19 pm)
    Tina :: Is it okay? [protected]:20:27 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: that's gud [protected]:20:31 pm)
    Tina :: Can you give us the contact number? [protected]:20:41 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: (homecountry number) [protected]:21:04 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: It is the registered number [protected]:21:23 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: with you [protected]:21:27 pm)
    Tina :: I will make sure that your relatives in india receive call a during the day time . [protected]:21:49 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: means i couldn't call them during their night? [protected]:22:20 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: sorry i couldn't get you [protected]:23:35 pm)
    Tina :: I meant that your relative will receive a call during the day time. [protected]:24:11 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok ok [protected]:24:27 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok when will you call me back to confirm the status? [protected]:24:59 pm)
    Tina :: As soon as we have reached your indian relatives .we will call you. [protected]:25:57 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok. [protected]:26:03 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: The second Question..Is there any money involved to change from one plan to another? [protected]:26:30 pm)
    Tina :: Is there anything else I can help you with. [protected]:26:35 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Third question: how can i change my billing details? [protected]:27:07 pm)
    Tina :: login into your account and you will find an ooption called edit information . [protected]:29:13 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: i'm waiting? [protected]:29:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: well i've already try that but it didn't let me to do it 'caz the page is [protected]:30:08 pm)
    Tina :: once your click on that you can change you billing details [protected]:30:31 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: It says that the page load error [protected]:30:50 pm)
    Tina :: Please try after one or 2 hours [protected]:31:01 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Tina.. i know how to access the website if it is working. [protected]:31:11 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I'm trying to change my account details everyday dear.. [protected]:31:38 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: It is not working .. Can yuo help me to change directly.. [protected]:31:59 pm)
    Tina :: No mam you have to wait for some time . [protected]:32:37 pm)
    Tina :: Please try after 1 or 2 hours you will be able to enter our billing details [protected]:32:59 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok. Plz look up my second question and tell me.. [protected]:33:27 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: If any charges involved to change my plan to another.. [protected]:33:54 pm)
    Tina :: So mam do you want to change your plan [protected]:34:31 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: no in future.. if i want to.. i wnat to know that now itself.. [protected]:34:51 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: that's why.. [protected]:34:55 pm)
    Tina :: you can change or plan any time time you want to. [protected]:35:19 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: If suppose i couldn't get my parents connection.. [protected]:35:27 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Is there any charges? [protected]:35:39 pm)
    Tina :: As soon as you login into your account you finf plan change [protected]:36:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: If suppose if i change today.. from when on will it take effect in the billing cycle? [protected]:36:27 pm)
    Tina :: Kinldy give me a moment [protected]:37:07 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok [protected]:37:16 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: yes [protected]:38:31 pm)
    Tina :: for this month you will be charged for the existing plan for the next month we will charge for the new plan. [protected]:39:25 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: wHow soon i have to change to get into a new plan? [protected]:40:10 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: means.. [protected]:41:03 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ? [protected]:41:14 pm)
    Tina :: Its your wish mam [protected]:41:41 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: you want me to stay the plan which is not working and making me pay? [protected]:41:52 pm)
    Tina :: Mam which you feel is a benefit for you . [protected]:42:19 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok. [protected]:42:37 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Tina.. [protected]:42:40 pm)
    Tina :: PLease try the steps for the power cycle and after that if its not working you change your plan [protected]:42:57 pm)
    Tina :: Is the there anyting else I can help you with. [protected]:43:55 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Ok.. I'll try that steps. But if it is not working.. what is your answer ? [protected]:44:04 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: what will be ultimate arrangement from your MPINGI Support side? [protected]:44:32 pm)
    Tina :: If it does'nt work you can change your plan. [protected]:45:05 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: You know., you are doing business with US rules and regulation. You simply can't talk like this. Since yuo are not providing your promised service you have to tell me about the money you are charging.. [protected]:46:19 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Am i talking sensible or not? [protected]:46:39 pm)
    Tina :: Mam please try the power cycle if it does'nt work then you can change the plan. [protected]:46:39 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: ok i can change the plan easily as you said. But what you have said to me when i asked you about billing cycle? [protected]:47:29 pm)
    Tina :: Mam I'm just trying to help you . [protected]:47:45 pm)
    Tina :: Please try the power cycle then please contact us back we will the needful [protected]:48:17 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: you said that you are going to charge me for ... unprovided service..IS THAT MAKE ANY SENSE TO YOU? PL SATND IN MY POINT AND TELL ME [protected]:48:25 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: i AM READY TO TALK ANY HIGHER OFFICIAL IN YOUR DEPARTMENT NOW. TELL THEM TO CALL ME NOW. [protected]:48:58 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Tina dear.. [protected]:49:45 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Is that any justice? [protected]:49:57 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I'm not having anything with you.. [protected]:50:31 pm)
    Tina :: Okay mam I will arrange a call back for you in the next 1 hour [protected]:50:35 pm)
    Tina :: for sure [protected]:50:39 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: (one employee name) PROMISED ME THAT HE IS GONNA ARRANGE FOR [protected]:52:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: REPAYMENT.BUT HE IS NOT EVEN THERE NOW.. [protected]:52:39 pm)
    Tina :: Mam please do not use profenity i will logg off the session . [protected]:52:40 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: NO TINA. [protected]:53:02 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: oK i AGREE THAT.. [protected]:53:25 pm)
    Tina :: Mam I will arrange a call back for you right away [protected]:53:41 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: tHAT IS A VERY COMMON WORD EQUIVALENT TO "PULLING AWAY SOMETHING" [protected]:54:15 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: nOT THAT THE MEANING YUO THINK [protected]:54:27 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: i RESPECT YOU AND ALL THE WORKERS. [protected]:54:41 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: oK [protected]:54:54 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: LET ME TALK TO SOMEBODY.. [protected]:55:03 pm)
    Tina :: Mam you will receive a call in the next 30 minutes for sure . [protected]:55:47 pm)
    Tina :: I have spoken to my senior a technician they wil give you a call back for sure. [protected]:56:17 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: Phrasal Verb(s): suck in To take advantage of; cheat; swindle. [protected]:56:46 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: fOR YOUR REFERENCE THIS IS THE MEANING TAKEN FROM ONLINE DICTIONARY [protected]:57:08 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: i AM ALSO A gIRL tINA.. [protected]:57:46 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: I WON'T DISRESPECT ANYONE LIKE THAT.. [protected]:58:00 pm)

KavithaKrishan :: i MADE TERRIBLY UPSET 'CAZ OF A SYSTEM.. [protected]:58:37 pm)
    Tina :: Mam I will surely help you . [protected]:59:29 pm)
    Tina :: You will receive a call for sure .so you can tell her what you want to tell Okay mam [protected]:00:35 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: oK [protected]:01:19 pm)
    Tina :: Is there any thing else I can help ou with. [protected]:01:45 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: oK. WELL YOU TOLD ME.. WHATEVER YOU CAN. i REALLY APPRECIATE YOU FOR THAT. i WNAT TO TALK SOMEBODY WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY TO TAKE MY REQUEST. tHAT'S ALL I NEED [protected]:03:58 pm)
    KavithaKrishan :: thank you [protected]:04:25 pm)

• Mi
    Mirav Rathod Nov 03, 2008

i had the same bad experience. I had already canceled my service and still They charged me 74.74$. I have already complained to FCC. I am gonna sue them. Please e mail me on my e mail id [email protected]

• Se
    sensaab Oct 31, 2008

Dude just cancel the credit card. don't even bother to all. i wish if i could sue them

• Ne
    neeta Oct 31, 2008

MPINGI people are thieves and cheaters----
    I cancelled my account at the second week of the trial period. 8 months after the cancellation they charged my account with $99 saying I did not return the device after cancellation, when I called I told them and showed them the mails me asking them the address where I can return the divice. after 20 days of every day calling finally I got thier address and I returned the device. I showed them the receipts from usps tracking # indicating that they have received the device. After looking at the usps receipt they told me that they will refund me the $99 back however, they did not do that and there is no customer service person who can answer the phone any more. Does any body has mpingi number where I can reach? I have been trying [protected]/5576, [protected], also [protected] but no response...

• Su
    Sudhakar Souri Oct 30, 2008

Can anyone please tell me hw to cancel the mpingi connection.. If I block my credit card is it cause any problem for me

• Mr
    Mridula Grandhi Oct 30, 2008

I have experienced the same kind of awful service from MPINGI. I stopped using MPINGI since one month tried them calling hundred times to cancel the service but no respond. They charged me more than hundred dollars for a month without me using the service. Dont know what to do and how to proceed, but as of now I am disputing the charges through my bank.

Satpal Ramgadia Oct 30, 2008

Hi,

I have been charged $819.56 for calling India unlimited numbers using freedom plan and I am shocked. I called and spoke to one of their supervisor and he said don’t worry we will waive off the charges and next hour I was charged. It’s a huge amount and they have charged for the free India numbers for which they are charging $15/month. I am so much disappointed and called to Bank of America to follow their procedure to raise dispute against them and I am trying to contact Kalgi Shah to take his help to get the money back. I am so frustrated you can not imagine. If anyone has better suggestions pls do reply to me on "[email protected]" and your help is much appreciated.

Beware this postpaid billing service company's specifically MPINGI.

Thanks,
    Satpal Ramgadia

• Pr
    pre Oct 30, 2008

They are Just making fools

Saroj Oct 30, 2008

Same story as yours. Kept on delaying my cancellation request until 30 day trial period expired. After that I keep on seeing the charges on my credit card. Unable to reach the customer support. I am planning to complaint to FCC.

ramu Oct 30, 2008

THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE THEY PEOPLE GIVE ONLY 10 DAYS SERVICE.NOW A DAYS TOOL FREE NUMBER ALSO NOT WORKING PROPERLY TO CONTACT BUT THEY PEOPLE WORK ON BILLING CYCLES PLEASE DON'T USE THIS SERVICE ANY BODY.PLEASE PLEASE NOBODY WILL BE IN TROUBLES LIKE ME.

• Ks
    K Smith Oct 29, 2008

Mpingi emails also bouncing back, Mpingi is shutdown already. Beaware guys...

shakirhyd Oct 29, 2008

I have not been able to cancel this service for so long now. This service keeps going up and down every day. Just when you want to make a call to india, it does not work. Its a pathetic service.

Now, even their website is not working. I don't know how to cancel my subscription.

Earlier, I was not able to contact them by telephone. No one ever picks up the phone. Atleast chat use to work, now even that is not working. Email sent has bounced back. Dont know what to do.

Please help if someone else has been able to cancel.

• Va
    Va Oct 28, 2008

THE MPINGI WEBSITE AND THEIR CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER ARE SHUT DOWN SINCE 2 DAYS (OCT. 27, 28, 2008). I WANTED TO RETURN TEHIR ATA DEVICE (WHICH I GOT JUST 3 DAYS BEFORE) BECAUSE OF POOR CALL QUALITY (SOME TIMES GOOD). I GUESS PROBABLY THEY RECORD THE COMPUTER'S IP ADDRESS AND MAY BLOCK SOMEHOW ACCESSING THEIR WEBSITE ON THAT IP-ADDRESSED COMPUTER. I HAVE USED MY HOME AND OFFICE COMPUTERS TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM EARLIER TO GET ATA DEVICE. AND NOW THEY HAVE DISAPPEARED. I THINK I AGREE WITH OTHERS THAT THEY MAY BE CHEATING LOTS OF PEOPLE. HAS ANYONE PLANS TO SUE MPINGI. ITS BAD ON THEIR PART. MPINGI, STOP DOING THIS, GIVE THE QUALITY SERVICE FOR PEOPLE'S MONEY.

• Sn
    S. Nayak Oct 28, 2008

I strongly agree that MPINGI really screw their customers. They charged my credit card without providing me with service. I called them several times but unable to get through. I had to cancel my credit card account to get away from their dirty trap. STAY AWAY FROM MPINGI.

• As
    ashish Oct 27, 2008

their site is down..

james Oct 27, 2008

I am comletely agree with the complaints. I am also one the victim of this service. But I dont understand how this type of fraud company is surviving in US. What the laws of this land are doing????? It seems that there is no law that exist in this country that can stop this type of fraud people and company.

I also got mail from them regarding FCC rule and 600 mins limitation.. If this is the case than how they can still do advertisement on their website with word unlimited calls to india...

After somedays I again received mail from one MPINGI's Asst. Manager saying that previous mail wasnt meant for you it was sent to you by mistake. You can use the service as before..So after that I used it and it also worked fine for 15 days..but now at the end of billing cycle again I received call from them saying that I would be charged for the mins I have used through access NO.

These guys are really fraud.

Anyone has read the Terms & conditions... It says you cannot do stop payment on your card otherwise they would charge all the free mins you have used so far...f..kinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ###.

Cant any one take some legal action at corporate level?? I dont know what the big player in US like AT&T and Vonage are doing. Isn, t it a good enough reason for them to reduce the competition???

I am still fighting with them...lets see what I can do??

• Ak
    Akhilesh Srivastava Oct 25, 2008

I chargebacked MPINGI charges for the last two months. I just switched to Allvoi (WDT). It is excellent...gave me a nice net phone with speaker phone and with unlimited Intl plan...it only costs 1.5 cents per minute to India and about 65 Intl destinations are free calling. I guess there website is allvoi.com...I saw their ad on timesofindia.com.

Jagtar Oct 25, 2008

Hello everyone,

i am in the process of sueing the MPINGI, reason is the same as yours . so i am looking into talking to the lawyer and explain him whats going on. if any body are interest in helping me and sharing the cost of lawyer please email me @ [email protected] i would appreciate if you can help.

Rajesh Oct 23, 2008

I completely agree with the comments here, never seen such a worst service in life. Till you confirm the order they keep calling you to take the confirmation and credti card # .. once you give card# thats it you are in trap.
    I got the device today after two months and in between I had sent a mail to cancel the order, however i dont know why they sent a device now,

I have been trying to contact the customer support no one answers and the one number do not work . Drop them a mail they wont reply back .

The only option left to me after reading these comments here to block my card.

Thank you all for sharing the information here.

Please some body tell me how to sue these *******

• Rs
    rs Oct 21, 2008

It was a nightmare to deal with this company as the phone service is unreliable, and it was a horrible experience dealing with Mpingi Customer service. This company does not even reply to your email, and the chat line takes over 20 minute wait, while their customer service number is either busy or does not function.

I had to complain to FCC to cancel this service; as there is no way to reach them.

I wish I had never taken this service, as the pain this company caused me is enormous.

• Mo
    Mohan Oct 19, 2008

MPINGI SERVICE IS THE WORST...

I cancelled my account in July (after following up with them for cancellation for many times) and paid all pending bills...they call now in October saying that they have a pending bill...if I dont pay now they say that it will go to collections... Beware of the fact that even though you cancel your account they may contact you for pending bills... i am highly frustrated with this company...strongly recommend to make sure your account is clear while cancelling it...they just dont know customer service... Shame on them...

• Ha
    hasham Oct 18, 2008

This is one of the worst company I have got the service from .. BAD SUPPORT, BAD SOUND QUALITY. They initially told me that 6 months contract fine but they deducted 12 months money from my account and I am still fighting with them to get the money back.. INitially they told that refund will be made but now they are denying.. Dunno what to do.. if any body can help me in filing a consumer case against them, then it will be of great help.

[email protected]

• So
    Somnath Oct 15, 2008

I have called the customer service and told them that,
    today, (15th Oct 2008) i got a call for my registration to your service and after providing her all the details i would like to un-register from the service and also there is no need to send me the adapter or gadget for connecting to their service, as i will be leaving for India soon.
    But she told to call after 1 hour.
    Afterwards my call was not picked up whenever i called them.

Even i have tried connecting to the customer service through chat, but it was of no use as they kept me waiting for 20 mins.
    I have even sent them a mail regarding the same but theres no reply.

Please help..

Mukti Shah Oct 15, 2008

I strongly and strongly agree with everyone except that ONE GUY SHIV who has supported MPINGI God knows why?????

MPINGI is indeed a nightmare, . Your call would go thru only if u DESPERATELY dial the same number 20 times. Currently the outgoing is working but if someone wants to call me, the message is "THIS NUMBER IS OUT OF SERVICE... "
    I had foolishly advertised my home business by my MPINGI number and guess what since the incoming service is not functioning I would be loosing so many prospective clients and my business because of this F...ING MPINGI service.

The phone was not working at all for so many weeks. Upon calling 1000 times, we could finally get thru the so called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" once. They told me to be careful about the minutes usage as it has been limited to 600 mins.. WHAT A CRAP!!! I signed up for an unlimited plan and U GREEDY ### just change my plan on the fly WITHOUT INFORMING ME?????????

All these MPINGI guys should definitely be put behind the bars and this disaster has to end. Kalgi, I really admire the steps you have taken and everyone of us have to act now to protect our fellow citizens from falling into this TRAP. Wish I had read this blog before signing up but "Better late then NEVER".

Caution: All u guys wanting to try MPINGI please please dont do so. This company is a complete SCAM & FRAUD.

• La
    Lance Oct 11, 2008

The company SUCKS!!!
    I have been requesting cancellation since August nothing has been happening.
    Now I cannot even log on to my account! cannot get customer service by phone or net chat.
    Even after talking to so called customer care who called me from a 202 number which he is not answering any more!
    I just want to get out of this system that has never worked on out going calls for me since months but I still get charged full every month. I have all the call records and my email records, coould some one tell me how to sue these [email protected][email protected]~7$ I have to get every penny they have charged me since August for the service that has never worked.