MPINGITerrible experience

R

I have had a terrible experience with the MPINGI customer care ('care' is not the word they should be using). When I ordered for their phone service, I received the unit after a month. While placing an order, I was told that there will be a risk free 30 day trial period and if I return t6he service till then, I wont be charged anything. Also, my 30 day trial period was to start on the day I start using it.
Their unit was shipped on 18 July but because I am in a traveling job, I could not receive it until 21st July. I got a call from them on 24th July to check why I was still not using the service and this time I was told that my 30 day time will start on 18th July. The attitude was too bad so I just decided to cancel the service.
I called on 30th July to cancel the service without using even a single minute. In span of 7 days I have been approached 3 times to answer the same questions - "Reason for cancel". Then everytime they call, they come up with a different story - sometimes they say cancellation will take 3 weeks to process, sometimes they say I will have to bear for the charges to return their service and what not.
I have tried to reach those folks many times but no luck!
I am ready to ship back their unit with my own expense and just end all kinds of interactions with them!

People...beware...stay away from MPINGI

• Va
    vandhana Aug 09, 2008

A really pathetic service.Please my friends do not fall in MPINGI.If you sign up for the service then we will get the device after 3 months, by the time if we change our house then thats all.They will ship the device to previous address and on 30th day they will charge us.I am a victim of MPINGI .Please do not use MPINGI

Narayan Hosmane, Illinois Aug 09, 2008

I agree 100% with above complainers in that MPINGI Customer Support Service sucks big time as they have no knowledge of how to provide an internet phone service. In my case, MPINGI sent the devise to me in May, but my contact in India never received the devise to date. I talked to six different people in Chennai (Priya, Devi, Sajay, Rajasekhar, Indajith and two other people with Christian Names!) and none of them seem to know what the hell they are doing. To make the situation worse, they charged to my credit card twice ($54.88 first and then $75.48) even before providing the service. When I complained about it, they said they give me MPINGI Plus service so that I can call India unlimited by using the devise. But the ###ing devise does not work either. Called yesterday (August 8, 2008) and talked to Indrajith to cancel my account, but that ### tells me that someone from MPINGI Managerial Service would contact me within the 24 hours to help me cancel my account, but it is already more than 24 hours. What the ### is going on with these ###s? Why can't they simply cancel my account? Since these guys are fraud, I am thinking of contacting US Fraud Protection Department so that they will stop their illegal activities. You can read the following e-mail from one of the Customer Support person telling me all kinds of bull ###. God help us all!
    Heaven sake, please do not go for MPINGI Internet Telephone Service. If you do, you are asking for a disaster!
    ***********************************************
    Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:56:50 -0500
    To: "Narayan S. Hosmane" <[protected]@niu.edu>
    From: "Support" <[protected]@mpingi.com>
    Subject: MPINGI

Dear Narayan,

This is further to your Call regarding the Cancellation of Mpingi service.

I really apologize for the inconvinience caused to you from Mpingi

The amount ($75.48) which was charged to you will be waived off in the next billing cycle.

Also for the month of July you will not be charged since the account is on hold.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification please do not hesitate to contact our support representatives at [protected].

Assuring you of our best service at all time.

Regards,
    Rajasekhar
    MPINGI Team

Shiv Aug 19, 2008

we are using Mpingi and its working great...we are totally loving...server upgrade thing was told to us in advance that every 3 months or so and will be compensated and they always did...I think ppl who are having trouble dont have good internet in US or in India...I have 2 lines in India and both of them are just working gr8 as my ppl in India have broadband, which is a must for this service...We do had some trouble during the trial period and these guys apologized to us...the time we took was Diwali time and they had heel lot of now connections and very less human resource due to festival...we understood that and took the connection... and not we recommend it to everyone...

nahun Aug 27, 2008

what you need to do is call you're credit company or your bank you used to place the order and explane to thems whats goin on and thems will contact that company mpingi and fix that problem for you hope at works doit now

raj Aug 27, 2008

Unfortunately I switched to Mpinigi without thinking much as they offered calling one number to India free and bragged that if I am not satisfied in a month can cancel my service, in two weeks I am already repenting on going for Mpingi, everything is worst, customer care, service, not at all worth even if it is fully free as phone is basic and has to be stable, never go for Mpingi.

• La
    Lance Aug 28, 2008

Wow, if only I had googled MPINGI, I would have save all the anxiety. It not only SUCKS but makes me wonder if they still exist.

• Mp
    MPINGI USER Aug 28, 2008

Never stick to their commitments. Their servers always keep going down. Either incoming will not work or out going will not work and some times both. Any time you call customer service they give you wrong assurances. I did not have incoming for almost 10days and immediately the next day after the issue was resolved we lost both incoming and outgoing. Very bad service.

• Ng
    ngfjf Aug 29, 2008

Very very horrible services...it's nightmare...big lier and don't know what's their objective ? To operate in North America with so much of unprofessionalism... Might as well they just dropped that idea ..

rajiv kumar Aug 29, 2008

Same thing happened with me . The incoming did not work for almost 2 weeks and then it worked for 1 days. Now the phone is completely dead.Their support number is not working. The 2 numbers they have on their website now are also not working. I think this company being shut down right now. I am thinking of calling my credit card company and have them cancel my card. So that these guys can not charge me anymore.

Kapil Gupta Aug 29, 2008

You guys are absolutely right... horrible service...
    1- First of all the quality of the modem/router is not good.
    2- Above that Incoming and Outgoing always have problem. To call one number atleast try 20 times then if u r lucky it will connect otherwise forget it.
    3- Calling local US number is also problem
    4- No words for Customer Service. The whole thing is down, numbers are not going through. Not even the new numbers they provided. Also Chat is not available now. I have sent 5-6 compaints in the email, no response till now.
    5- I want to cancel the service as well as dont want to pay for the duration I could not use their service.
    6- Initially they told me that there will not be any Activation fee, then they applied $45 activation fee????

Does anyone have any option to stop these guys cheating us??

• Kv
    KV Aug 29, 2008

Horrible service.. we are experiencing the same... NO incoming or outgoing... Their support numbers also not working... Tell me a way to cancel their service...

Muthuraman Sep 05, 2008

I did a great mistake in my life that I switched over to mpingi offerring unlimited calls to india for one number.
    Initially Mpingi people informed that there is a trail period .They charge $46 including shippment charges. If a customer is satisfied then they will start with billing period that is after trial period (for a month). But they have deducted $82 in addition to $46 also. They do not send any invoice for the bill. They deduct as much as they want from our card. Their customer service number is also not reachable([protected]). This says you will be connecting to first available agent. But you will never get connected. Also we had lot of issues in making calls to India.
    I had to spend a lot with my calling card inadditon to mingi bills.

Muthuraman Sep 09, 2008

I totally disagree with shiv's comments..

Shiv, Are you from mpini team?

Each mpingi customer knows how worst mpingi services are...

Shiv, Try to call this mpingi customer support number [protected] .. If someone picks up your call to speak, then I can accept whatever the story you are trying to make...

• Kh
    Khem Sep 09, 2008

DON'T USE MPINGI EVER!!! They will never call you back, their services sucks and the billing is horrible. I went online to check my billing and the billing date is showing up as 1969 dec-31!! *&*&**(& i wasn't even born then!! i've called up my credit company and they are going to put the matter into dispute and i'll make sure these guys don't get even a single penny!

Guys, don't be tempted for that unlimited thing! i did and i'm paying for it with all the trouble i'm having now. nothing comes for free and that's true!

• Ie
    iela Sep 09, 2008

i am agree with u even without use they ask u pay the bill in free month, gov need to take action for them how they can do this thing, suppose to clse this company and who ever work there they need to go jail

Mani Sep 10, 2008

I totally agree with all. This is such a worst company I've ever dealt with.

I think SHIV is the sucker culprit from MPINGi...giving positive feedback. They are fraud company stealing money from peoples credit card.

Please do not ever give your credit card details to this fraud company.

shyam S Sep 10, 2008

This is one of the worst possible services. I joined them because of a good offer for Sun Rocket customers. Right from day one we hated this service.

I had to approach BBB for some problems to get resolved.

Here are the problems:
    - People have hard time reaching MPINGI number.
    - From some numbers people can not reach me at all.
    - The connection gets disconnected.
    - Access to toll free numbers has always been a problem. If it works for couple of days, it does not work for couple of weeks.
    - Customer service is a joke.
    - Had to approach BBB to sort out my problems.
    - I will disconnect the first day after my contract is over.

Shashi Kiran Sep 19, 2008

Shiv, we know you are from the MPINGI team, team of frauds. Do you even feel bad about misleading the public for a few bucks? Get a real job, don't be a thug.

Had the worst experience of my life with this ### company. First THEY tracked me down somehow and reached on ym phone to advertise about heir service. I was naive enough to give them my details. That time I did not have a credit card as an international student, only a debit card. They shipped the item that reached me only on the Jan 28th according to a marker on the package. I forgot all about the box and never opened it. Cancelled the service on Feb 25th but got billed $56.99. Called them to complain about their customer service which said that they would call me to assist me with the installation and information about how to return the package. No one had called me ever! So I was pissed with them as I did not realize they were already starting the cycle. I asked them why I was billed when I canceled my membership in time, they said that I had completed the cycle! According to them, I received the device on Jan 26 and Feb 25 was 1 month. I told them well, even though I did not receive the device on the Jan26 its still exactly ONE month Feb 25. They said that they work IST so it was more than 1 month for them!!! So they work EST for shipping and IST for billing. Cheats.

So I am sitting today 7 months later having forgot the bad experience. I suddenly find that they have debited $99 from my bank account!!! I called them a couple of minues ago and they said that they charged me because I never shipped the item back. I told them, they never gave me an adress to ship it back. They said that an email was sent to you regarding this. I told them NO SUCH EMAIL WAS SENT! they checked and said an automatic email is sent to everyone when they cancel. A LIE. Then they said they give a 2 month period to send the device back, and at the end of that they charge the fee for the device. I told them its not 2 months its 7 months! they said they will call me back in 4 days. I know they will not return my money, what should I do? Everyne please return thier device if you can.

Raghu6 Sep 23, 2008

This MPING Bast...s are charging $99.00 6 Months after I canceled the account I canceled the account even before I received their device since theyh delayed in sending the device and asked them not to send any device I am happy with current calling card, I am not going to use their service, now I am calling my credit company to reverse transaction and put the transaction to dispute.

I don't suggest to use MPING inseated use Packet8 or other VIOP since you are calling more often your Parents / In-laws then use Handset with Speaker to do conference from your Parents / In-laws house to call other releatives that will work out very well.

name with held Sep 23, 2008

NEVER BUY MPINGI !
    I RETURNED THE BOX, AND THEY ASKED ME TO PAY THEM 99$. THEY SAID I DID NOT RETURN THE BOX. I WENT TO THE USPS SITE, AND FOUND THAT THE BOX WAS RETURNED ON TIME. KEEP ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PROOFS IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP. BE VERYYYYYYYYYYY CAREFUL !!!

DONT GET TRAPPED.

Sanjeev Kumar Sep 24, 2008

I am having similar issues and had decided to move back from MPINGI. I tried to port my number to TMOBILE from Mpingi and TMobile is getting error - Name is not matching from last one month.
    Finally, I was asked by Mpingi to use SEAWOLF instead of MPINGI for local number portability. I will let you know if it works.

shan Sep 27, 2008

mpingi serve is the company of cheaters. i cancel this service on my trial period even then they charged me without my consent before i was told i can pay bills online it was not auto matic never got the device i was reading rip off repot against them so i decided to cancel my card . after cancellation my card and service they send me a device at home .now yesterday there was a guy name abrahimi here in usa call me about my mpingi account i told it was cancelled .and then he asked me about my new card number i was surprised and same time i started argument about why you asked me my credit card number .even i cancelled this service one month ago it was actually happened he was trying get my money from card . cause this company will never cancel your service just you cancel your card that was right.they are big time cheaters now he was asking to send their device back which i got after cancellation of my credit card i have proof when i compaint about them and blocked my card .in the begining when i got his service they told me about the promotion going on no activation service fee and device i will gety for free. otherwise i said i donot any device .but the charged me activation fee now the just want to make money sending me device after my cancellation of service.have you ever seen and heard this kind of company yes its a mpingi. and now they are calling from there usa number to i got call from abrahimi name and phone number [protected]. try this number guys you can talk to them here in usa.they said that is customer service number of mpingi so beware

• Pd
    PD Oct 01, 2008

I would like to know if anyone has been able to get in touch with them over the past couple of days. I have been trying to call them since 10 days now, but it seems to me that the consumer care number is not working. Even if I want to cancel my service who do I call or speak to?

chenna Oct 01, 2008

i return their device. even though, they charged $99 on my credit card. I am trying to contact them from fast 5 days. i was not able to get them. Please sugest me that how can i get my money back.

• Su
    Sudhakar Souri Oct 01, 2008

Can any one please tell me how to cancel the mpingi service.. The Mpingi is stupid one I never seen in my life time.. horrible... it is not working for past two months.. and they are deducting money from my Account.. if I call the service care.. no response.. only Beep... Beep sounds..

Please tell me how to cancell the Mpingi service.. and anyone suggest me an good service .

Kapil Gupta Oct 02, 2008

I also get Beep sound 90% of the time on calling through MPINGI.. There will be hardly 1-2 instances where I could connect the number in first attempt.. inbound calls also have the same issue...
    On talking to one of their represntative he told me to call in off peak hours... what the hell.. how can someone say that for a VOIP number where that number works as Primary source for talking... same thing can happen in case of any emergency, u cant event dial 911 ..
    Also the only good time when the service worked better (Not even good)...during afternoon CST sometimes..
    If they dont have enough band width they should not accept new customers or Invest some money to increase it...otherwise return money and just close the company..
    In the last I can say... WORST EVER EXPERIENCE... HORRIBLE SERVICE... they are not servuce provides but are BEGGERS..

• Si
    sid Oct 02, 2008

Very very unprofessional service provider. For past 3 days my out going is not working. Send couple of mails but of no use. Numbers on mpingi.com
    1. [protected] : due to high coll volume they can not accept call and ask to leave vooice message. And you know wat...there voice mailbox is ful... what a joke!!

2.[protected] : No out of service..ridiculous!!

don't know what to do..but will have to think quickly..bunch of cheaters..

Rajesh Kanna Oct 03, 2008

Thanks to all of your post. Its my mistake haven't seen this before falling into their trap.

anyone reading this, please please do not go to MPINGI ever...worst customer service, worst phone service, worst quality, worst company had ever seen

Kapil Gupta Oct 03, 2008

Now I just recieved another sensational email from them.. stating..
    -------------------------------------
    This is to bring to your kind attention that our fraud prevention team has noticed a lot of inconsistent calling pattern to the free Indian number “xxx”, which is not a common usage pattern of residential subscriber. As this a gross violation of FCC (Federal Communications Commission) regulations, we urge you to ensure that there is no misuse of your MPINGI phone. As the preventive measure, we have set a capping on the unlimited usage to the free Indian number at 600 Min/Month.

usage beyond 600 Minutes to this number would be charged at 6.99 cents/Minute. You would also be sent a notification soon as you cross 550 Minutes of calling to this number, which will help to keep a check on your usage.
    --------------------------------------
    So now its crystal clear how they are cheating where as I have not even crossed even 2000 mins in a month...they should be sent to Jail.. I AM READY TO DO WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO CLOSE THIS COMPANY SO THAT THEY DONT CHEAT ANYONE.

Ram Oct 03, 2008

Mpingi Sucks. A total Fraud Company. Is there any Consumer right organisation were we can complaint. Worst Service. Biggest things - Worst Customer Support Team u will ever come across.. !!!

rags Oct 04, 2008

Hi,
    I totally agree with all the copmplaints abt mpingi and am a victim myself...just like what Kapil said, i too got a mail saying same about FCC after 3 days when i started chatting with them foir cancelling my accounts (support phones out of reach)...I am also wondering just like Ram above if we can do something to stop these cheaters from victimising more...please help us in this regards.

raj Oct 04, 2008

Hi

I also agree with you guys... even i got the mail as though i am using the phone for non residential purposes..!! they give all this crap for who ever uses the phone properly i guess...they are just going mad ...worst service...not able to reach them by any means.!!! crappy service

WORST service. dont ever think of buying mpingi service.

• Sw
    swapna Oct 05, 2008

Hello Everyone,

Please Please do not try mpingi service guyz...it is my sincere suggestion. Previously it had a freedom plan in which it offers unlimted calling to US, Canada and also unlimited calling to one number in india. I enrolled for this. During this period of time I had enough. The customer service phone doesnot work. If it works the representatives working there do not have any details about the mpingi services only. My billing data is on 3rd of every month. In every month you can observe compulsory one week of "server updations" this is what thet call it. But the service ultimately doesn't for atleast one week.

If it works the we give atleast 20-30 tries for our number to get connected. And suddenly two days back i, e on the day of billing only october 3rd i recieved a mail stating that I have violated the rules and as per FCC rules we are not suppose to have some unlimted calling to india. So they unlimited calling to india is cut down to 600min/pm. Are we looking life fools. We have lot of calling cards available in market which offers lesser package than this.

And other interesting aspect is that I havent used my service since then that from Oct 3r, and see today being Oct 4th I have contacted the mpingi representative via chat finally, what they say is that they are going to charge me for entire oct3rd to nov 3rd. This is what is happening guyz..

do not fall into this trash...please this is my sincere suggestion

kalgi Shah Oct 05, 2008

I was terribly harressed by MPINGI!! I filed a suit against them and got all my money back. It was free, and the federal goverenment helps you. If anyone needs any information, please email me at [protected]@yahoo.co.in. I will be more than happy to help you!!

DONT YOU ALL THINK WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO STOP ALL THE OPERATIONS OF THIS FRAUDEULENT COMPANY!!!

• Di
    dinesh prajapati Oct 05, 2008

i will try to reach customer service but no contect.my both way line as incomming & outgoing is not working since 10 day.i don't know what's going on? anyone know that how we can save our money & creditcard activity that we allready give them all information? it's realy froud

jay Oct 05, 2008

Hello, can anybody pls help me how to sue this company.they have also cheated me.now they are telling the Freedom plan which was unlimited is limited for 600 mnts only.You have to pay 6.9 cents per minute if you have crossed that 600 mnts in a month.I got this email now & they are telling it's valid from 25th of Sept.But when I took the plan it was unlimited to India.

Till now they haven't charge to my credit card.How can i stop them to charge from my card ?Pls help me.It's very urgent.can i call to credit card bank people & tell them to stop this transaction?is it possible?pls suggest me some solutions.It's very urgent.

Thanks
    Jay

Ankit Jain Oct 05, 2008

Hi Jay,

I am totally agree with you, they did the same thing with me also, today i.e. 5th Oct 2008 I received an email, mentioning that there is only 600 minutes per month is free to call one no. of India, Initially no one mentioned that in this is a Limited talk plan(i.e. Freedom Plan) & also they are going to charge activation charges...this is a FRAUD company...they cheated me like any thing n I am very much dissatisfied with the service...
    ? I also want to sue them let me know the procedure for the same.

Pl. save me from this fraud people.

Thanks
    Ankit

Muthuraman Oct 06, 2008

This has happened for all who opted for freedom plan.
    We need to do something immediately to sue these idiots.

Per agreement, they are not supposed to change the rule without our acceptance.

They have to return back activation charge also to us.

Sarvesh Oct 06, 2008

This company customer service phone does not work. Horrible service and unfriendly customer service representatives.

There is a guy who filed case against them and got all the money back. contact him to get more details, its free to file a complaint.

[protected]@yahoo.co.in

best of luck!

Sarvesh Oct 06, 2008

you cannot stop them charging your credi card. I am one of the victim as you. Go ahead and cancel your credit card, this might be the only option I could think of...please search MPINGI in google to see list of complaints against this company before even you sign up!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices