Menu
Mother Hen Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Mother Hen
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 24 Reviews

Mother Hen Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from Mother Hen. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Mother Hen has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Mother Hen. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Mother Hen reviews & complaints

Z
11:12 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen Great but missing some breeds!

This is a wonderful app for the few hours I have had it. I would give it five stars but there is sooooo many missing duck breeds that it drives me crazy! Please add Muscovy ducks! They make up most of my flock for meat and eggs and I can't log the data because the breed isn't in there.

B
10:55 am EDT

Mother Hen Easy to use

I love this app. Super easy to use and track everything! I also really like that I can track different egg colors. I have 4 breeds and it's great to see the difference. The only thing that would put this app at 5 stars for me would be graphs. I would love to be able to see my egg production in a graph format instead of just a list I have to add up myself for the different colors or go to the finances page to see the overall current total. Overall a good app.

Update: if you turn your devise sideways you can see a graph! I did not know about this in my initial review. Yay!

W
9:00 am EDT

Mother Hen Pretty good

I have a flock of about 50 chickens. I like the app, if I could change or add anything. It would be to be able to log an entry for multiple chickens at once or your whole flock. For example, my chickens are all receiving medication for 5 days. I had to go in to each chickens profile and individually add their medication treatment. Took over an hour. If the whole flock or multiple chickens are receiving same thing. It would be so much nicer to be able to mass add them. And a spot to add their feather/coat color. For instance my ameraucana are in multiple different colors. Even with pics it would be nice to have a list to pick from. For now
I'm typing into the notes tab on bottom. Or a spot for band # to be typed in close to chickens name. Rather then just the band color. It would be perfect with those changes!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen Worth the cost!

With a flock of 80+ chickens for egg and chick sales this app is pretty much perfect! I researched all the other free ones and this one is hands down the easiest to use without a bunch of fuss.

My only wish is that I could delete pics! Or even just rearrange them? When playing around with the app I added a “baby" pic of a rooster then took a new one recently of him grown but the original pic that shows in the flock list is of him as the baby and while silly, it drives me NUTS because he looks like any other chick. I've got my 2021 chicks hatching that I REALLY want to upload pictures of to the app so I can tell them apart, especially my show breeds that come in various colors, but I don't want that to be the only pic that will pop up on flock list is a bunch of chick pics that look the same. Yes I should know them by name... but with 100+ now with the new chicks I'm not that creative to name them all

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen I wish I had found this app a long time ago, but wish there were additional features

I just downloaded this app yesterday and updated the last 6 months of egg collection and sales, there are some features I wish were available, like a running tally sheet for how many eggs I should have after sales and such. Also wish there was a category for guineas.
There are other things but overall it's a great app for seeing how many eggs you collect and how much you make in sales.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen Easy to use for both meat and egg production

Some great features with easy interface. Love that I can add mult photos and egg color. It is very helpful that you can track per bird and by flock. Also really like the fact I can create custom breeds. Only 1 big feature I wish there was, a hatch calculator/reminder.

Also would love to have peacocks added but I know that ads not as common.

B

Mother Hen Love This App - 1 suggestion

I love using this app. I have a small hobby flock and like to see what the actual costs are and track my girls individual egg production (they all lay different colors and in different places). I was wondering though, would it be possible to get weekly averages of the total #of eggs laid over a month or year's time? It would be nice to see production trends at a glance. Thanks for the great app!

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
Mother Hen has left an official reply on this complaint.

Mother Hen Frustrating!

I have downloaded and attempted to use this app multiple times. I have zero idea why this keeps happening, but my photos aren't allowed to be edited; birds are disappearing from the flock list, etc.

I am a small hatchery starting out and would really love for this to work.

C

Mother Hen Almost perfect! But

I would love to see hatching options and a way to blend that into finance. If I buy hatching eggs for $20 what would I sell the chicks for after food and everything. Also a way to track the hatches. If you had that this app would have a millions stars and be the best. Now I'm using two apps.

L

Mother Hen Failure

I downloaded this app. I paid for it. I got a black page with dates at the bottom, that scroll. That's all there is. Where is the app I paid for?

I finally found and read the information about all the testing and about turning my iPad to a different orientation. It works! I feel stupid! I love this app and only wish I had known that I needed a vertical orientation to use it. I lost a lot of time that I could have been recording my flock information.

R

Mother Hen Great!

Very intuitive and clean design. Allows for not only quick egg tracking, but also keeping track of the members of your flock.

The black screen chicken lady 60 mentioned is the graph that appears in landscape mode. It gives you an overview of the egg data you've entered. I can see everything fine when I hold my device up-right.

Mother Hen Best I have found

Intuitive, not full of bugs, and detailed. I wish I had found it sooner. I love that you can have more than one picture for one flock member. Is there a way to choose which photo is the master for a flock member?
Notes: when adding hatch date to a flock member, if you check the x it crashes. That is the only bug I have found.
I would love a spot to note where a bird is located. Like coop or breeding pen number to track birds. Also band number/color.
Hatching Eggs as an expense.
I love that you seem to truly desire to take advice and requests. Thank you!

Mother Hen Love It, But Would Love 1 More Change

I really like all the neat tracking features this app has. The aesthetics are I just wish it had a section for feather color. You can put in that your bird is a Cochin, but not that it's a White Cochin or a Self Blue Cochin. Also, under ABA/APA class there should be a way to either add your own, or have combinations like “Feather Legged Bantam" for birds that are both, since you can only pick one.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen So close to perfect!

If you implement some of the user requests here and add hatching to it, it would be beyond perfect!

Tracking of hatches like Hatchabatch used to be or ihatch-chickens chickens would be amazing and a one stop app for a majority of us poultry people.

I would pay decent money for an all in one poultry app and I'm sure others who are serious about their poultry business or breeding would too!

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen Fills the bill!

This is a tremendous help with my flock. I would pay more tor all this does!
Things I would dream of adding would be: First, a place to record egg orders for later as I can only come in and record them after I sell them. Second, a way to separate out say the meat birds and the egg layers or maybe the chickens and the turkeys so that we can see cost/feed data separate.

Mother Hen Handy and easy but only single user input

Great way to track your flocks feed, breed, egg, and overall life history. Only reason I'm not rating a 5 is I can't share the app data with my family so they can't help collect data. I also can't sort my poultry type (chicken vs quail vs Turkey, etc) Hoping this is updated ASAP as I'm already missing data due to our flock size and number of people caring for them.
Also being able to sort by egg color would be nice.

U

Mother Hen Almost Everything I Need

I love all the features of this. It's almost everything I'm looking for and it's completely usable as is. I only have two suggestions:

Other Breeds: I can leave the breed blank and put the type in the notes but it would be nice to have a way to manually add a breed that is not in the list. Examples: Icelandic, Hedemora, Swedish Flower Hen, Favacauna.

Color sub-type: again I can put this in the notes but after selecting breed it would be nice to have another field for color or type variant. Example: Mayans; Black Copper, Cuckoo or Wyandotte; Gold laced, red laced. Again with a manually update-able other if this field I'd driven by selectable lists.

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen Love this app!

Love so many things about this app! We have a small-ish flock of about 35 chickens, with about 14 of them laying so far. I'm able to recognize which hen laid by their eggs thus far, so I like being able to log eggs by hen. This app allows for that. I love being able to log an egg by egg color if I'm unsure which hen laid it. I love that I'm able to add breeds that aren't listed very easily. However, it's especially convenient that you have preloaded breed specific information on the breeds preloaded. Being able to log expenses is really beneficial. There are a couple things that I found that I wish were a bit different. I haven't found a way to see a calendar with daily and weekly egg totals. I've only been using the app a couple days so it may be there? Also, I would love to be able to see my bird's age somewhere. I can enter the hatch date and of course I could go back and add the weeks or months, but with my flock being less than a year old it would be nice if the age showed somewhere. Take my brahmas for instance. I know they hatched in September of 2020. I'd like to be able to click on that bird and see they are 4 months and 3 weeks old, or 20 weeks old, etc. not a big issue, just something I've wished my tracking apps had available. Overall this is a superb app!

Mother Hen Much better than other similar apps

I've tried several other apps for chicken keeping but this one is the best of the bunch plus has an amazingly responsive developer

I've now had this app 8 months so figured I'd update
I still like it and it's easy to use
My wishes
Ability to choose to track eggs by color or qty
Bar graph for eggs vs line graph
Ability to choose a year for finances and egg totals (2018, 2017 etc)

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mother Hen Amazing Poultry App!

I was looking for something just like this to keep track of my flock. The app is easy to use and has just the right features to keep track of the most important care information needed to assure the house is being properly cared for.

I love the photo feature and option to name each fowl with a numbering system and name if wanted.

I also love that additional breeds can be added.

Perhaps in future updates these features could be added to address individual fowl:

Illness with Date Schedule
Veterinarian Schedule
Immunizations and Supplements List
Banding Labels or ID Marks
Temperament
Housing Location
(for more than one hen and
rooster pen)
Marking for Feeding Types
(Free Range, Feed, Scraps, Treats)

I know this is a lot of extras, but I would be willing to pay much more for an app with these additional features, and I would like it to be this app as this is the best one I have found so far for keeping my flock organized and healthy.

Thank you so much for deleting your wife's former app and creating a new one! This one gets an AAA+++ from this Grams, a long time farmer and historic Appalachian.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Mother Hen contacts

Your Voice Matters: Our Commitment to Genuine Reviews

Empowering Real Experiences

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Mother Hen?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mother Hen Customer Service. Initial Mother Hen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mother Hen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mother Hen. Discuss the issues you have had with Mother Hen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.