Mortgage Modification CenterFraud and scam

S

I found out thru the bank that our house was about to go into foreclosure sell in 3 weeks, because they had NOT received the papers they needed, which I had faxed to Mike Lopez at the Mortgage Modification Center of Stockton. I called Mike Lopez, who was supposed to be in charge of our modification, asking what was going on that the bank was saying this! No return call, I emailed him 2 times, no returned emails, just blissfully ignoring me!

I requested a refund, got refused! This place needs to be put out of business ASAP! I know there is a lot more innocent people out there that this business is taking there money and not doing a darn thing and they probably don't even know it yet! The will find out like so many of us out there, from the bank, then the Owner Cameron Pannabecker, tries to convince us that this is a game the bank is playing! Sorry, I don't think the Banks have the time to play games! They (Bank) have been working with me now, yet Cameron Pannabecker, tells BBB, Board of Realtors, and anybody else, they they are still diligently working on our case! They are not doing anything, except trying to take credit! The only credit him and his company deserves is the name Ripoff, Scammer, CROOK!

He didn't just ignore me, he ignored the man that brought us into this company, he NEVER would even return his phone calls! He quit them over how we were done! His rebuttal will say the same as what I saw on the other post, he knows how to TALK THE TALK, AND convince people that were just stressed out homeowners! And after reading his rebuttal, I see where he took credit for the fact that the man got it taken care of! It was probably because of the work they had done for them! OMG, this man is way to full of himself and needs to be put behind bars! If nothing else, he needs to loose his High Position on the Calif Board of Realtors and his license and his mortgage business! Oddly enough, he did have a big website, guess what, its gone now!

• Di
    Diamant Jul 26, 2016

I found out thru the bank that our house was about to go into forclosure sell in 3 weeks, because they had NOT recieved the papers they needed, which I had faxed to Mike Lopez at the Mortgage Modification Center of Stockton. I called Mike Lopez, who was susposed to be in charge of our modification, asking what was going on that the bank was saying this! No return call, I emailed him 2 times, no returned emails, just blisfully ignoring me! I finally emailed a letter to the owner, Cameron Pannabecker, nothing, nada, he totally ignored me for 2 weeks until I sent him a very angry email with Fraud links, and I had also reported him to the Board of Realtors; Then he answered my email! I reported him to BBB also, he's very good at talking the talk and making it sound like were all just stressed out homeowners, and that they are doing there job, they are not, they just take your money and laugh all the way to the bank! I am now dealing with the bank myself. I requested a refund, got refused! This place needs to be put out of business ASAP! I know there is alot more innocent people out there that this business is taking there money and not doing a darn thing and they probably don't even know it yet! The will find out like so many of us out there, from the bank, then the Owner Cameron Pannabecker, trys to convince us that this is a game the bank is playing! Sorry, I don't think the Banks have the time to play games! They (Bank) have been working with me now, yet Cameron Pannabecker, tells BBB, Board of Realtors, and anybody else, they they are still deligently working on our case! They are not doing anything, except trying to take credit! The only credit him and his company deserves is the name Ripoff, Scammer, CROOK! He didn't just ignore me, he ignored the man that brought us into this company, he NEVER would even return his phone calls! He quit them over how we were done! His rebutal will say the same as what I saw on the other post, he knows how to TALK THE TALK, AND convince people that were just stressed out homeowners! And after reading his rebuttle, I see where he took credit for the fact that the man got it taken care of! It was probably because of the work they had done for them! OMG, this man is way to full of himself and needs to be put behind bars! If nothing else, he needs to loose his High Position on the Calif Board of Realtors and his licence and his mortgage business! Oddly enough, he did have a big website, guess what, its gone now! Somebody, Please listen to me! BBB isn't even answering my disagreement from his rebuttal to them! Very SAD! What goes around comes around and boy does he have it coming for his dirty business practices! He's a liar a cheat and a thief!

• Je
    Jeremy_Swann_Indymac Mar 09, 2010

Cameron, My name is Jeremy Swann and you have my file. Please contact me as soon as possible regarding my file. Thank you.

• Vi
    Vijay Jun 07, 2009

I am retracting my comment due to request from Cameron. The two key reasons for my dissatisfaction with the service are identified in the thread above and wish other customers know the process they follow in advance so balance in understanding happens before the contract is signed. I wish you all the best to everyone in need during the financial crisis. Peace.

Cameron Pannabecker Jun 02, 2009

Before I address anything, I'd like to make two statements: 1) it may seem like a small point, but to me it is very important; I never have and I never will trade on my faith. I have never advertised on a Christian radio station and, despite my faith being a very integral part of my life, I would not do so for the very reason that it might appear that I was trading on my faith. I may support Christian radio with donations, but I would not advertise my business there, because I fear some might interpret it to be a commercialization of my faith. I don't know who was on the radio, or how it lead to this consumer coming to us, but I can assure anyone who cares to inquire that it was not me or my company. 2) We take complaints very seriously, and nothing said in this response should be taken as my being defensive about those complaints. I am never happy if a consumer is unhappy with our performance, perceived or real, and we are doing everything we can to make sure we do not have continuing problems. I regret any pain or added anxiety any consumer experiences on our account.

Unfortunately, both of the recent posting were done before the consumer reached me. I have had the opportunity to speak to Vijay following his posting, but have not yet been able to reach Ms. Arguelles.

I think it is obvious that there are two common threads through any complaint here: 1) the amount of time it takes to complete a modification, and 2) how much anxiety is developed when consumers don't hear from us as often as they would like.

Some may be surprised that I acknowledge these complaints as legitimate, and accept our responsibility for the part of these complaints that we can control. I totally agree that the modification process takes too long, as a matter of fact I am convinced that there should be no need for our business to even exist. In my opinion every lender out there should have had this process automated to such an extent that any consumer can go online, or call in, and within a few minutes have a modification. However; they have not done so, as a matter of fact they continue to do everything imaginable to obstruct the process and create unimaginable delays. This is the area of concern for which we cannot accept responsibility... we have no control over their stalling (the vast majority of lender scoff at Federal laws compelling them to deal with this process in certain ways), and we obviously have no motivation for the process to take one momen longer than, as we only incur more cost ever day we have a file linger.

The second issue; updating clients enough, is an area in which we need improvement, and on which we work every day. The modification process is one of great stress for consumers, and it is not possible to be in touch with them too much. Our employees hear about it every day. We need to do a better job of communicating our efforts on behalf of the consumer (as evidenced by the fact that every consumer who has posted a complaint here has had tremendous amounts of work performed by us on their behalf, and yet they are unahappy, even one who has received a great modification because of our efforts) to our clients. However; due to stalling and obstructionist tactics on the part of lenders, there are times, long stretches sometimes, when nothing really "happens" on a file and therefore there is really nothing to "report". We need to do better, we are doing better and we will do better still.

I am committed to running a company of integrity, and success for consumers. While we wish we had no complaints, and we take each one seriously, I would like to point out that with over 1, 000 clients, and having obtained hundreds and hundreds of successful modifications, the number of complaints we have received is a very small percentage. Not an excuse, not a denial that we need to do better, but an observation that I hope readers of this page may take into consideration before they judge us too harshly.

• Ar
    arguelles Jun 01, 2009

Okay, I am listening. Mortgage Modification has been handling my modification since October 2008. Since May 15, 2009, they HAVE DROPPED THE BALL. I stayed with this company because they have my 1000 and they advertised on a Christian Radio. Bank Of America has called me at work. I referred them to Nathan-Now no response. Redeem yourself contact susan newman arguelles for status of modification

• Vi
    Vijay May 28, 2009

Cal-Pro Mortgage Modification is fraud and provides wrong information about their ability to do the mortgate modification and gives wrong promises about providing weekly feedbacks about the loan modification program.

I know three people who are extremely dissatisfied with their service and are looking to file a case against them, including me. If you are also dissatisfied with their service and if they have charged you extra, let me know and we can all go after them together for the wrongfully charging us.

Cameron Pannabecker Apr 29, 2009

Unfortunately, I don't know quite how to respond to this anonymous post. Obviously there are no specifics provided here, other than the issues related to my landlord's name on his building, etc.. So, as to the name issues...I rented space in a building owned by another firm, much as someone might rent space in a "BofA" building, but obviously not affiliated with BofA. Yes, my company, The Mortgage Modification Center is a dba of Cal-Pro Mortgage, Inc., just as most companies are a dba of someone or some other entity. Why Cal-Pro Mortgage? Because my business is fully licensed and compliant with the Department of Real Estate, and since they are the regulatory agency for modifications in California I must use my DRE licensed entity. I created the dba for obvious reasons, because we obviously aren't doing a mortgage loan, but rather a modification. I hope that whoever has left this posting will understand these things.

• Qu
    "heartless" Apr 29, 2009

Just as the mortgage brokers took advantage of homeowners and got the economy in the mess that it is in today- Cameron Pannabecker has took the driver seat again to take advantage of desparate individuals trying to save their homes and ride the bus of causing more economic disaster. Who is this individual anyway? I walked into an office thinking it was Suntec Mortgage, never met or heard of the man, received threatning mail from Mortgage Modification Center and find out that his DBA is Cal Pro Mortgage??? I confused how do these theifs still operate and sleep at night?

• Ro
    Ron Apr 27, 2009

The mortgage modification center in stockton almost caused me to loose my house. They are completely incompetent, they stalled, lied, submitted documents wrong, cost me over 100K, and I would be willing to bet that if you talk to the person that filed this, she would say she never admitted any of that stuff.
    This guy will say anything to make himself look good and discredit unhappy customers, but he is ALL TALK. I have caught him in lie after lie after lie, yet he talks like some type of savior. What a joke. "Was not contacted as often as she liked"?
    I was promised WEEKLY updates when they sold me their lies and I was contacted 4 times in 5 months and that was after severe complaining and 3 visits to their office. His M/O is to say something like "Oh these poor souls who are losing their homes are just so emotional, they dont know what they are saying". "We are working so hard for them and they dont appreciate it". He is so full of it and himself its sick. The truth is, maybe he has modified some loans, but ANYONE can do it.
    The banks want to work with consumers, these companys try to convince you the banks are evil and hard to deal with, but they are easy to deal with. They are trying to scare you into thinking you need them.

Cameron Pannabecker Apr 17, 2009

I am Cameron Pannabecker, owner of The Mortgage Modification Center, and I have responded to the posters complaints. She has advised me, once she was confronted by all the facts, that she had to admit she was wrong, and that we had performed our duties on her behalf. She remains unhappy that she was not contacted as often as she liked, nor that the process takes as long as it does, but she does recognize that we have performed our duties on her behalf. I regret that any consumer would be so disgruntled as to complain like this, but I am also proud of the excellent work we do for our consumers, and the hundreds of satisfied consumers, whose homes we have saved through mortgage modification.