Morrisville Auto SalesVery shady car dealer!

• Jb
    J-Bo Aug 16, 2008

I bought a 98 Toyota truck from them. Lets just say their screening process on cars they accept is horrible. I had 5 major problems within 3 weeks costing $2, 100 to repair. PLEASE have an independent mechanic inspect a car first! I think these guys are more lazy than rip-offs, but next time I will go to a reputable dealer!

• Ki
    kitty16bml Dec 04, 2009

So you bought a USED vehicle "as is " without warranty, and now your mad at the dealer because YOU didnt have it looked over???? I cant help but scratch my head on this one. I dont care if I am buying a used vehicle from my mom! I will still have the vehicle looked over for any major problems before I write a check...just common sense people

• 7g
    7gr8kids Mar 27, 2011

WARNING!!! They seem very nice, so to our STUPIDITY did not have the car checked before purchasing. (Had very recently purchased 2 other used cars from other small car lots & had them checked 1st, w/no problems found, so took chances this time-NEVER AGAIN) Have spent over $2000 on repairs w/in month of purchase. Believe Morrisville Auto sales KNOWINGLY sold us car w/problems. Should be shut down.

• 7g
    7gr8kidz Mar 27, 2011

WARNING!! This place knowingly sells defective vehicles. To our STUPIDITY we purchased a car from them w/o having it checked over first. They LIED about its condition. We have spent over $2000 in repairs in the month since it was purchased and are probably not through yet. They should be SHUT DOWN! We have purchased 2 used cars from other small lots in the past couple of years and have been thrilled w/cars, so know Morrisville Auto sales are crooks.

• St
    Steve 1733 Apr 01, 2011

We sell older, less expensive vehicles to meet the needs of a market with limited funds. You knew UP FRONT that we sell our cars as is with no warranty and still chose not to take a 13 year old vehicle with over 100, 000 miles to a mechanic for an inspection. We buy our cars and sell our cars in good faith, but in the low end of the market, THIS HAPPENS SOMETIMES. If you bought a pair of shoes without trying them on and they hurt your feet, I suppose the store that sold you the shoes should be shut down.

Yours is the only complaint. I figure given that we sell about 150 cars a year, let's see... the percentage of complaints is what? .0066666 of our sales? And because of YOUR failure to do your due diligence we should be shut down?

You're embarrassing yourself.

• St
    Steve 1733 Apr 01, 2011

"Do not purchase from this dealer without having the vehicle you are looking at thoroughly checked over by a trusted mechanic!"

We absolutely agree. We sell older, higher mileage inexpensive vehicles at a low price point. We make it known up front that these vehicles are sold as is without a warranty. If one chooses not to use one's brain and have the vehicle inspected, are we "shady"? Point the finger of blame at yourself, dude.

• He
    her6speed Sep 02, 2011

caveat emptor, if you are buying a car with more than 100K miles on it, consider your investment for a less expensive older model and do your research on parts, and typical 100K or higher mileage part failures and assess whether that cost transferance of an older less expensive car plus high mileage repairs outweighs buying a lower mileage higher cost car. Either way you are going to pay a little here and there for unmaintained parts or pay a lot to your lender for a brand new $20G car. In my opinion the cost transferance evens out after about 2 years. That brand new low mileage car is gonna need the same amount of work when it gets over 100K in miles. But people that buy brand new cars, usually trade after 60, 000 miles or 3 years anyway. :)

• Tr
    Truth Hertz Feb 08, 2012

Interesting to note the word "STUPIDITY" (capital letters YOURS) to denote your admission that you failed to do your due diligence when buying an old, high mileage, inexpensive used car. Um... CHEAPSKATE? Didn't want to spend the extra $50?

I see you have "7gr8kidz". I'm sure on more than one occasion one of your kids was perfectly healthy one day and home from school sick the next. By your logic you're a terrible parent and the Bureau of Child Welfare should take your children away.