Morrissey DollsBad experience

Spanning over the course of months, I tried to order patterns from this company on three different occasions.

Each time, after waiting a period of two weeks for the pattern arrival via USPS mail, without the order forthcoming, I had to do a follow-up contact with the company to inquire about my order(s).

Each time the company responded as if the order must have gotten lost and that they would be happy to send out a 'replacement order'. Twice I paid via Paypal, the other was with a credit card. The charge showed up on my card at the time of order, but was never shipped and I had to contact them to get a refund after opting out on their 'replacement order'.
If this had been a one-time only experience with this company, I could understand. However, I made three attempts (over months) to place and receive an order, all at which they failed to deliver.

While I can't vouch for their patterns, I can warn consumers that their service is less than favourable!

• El
    Ellen Bierlein Aug 21, 2017

Strange, or maybe not. The non-delivery is STILL going on. I did a printed order when Loretta opened the archived patterns she hasn't gone pdf with and that was on May 26th. Heard from her twice with "mailing issue" excuses and since July 10th she has not responded. My last attempted contact wasalmost 2 weeks ago(August 9th) after I returned from a 2 week vacation and there were still no patterns in the held mail and no response in my email. I'm in the process of filing for a refund thru my bank card.

• Mr
    mrsgaius Nov 13, 2016

Morrissey patterns used to be fantastic, then suddenly became awful. Does anyone know why the sudden deterioration in service? She also used to be very polite, not nearly so much in recent times. You can now buy and download some of the patterns on Etsy.

• Re
    Reviewer28208 Sep 10, 2015

On july 12 i ordered 4 patterns from this company. I have tried to contact this company on numerous occasions to no avail. My credit card was charged $26.00. This company is a total scam. Do not do business with them.

• Ro
    Robin Ellen May 04, 2014

Last April (2013) I ordered several patterns and was promptly charged for them. Over the last year I have sent several e-mails. I re-sent order information, offered to take them n a pdf format, etc., but never received them. I requessted my money back but never got that either. Although the patterns appear to be really cute, I would not recommend ordering from this company. Personally, I feel as though my money has been stolen from me.

• La
    Laurie R Jan 09, 2014

I placed an order in December 2013. As of January 9, 2014, I had still not received the product that I ordered and paid for nor did I receive any e-mail or phone communication from this business. I went through Paypal.
    My credit card was charged shortly after my order.

I attempted to contact this business twice via e-mail that was provided on their website: It was listed as: [email protected] I wrote twice - on January 6, 2014 and on January 8, 2014. In my correspondence I provided my mailing address and phone number.

I finally contacted Paypal and was refunded my money same day.

I saw that Paypal had communicated with the vendor at a different e-mail address. This e-mail was [email protected] I let them know that I was very dissatisfied with my order. They responded and apologized.

Note that I did look up this business and saw that there is an 'F' rating on the BBB online site. Buyer beware. I wish I had done my research before ordering.

• Do
    Doll Trunk Oct 12, 2013

Hi again, My post is the one above this about e-mailing her through Etsy. I did receive my pattern just days after she gave me the tracking number. She included a free pattern & emailed me offering a free PDF one from her Etsy store. Her free pattern offer came to my Hotmail account & when I tried to reply it sent my e-mail to [email protected] ([email protected]). So you have to go into her etsy store & click on contact store owner for her to see your e-mails. I wonder if like mine a lot of e-mails go by way of this non reply place & die. Any way. I would only go with her PDF patterns for now. They are great patterns. Good Luck doll people.

• Do
    Doll Trunk Sep 30, 2013

If you have trouble, go to Etsy, set up an account. Then search for Morrissey doll. When you look at the store you will find a place to contact Lorretta. Only E-mail her from this site. It took a lot of e-mails, when I e-mailed & said I would contact Etsy & BBB if she didn't reply. I got my tracking number in about 6 minutes. She said I should have my patterns in 3 days. I will see if it happens. Her Etsy patterns are downloads, so people don't have as much trouble with this there. I thought about contacting Etsy to tell them to check out these complaint sights. I also told her it was unfair of her not to have a phone number for people to call her at. Because this wasted so much valuable time.

Charie Wilson Jun 14, 2013

I ordered 7 patterns from them and paid by pay pal. Its bin over 2 1/2 months and I have not recieved my patterns and they do not respond to emails. I tried calling the phone number i found for them [protected] and it says the number is no longer in service. I reported this to paypal but have not herd back from them other than to continue to try and contact the seller. if anyone has a phone number for them could you email me at [email protected] or [email protected] any help would be apreciated.
    Charie

• Su
    Susan Gore May 03, 2013

My daughter ordered a pattern with no problem at all. I ordered one on April 15th and am still waiting for it. Have written 3 emails with no response. My credit card has been charged. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Ti
    tickedoffbuyer May 03, 2013

BUYER BEWARE!!! I never received my order and they would not respond to me after 5 emails, that was including 2 emails filed in a paypal complaint. I emailed them about 5 minutes ago and said how disappointed I was in how there company was now. AND unfortunately I was going to file a claim with paypal they instantly refunded my money. Couldn't communicate, but could refund money that quickly...amazing!! Sad..they used to be a good company to buy from a few years ago...don't know what happened!! I placed my order on April 15, 2013. I will NEVER be ordering from them again, but at least I did get refunded!!

• Al
    allmyfriendsaredolls Apr 22, 2013

I have had the same problem with them. Over the past couple of years I have tried to order from them, with no receipt of patterns and no answers to emails. This was my third and final time trying to get the jeans pattern. After about a month I filed a Paypal claim. They never responded to me but quickly refunded my payment this time. They had already stolen over 40.00 from me 2 years ago. This time I got my 6.25 back right away. They were reputable about 8 years ago, but no more. Stay away from them.

• Pu
    Purplequilt Feb 22, 2013

I also ordered a pattern paid with PayPal. I never received the pattern and e mailed them several times with no response . Will never order there again or recommend them

• Ca
    Carol Z Apr 19, 2011

I am having the same problem and just wrote a complaint about this company to the BBB of Wiscosin. I strongly feel that anyone with a problem should consider doing the same.

• Pa
    partin Dec 01, 2010

Pay for your patterns through Pay Pal I to have been waiting for weeks and called them on the phone and have sent numerous emails with no reply. I went to the resolution center in pay pal and filed a compalint within minutes i had a reply from them stating they were waiting on me to choose the free patterns I had qualified for. Well email mne don't wait weeks and do not answer my communications. I wish I had have read this board before I went through this hassle..This company is not good to deal with VERY UNPROFESSIONAL..

• Br
    BRENDA A Jun 19, 2010

I TOO HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. THEY SAID THERE WAS A DEATH IN THE FAMILY IN 2008 AND THAT THEY SHIPPED MY PATTERNS. I TRY TO CONTACT THEM A NUMBER OF TIMES AND GOT NO REPLY FROM THEM. I COPIES ALL OF THE E-MAILS AND SENT THEM TO THEM. I NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD FROM THEM. I DID TRY TO ORDER ANOTHER PATTERN LATER ON AND THEY NEVER EXCEPTED THE ORDER.

• Le
    lemon88 Aug 16, 2009

I live in United Kingdom, and have had the same problems with this "company" . No replies to many emails until I got very annoyed and received a reply striaght away! Apparantley the patterns had been shipped and they could take up to 4 weeks to reach UK ! What a lie ! Have now been waiting approx 8 weeks and have requested refund to my credit card, but am still waiting for a reply to my request ! What a waist of what could be a fantastic business, I will never be tempted to order from this deceitful person again. BEWARE BEFORE YOU HAND OVER YOUR CARD DETAILS !

• Ka
    katie Nov 27, 2008

I ordered patterns on 11-02 and yet to receive any patterns or replies to my e-mails. I finally wrote an e-mail that they will respond by Monday or I will contact my credit card company. They are quite an exception in the world of online businesses--I have ususally had nothing but great response and quick shipping. I wish I had read this and the other boards with negative comments and saved myself the trouble of ordering from Morrisey.

• Je
    Jeanne Mayes Nov 20, 2008

I just sent my order in for the second time. Then I saw the link to the complaints. My first order never came and I emailed and got a email back saying they would check. Nothing. Emailed again and received no reply. I checked my account and it appears they have not charged me, so I thought I would try to reorder. Hope this goes thru as it was to be a present for Christmas.

• Za
    zaida lucio Nov 14, 2008

Iam very displease with this company. They credit my card for $192.15 and I never got my patterrns for mytwinn dolls. I'm from N.Y. and I will be taking action on this scam.

• De
    Debbie Anno Oct 18, 2008

She emailed me back and this is what she said. Why didn't she give me a tracking number is beyond me. And no, she never sent me an email about my replacement. Beware! It's too bad. Maybe I should go into business selling these patterns. I would be a lot better about sending the patterns right away. What nerve Morrissey Dolls has to charge you right away but doesn't send the patterns right away!

Hi Debbie,

Sorry we didn't get this message until after our mail had left for the day. We already sent you a replacement set of patterns, to replace your missing order. If you refuse them when they arrive, we can credit your account when the patterns come back here. There is no signature required, but there is a tracking number on the package. If you leave the package unopened, you can mark it 'return to sender' and put it back in the mailbox which will send the package back here. Sorry for the re-ship, you must not have received our email about sending a replacement, so we assumed you wanted one when we didn't hear back. As soon as this order comes back, we can refund your account.

Thanks,
    Loretta
    www.morrisseydolls.com

• De
    Debbie Anno Oct 17, 2008

I too wish I would have read this board before I ordered. I am filing a complaint with the BBB. It's been over four weeks. I have emailed them. They said they would check on my order the next day. Never heard anything back.

• Lo
    Louise Oct 02, 2008

I too wish I had seen this board before I ordered. Amt. was charged promptly upon placement. I was counting on the "72 hour shipment", but could have waited a little longer. I dress dolls for Salvation Army for Christmas and have a deadline to meet which gives me a limited time to produce outfits. New dolls this year and I too was thrilled to find such cute patterns for 16" dolls.
    patterns will be useless after this week so have canceled my charge payment. It is most disappointing, especially after sending two e-mails with no response.
    There is also a seal on the site for some net watchdog group which I tried unsuccessfully to contact.
    I did order some outfits from a a link on the site (Fairylandland) and received excellent service and assistance.

• Da
    Dana Sep 10, 2008

I have a similar bad experience with Morrissey Dolls, unfortunately. Very unprofessional. I wish I'd seen this complaints board before placing my order with them. Be warned!

On or a few days before July 30, 2008, I placed an order for doll clothes patterns from the Morrissey Dolls web site, and my credit card was promptly charged for the order. However, no confirmation, no shipping notification, no merchandise received. After waiting 7 weeks, I contacted the merchant by e-mail telling them I had not received my order. Gave them 7 days to contact me or I would have to consider the order canceled and dispute the charge with my credit card. Still nothing. I have asked my credit card to dispute the charge. The case is still pending. I'll post results when it is resolved.

• Ju
    Judy Aug 31, 2008

It was with fear and trepidation after reading so many complaints about Morrissey that I ordered a couple of patterns. As with others of you, my credit card was promptly charged. That has been over two weeks ago and no patterns yet. I live in IL not too far from Hartford, WI so it should only take 2-3 days for shipping. I am so hoping that I don't have to go through what you all have had to experience in order to buy two lousy patterns!a2408

• Be
    Beth Salwaechter Jul 02, 2008

I too have now gone through this. I was so excited to find patterns for a 16" doll. I ordered quite a few patterns on June 9th. They withdrew the funds on June 15th, well it is now July 2, 6 hours away from being July 3rd and no patterns. I have emailed them 4 times and have not received a reply. I have now actually gone and emailed the webmaster of 13 sites for any kind of help because I am not getting any response. Let's just say I am more than deflated by their service (to paying customers). Since I have ordered I have actually received mail from Australia for items I purchased AFTER June 15th by another company.

I do not get it. If you cannot run your company, maybe you should not have one.

• Ka
    Karen Jun 03, 2008

I've also ordered from Morrissey's, probably 4 times over the last year. I've run into the same problems with them over and over again. I either don't receive a reply to my email's asking about my order or I received many, many excuses.. I always did finally receive my patterns, usually in 3-4 weeks (some longer), and the patterns are very cute, although, I've found I need to make adjustments to most of them in order for them to fit properly. But as I said, they are cute and are very easy to use once you get the correct adjustment's done.

It's really too bad.. I'm not quite sure why it takes so long to package up patterns that appear to just be copies packaged in plastic bags, which I assume they have on hand. I wouldn't think they are making copies each time they receive an order!!! What is so difficult about grabbing each pattern, sticking it in an envelope and sticking the label on it?

I just received an email from them saying they are extending their most recent sale.. The letter states there was a death in the family and they got way behind in orders but are getting everything caught up this week and have extended their sale as a way to say thank you.. If there was truly a death in their family, my sympathy's.. But after so many remarkably questionable excuses I've gotten over the last year, I have to wonder if this is yet another excuse.. but you know what? That's what happens when you give excuses to customers instead of just getting those orders out.. You eventually loose that customers faith in you!

• Na
    Nancy Apr 13, 2008

Isn't it incredible that this company has time to charge your credit card, but cannot send out your order. I am still waiting for a pattern that I ordered on March 30 which was charged to my credit card on April 4. I contacted them via email yesterday, but have not received a reply yet. After reading the other comments, I realize I probably won't get a reply. I guess I will contact my credit card about this problem and have them credit my account.