Monex groupsAuto renewal policy

R

Me and my husband had a contract with Monex for 48 months started from Oct17/2011. We leased their POS under "lease to own" terms for the same period, which was 48 months, but we paid off that POS terminal fully in Oct/2015. We were still paying them monthly fees, which were way more than we were told. Whenever we tried to call them and asked for explanation, they never had any answer for why they are charging that high amount. So we decided to cancel the services with them. And then the nightmare started. When we called them to cancel our services in Dec/2016, they said they renewed our contract for another 48 months. We were very surprised as we did not receive any written notice that they are going to renew our contract. I asked them how did they renew my contract without my authorization, then rep transferred me to their legal department. Brian Griffiths was their legal representative, but later I found out that he was just a collection specialist, who was very rude and abusive, didn't let me talk. He asked me to check our agreement. So we checked our agreement, which we signed initially in Oct/2011. On the agreement, months (time period) for auto renewal were scratched out. I am attaching that contract with this story, where you will see that no time frame was mentioned for auto renewal, it was all scratched out. Then I researched about this company, and found out that we were not the only, they were playing games with. There were so many people, who wrote their complaints online, but I think no one was dare to take them to the court. And off course I will take them to the court, because they are asking us to pay a lump sum of $3341.10 for breaking up the contract, even though no months were mentioned in auto renewal term.