Monarch Dentalovercharging, unnecessary work

I had a front tooth that felt funny, my regular dentist had moved his office across town, so I made an appointment with Monarch Dental, which was closer.

The first thing they wanted to know what what kind of medical coverage I had. I don't have any, then they wanted to check my credit history. I was able to pay for an office call, though.

The dentist looked like she was still in high school.

She checked my teeth, then promptly told me I had cavities behind four of my front teeth. My other dentist, who is older with more experience had told me those were normal discolorations and not to worry. As I'd had those spots for years, I took him at his word.

This young person also pointed out a crown needed to be replaced, but ignored a crack in my front tooth.

Then they told me how much my work would cost: 1200.00!

They gave me the paperwork so I could start payments for it before making an appointment for my treatment.

I paid for the office visit and got the heck out. I called my old dentist, drove across town the next day and had him check me out.

He fixed the crack on my front tooth, again told me the discolorations were not cavities, and my crown is in great condition and did not need to be replaced at all.

The total cost was 75.00.

MONARCH IS A COMPLETE RIPOFF, no mistake.

I saw a lot of low income people with dental insurance in the office and listened to the employees putting each of them through the mill for expensive treatments. The better the insurance, the more work needed to be done.

Avoid-avoid-avoid!