Modern Beauty Salonunprofessional behaviour, poor service,

I am in disbelieve with Modern Beauty for their unprofessional ways of doing business. I have decided to refund all my monies through consumer tribunal because they wouldn't refund the monies to me (I have sent them a formal letter etc)
I have many unhappy incidents with Modern beauty and I can list them all here! I hope this article will bring more awareness to the public too!
I bought my first 10 session package in year 2012. At first i thought want to finish my package and stop going to modern beauty after that but i realise i will not able to finish my package with them because they will not "give up" on you if they realise your package is getting lesser. So In the end I have bought many more package from them.. It's so unbearable that i finally decided that I had enough this year.
1) I booked appointment 2 months in advance and was last minute canceled for no solid reason (many times already!!)
2) Poor skills, painful extraction of blackheads and pimples causing redness / wound of skin for weeks (and there are 2 became dark spot scars now) I seldom encounter such incidents when I go to other salons such as herbaline etc.
3) I was doing facial halfway lying down, the sales person keep hard sales other products and ask me top up money to add on treatment. When I refuse, they wouldnt give up. usually 2 ppl will gang up to do talking. then i finally gave in to try the new treatment, the consultant tell me i have to pay the money first for them to do treatment on me. FYI i was lying down already doing my facial, so i tell them to forget about it . Magically, the consultant tells me that they manage to convince their "boss" to let me do facial first and pay after my facial. What the hell?! Dont make any sense to me at all.
4) I bought facial package with some add on on the treatment. when i make booking on the phone, I told them specifically i want to do facial + treatment. But when i go to do facial, the consultants will tell me that the time only enough for facial without treatment. (this happens few times already..)
5) there is no standard of facial pricing and all facial only sells in package of mininum 10 times with condition to finish all of them within one year (if time has lapse, u need to purchase something from their salon in order to retrieve the remaining faical u have bought! This sounds like a daylight robbery to me because i have paid money in full and in advance but still need to follow conditions like this?! they will only tell you after u have sign your credit card)

• Jl
    jlynrnx Dec 14, 2017

Been with them for about a year plus, my mum has been a customer with them for YEARS now.
    At the start they'd allow her to bring me & my sis along to use her package. During that 1-2 times, I'd always here them pestering my mum to buy package during our facial. Which was already a super turn-off.

When I was older, I visited other salons with my own money and they were all so much better. However, they managed to psycho my mum to get an additional package for me (probably using the discounts tactic). So my mum got me a 10-sessions package for my birthday. While I appreciate it very much, I'd much rather she use that money for better things.

So ever since then, I'd have my facial appts with my mum, and almost all the time, I'd witness the hard-selling. Until recently they have stopped doing that and I thought it was getting better. NEVER HAVE I BEEN MORE WRONG.

While the hard-selling went down, their facial skills went down together. Blackheads (and mind you it's a whole scattering of it across my nose) were not removed, pimples that were not even ripe were squeezed, leaving holes, beautician was extremely rough with my face whereby I would have 2-3 of my eyelash extensions fall off, and to top it all off, I'd breakout right after the facial. It wasn't until I did another background check on them to realise that most of their staff have actually resigned, which probably explains why the skills have deteriorated (using junior staff instead) and the hard -selling have gone down.

WORST. FACIAL. SALON. EVER.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices