MMM of Florida / Medicare and Much Moreservice and care from mmm of florida with my health

S Feb 01, 2020 Review updated:

ON JANUARY 1, 2020 I WAS IN A BAD
I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 14 days with a broken ankle and 5 fractured ribs, bruises and cuts etc.
the doctor at the hospital Memorial Regional hospital, Hollywood Florida felt I needed rehab to help me during this time as I can not walk because of my broken ankle, which was operated on and a metal plate and screws were put in it and it is non-weight baring...
day after surgery hospital doctor ordered me a knee scooter to enable me to keep the weight off my ankle... which never came
this insurance refused to allow me to go to the rehab the hospital wanted to send me to...instead their so called doctors decided that I needed more time to heal and a lesser amount of physical therapy so that I had time to heal.
So they put me in Memorial Manor in Pembroke Pines Florida.
this was on January 14th in the evening. that day before leaving hospital the hospital doctor once more ordered me a knee scooter... which once more did not come.
since being in the skill nursing rehab center of Memorial Manor I have had physical therapy... of which they use a KNEE WALKER to enable me to move at all...otherwise I can not even lift my left leg...which was and is also damaged by the car accident.
other than that I am in a wheel chair...
for 27 days I have sat up in a chair to sleep because of my broken ribs.
The doctor of Memorial Manor ordered me a knee scooter, and the social worker Meme and case manager Dawn have talked about when I do go home what I will need, ...a wheel chair, the knee scooter, a slide to go into the tub for bathing and a potty seat to fit over the toilet with arms...
my doctor Dr. English here at the Memorial Manor, ordered again me a knee scooter to be delivered here at the Manor so I can be safely taught how to use it so to enable me to be able to walk once I go home...
He also as a tentative date of February 6th for a discharge only after getting the knee walker and being able to use it safely.
today January 31, 2020 11 am, Dawn the case manager came in to OT to tell me that my insurance MMM of Florida said I had to leave Memorial Manor today January 31, 2020...saying I no longer needed rehab... I appealed that so now I have till Sunday Feb 2, 2020
However they also refuse to get me a knee scooter, or any other equipment to use at home, claiming I do not need it.
they even wen to say that my doctor here at the Manor, Dr. English is the one who contacted them about sending me home...which he did not... and Dawn the Case worker told them he did not.
I am being forced to leave Memorial Manor earlier than I should...I just got the stitches out of my ankle on January 30th, still non weight baring ...four weeks from now I am to go back to the surgeon for xrays and to make sure my ankle is healing properly and at that time he will tell me the next steps...also I am to start physical therapy on that foot ...
but now I will not have the physical therapy... nor the equipment needed to stay off that ankle/leg tilll it heals because of MMM OF FLORIDA... who is refusing me the care and service I need to recover from this car accident.
they have put my life in danger and have made it so that I cant even get into my house let alone a car to go home... and once I am home unable to take care of myself.
please please help me... I cannot walk...please

Not a Bear Dec 04, 2020

Thank you for writing of the sub-par treatment you received from MMM posing as a quality insurance company. SimplyHealth did the same, that insurance cancelled eye surgery at Baskin Palmer at 4:30 pm the day before the 8 am surgery date. MMM pastes huge signs on Miami-Dade busses to attract attention to themselves but once you are their client, you get sub-par treatment.

Only if a person like yourself discloses what happens, do the rest of us learn the truth. So, thank you so much for sharing information we can trust and informed we can decide what to do.