Missouri Department of ConservationAbuse of power

In the past, I have had positive encounters with conservation agents. This year was far from positive. I was accused of shooting a 4 pt. buck and told at least 10 times that I was lying. I have never, and never would shoot a 4 pt buck. The conservation agent, officer Bishop in Shelby county, was abusive accuistory and very rude. And continued to call me and my hunting buddy liars. This completely ruined our hunting trip. I have always abided by the laws and have, in the past, turned in poachers. I will pursue this problem and black eye in the conservation department. This type of badgering and accusations should not be allowed and should be completely illegal. From now on, I will carry a video recorder and record the conversation with the agents as well.

• Pa
    passi36 Jul 02, 2012

I was highly disappointed & ashamed of the instructors that taught the hunter safety class i attended. They talked about one of their friends getting hurt while hunting but none of them new their friends wives name - just his girlfriends name. That was so inappropriate for the youth in the class. I would like to know what kind of background & criminal record checks your do on your joker volunteers!! Because I know the man that just had a write up in the Examiner about what a great youth leader he is. Well that's ### because he never spent that much time with his own family because he was to busy trying impress people so they knew he had no faults. He is an alcoholic, cocaine & meth user, pot smoker & has recently been accused of sexually abusing two young girls. So before I go any further & public about these issues, the conservation department needs to start screening their volunteers soon. I've even known him to try to make meth in his own home. People are not always appear to be what they really are!!

• In
    intheweedsandwoods Feb 11, 2012

I have also run into Agent Bishop. The man has no busness being in a public contact position. Although the Conservation Dept. in our state is top notch in many ways, I have been turned off and totally against any contact with any agents in the future because of him. Agent Bishop likes to two man team hunters with other agents and they play the "good cop bad cop" game. He does more harm in pulic relations than any numbers of MDC programs can correct.