Mintys Sasol Newtowndamage to vehicle by petrol attendant

A Nov 09, 2018

On the 20th October 2018 at 10pm I filled up my company car with Diesel at Sasol, 80 Lillian Ngonyi str. Newtown. The attendant was carrying a large amount of keys on a lanyard and he leaned against the motor vehicle and scratched the vehicle on the side and on the bonnet. The Bonnet Scratches was made when he cleaned the windscreen. I noticed it straight away but was not aware at the time of how deep and horrifying the scratches were. I only noticed it at my home in the flood lights. I called Mr Minty the next day. He said that he was going to check the footage. After a while I was notified by him that the footage shows the problem. He asked me to submit a claim and provide him with the car papers and a letter from the company that they will not make any other claims towards any other insurance. The company provided all the details. On the 7th of November I was notified by Mr Mintys insurance that they will not pay for the claim. I cannot understand why they accepted the fault was theirs, asked for all my documents and now are rejecting the claim. 20 days later! It's now put me in a very difficult situation with my insurance. I did not open a case of damage to my vehicle because Mr Minty said its ok and I did not have to go through all that. Please help as my company is putting the full liability of approximately R15000. for my account. Mr Minty has gone against his word. I have been a regular client at the sasol station in Newtown. I am disgusted with the response that I have received from them.