MiniMaxcharging product

I bought a MiniMax charging unit about 18 months ago to ensure my daughter would never get stranded with a dead battery. I kept it charged, and the first time I tried to use it about 8 months ago as my daughter's battery was dead, it didn't work. I had to call a tow truck. I put it aside for a while and just tried to charge it back up again. I won't charge. Do not buy this product in expectation that it will work or jump start your car. It won't. It just doesn not work. False advertising, and crappy product.