mibbit.comharassers, illlegal stuff, and threatning site

J

ok everything i say is 100% accurate and correct. this site allows hackers, harassers, threatning people, and illegal stuff going on. for example i was just threatened by an admin, of course they do nothing. i have legal proof of this, they allow people to be abused and allow their admins to abuse powers and authority and allow members to be abused. this is a saved chat i saved from talking to them. 18:22 Guest37712 the admins abuse their powers18:22 pottsi unfortuantly that's not our problem p18:41 pottsi your banned 18:41 pottsi im not gonna do anything to stop that. pottsi axod is but i have already explained, opers won't get involved in channel fueds. how is this illegal you say, let's see if you came on an im or a chat room would you like it if someone harassed abused and threatened you? i didn't think so. this site needs to be shut down. they allow let people start fights for no apparent reason at all in which mibbit refuses to acknowledge. i'm looking into getting this site shut down by the ic3.

More mibbit.com Complaints & Reviews

Mibbitian_501 Dec 28, 2015

And another thing to add, I am in support of the complaint written, everything written against the mibbit server is VERY true. only nice op there is db100547.

Mibbitian_501 Dec 28, 2015

I have a complaint about the mibbit server, the ops for one thing are VERY rude. I have encountered problems with Kitsune and molkmin, they are both very rude and abusive, both of them. I was banned from a channel called #computerhope by someone named lostcoast(a very rude chat op) he banned me for absolutely no reason in my opinion and when i took this to mibbits channel they were very rude to me and they have me z-lined and that too for no fault of mine, they never explained why the ban was, they just outright banned me. One day i had an argument with the ops over there and i was ganged up against, this server is very awful and I dont recommend it to anyone, very rude people there and the Mibbit staff should not be called staff, they should be called the Mibbit bullies, because thats what they are. I want strong revenge against Kitsune, he cussed me out in a pm when i asked him a genuine question, I was very mad about that! I'm Daniel, Mibbitian_501 was my nick there, thanks for reading my complaint

Michael Szabo Dec 16, 2011

I cannot comment on how the mibbit server operates there staff however I did wander in the other day and was curious about a mirc skin for the mibbit client. Of course I got treated to idiotic behavior by staff. Asking me what mirc was and I must be using mibbit to connect to the irc server. (As if mibbit was the only IRC client in existence) It's not that I care if there are ###s on a server but this came from staff who are in the #help channel. (maybe they aren't official staff I have no ###ing clue) Either way, I was treated to a host of idiotic people with some kind of staff position. They should consider hiring people with brains and not people who sit on the channels all day acting smug and giving no answers when real questions arise claiming I'm the one in there to troll. Also the mibbit client itself. I'm gonna assume it's a piece of crap because whoever designed must be a piece of crap himself. I'm not sure if that's the same person who hires ops/moderators but if they are not they still probably work somehow closely together or communicate in someway. Maybe not. I don't know. but you'd think the guy who programmed mibbit would have some brains not to let a bunch of ###s okay op when they clearly don't know what the hell they are talking about.

• Gu
    Guitar_man Dec 15, 2011

Well now, I am somewhat bemused by the posters vehement attitude,
    Is true there are rooms where some of the participants are as stated, i myself have suffered similar treatment, but by individuals, not by the room Op's, the only time Op's are "vindictive" is, when someone is being a ### .Guests more often than not, will not accept the conditions or rules of the individual rooms . I see that the solution to that would be, do not visit the room or consider the simple compromise of working within the rooms guidelines.
    So an across the board MIBBIT is "blah blah" is like saying because one dog bit me all dogs should die!
    To qualify my statements i might point out I have been and are an OP in several MIBBIT rooms, and i am a volunteer helper in a computer help room there . Sitting in rooms for over 12 hours per day does give a wee insight into the nature of Guests . There is a broad range of human nature that we see, the large portion of whom are real nice folk who just come and go . A portion who suffer from self insecurity, a group who are brash and arrogant, others who are openly gay, others from Moslem background, I could make a heck of a list . The point i am making is, is that the rantings (misdirected) of someone who was slighted, (or was banned for advertising their own dens of inequity, the very thing the poster is claiming MIBBIT to be ) are a big pile of bull pucky and any that even entertain the thought that MIBBIT is dirty, should look at their own motives for saying so. Guitar_man

• Ha
    Havvy Jun 05, 2011

My nick on irc.mibbit.net is Havvy. I am an IRC OP there. That means I'm biased, right? Well, I'm also an ethical person. If Mibbit.com was doing something illegal by nature, I would leave. But in the three years I've been there, I have not seen any instance of fraud by those considered staff.

It might help to explain what Mibbit is. Mibbit is a combination of a web-irc client and an IRC Server. Because we are a web-irc client, and we allow anybody to embed the client as a widget onto their website pointing to an arbitrary IRC channel on an arbitrary IRC server. As such, as far as the web-irc client part of Mibbit goes, we have absolutely no control over what people receive through the client. This may lead to hatred misdirected towards the Mibbit client.

Also, to quote joe: "1. Show Respect - Any form of harassment/flaming towards other users is not tolerated. Do not trick other users into performing acts which may violate a rule or cause an undesired effect. Do not attempt to escape punishment or rudely disrespect channel operators. Show respect and do not beg staff for an operator position. Also, insulting another player's playing ability is NOT tolerated and you will be banned."

This rule is not a rule of irc.Mibbit.net, the IRC Server side of Mibbit. This is a rule of the channel, which may or may not be on irc.Mibbit.net. Because we are a general irc server, the operators of irc.Mibbit.net do not meddle in channel affairs, which the above is. There are technical ways of ignoring people, called 'silence' and 'ignore' and in channels, there is 'banning' and 'kicking' and 'muting'. In this user's case, he was banned from a channel by an operator. Since channels are first come first take, and channel owners can have arbitrary rules for who can be banned, nothing against irc.Mibbit.net policy. IRC OPs cannot be in every channel, nor do we want to be overbearing.

If you are blaming Mibbit for your hatred, you might as well blame your ISP, browser, and operating system for also making it possible to connect to the people that committed action against you.

joe6425 Dec 05, 2010

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE AND AVOID AT ALL COST.

joe6425 Dec 05, 2010

I HTE MIBBIT ALSO, I HATE HOE THEY DO THAT TO INNICENT PEOPLES LIVES

Jovan Ptahlad Nov 13, 2010

mibbit is a bunch of bullies... that i aggree upon... all the other stuff idk about that... IRC.mibbit.com is bad bad bad... The admins are not friendly or nice... and the people that commented on this are admins of Mibbit!! Of course there gonna go for what they work for then a forum... I HATE MIBBIT!

joe6425 Jun 22, 2010

stay away and avoid at all cost.

joe6425 Jun 09, 2010

and without any customers their wouldn't be a mibbit would their mibbit? the ops have no lives whatsoever, they could care less if you were a human being or not. they also try and start fights with you, and do the worse jobs of doing their ACTUAL JOB, bet they don't get paid either. you call that a job? let me explain to you A REAL JOB. IT IS WHERE THE WORKERS ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS, GET PAID, NOT ONLINE CHATTING IN A CHAT ROOM. they also allow harassment, cyber bullies, and threats on their site, as proven above. they also encourage others to break their own rules. i hope they get shut down. i say boycott mibbit and stay away and avoid at all cost.

joe6425 May 03, 2010

heres a chat i saved where the member harasses me, and the ops hate everyone on the chat and forums, also rule # 1 on their site says,

13:53 pkmntrainergrant the ###?
    13:53 pkmntrainergrant what is your problem you randy piece of ###
    13:53 scn11r you starting fights
    13:53 pkmntrainergrant lol?
    13:53 pkmntrainergrant what?
    13:54 scn11r goodbye
    13:54 pkmntrainergrant lol okay ###
    13:55 scn11r how is this funny?
    13:55 pkmntrainergrant because you're a randy piece of ###
    13:55 pkmntrainergrant starting ### for no reason
    13:55 pkmntrainergrant so..
    13:55 pkmntrainergrant why wouldn't I find it hilarious
    13:56 scn11r NO YOU ARE YOU STARTED IT BECAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE
    13:56 scn11r IN AS GAME
    13:56 pkmntrainergrant lol
    13:56 scn11r IT'S A GAME GET OVER YOURSELF
    13:56 pkmntrainergrant so you started it then?
    13:56 pkmntrainergrant because you're terrible at yugioh
    13:56 pkmntrainergrant and accepted my request when I said not to be terrible
    13:57 pkmntrainergrant sounds reasonable!
    13:57 scn11r it'an online game
    13:57 scn11r it's A GAME
    13:57 scn11r MEANT FOR FUN
    13:57 pkmntrainergrant and yet you obviously take it seriously enough
    13:57 pkmntrainergrant to harass me
    13:57 pkmntrainergrant when I insult your skill at it
    13:57 pkmntrainergrant lol?
    13:57 pkmntrainergrant sounds logical!
    13:58 scn11r so why take the game sooooooooooo serriously?
    13:59 scn11r and why ruin everyones fun and day?
    13:59 pkmntrainergrant lol?
    13:59 pkmntrainergrant you didn't have to play me
    13:59 pkmntrainergrant you ignorant piece of ###
    13:59 scn11r so why take the game sooooooooooo serriously?
    13:59 pkmntrainergrant later ###
    13:59 scn11r why ruin everyones fun and day?
    13:59 pkmntrainergrant also
    14:00 scn11r you don't even know me
    14:00 pkmntrainergrant do you not see the irony in this
    14:00 pkmntrainergrant you ignorant piece of ###
    14:00 scn11r chances are we will never meet
    14:02 scn11r ever thought of this i could've pressed the wrong button?

joe6425 Apr 12, 2010

it's alled INTERNET HARASSMENT, AND CYBERBULLYING, i'm not worried because jesus christ will eventually FORCE YOU BANKRUPT AND YOU WILL BE FORCED TO SHUT DOWN, and i'll be up here laughing that you got shut down. don't you know that GOOD ALWAYS WINS VS EVIL?

joe6425 Jan 21, 2010

i'm the real victim they're the liars.

joe6425 Jan 21, 2010

lies all lies, don't believe him

NotYourFathersAOL Jan 21, 2010

This user has placed this complaint with no facts or details and therefore is totally without merit. We run IRC networks. He was a guest using our services. He used extraordinary language to post on this forum of yours, so I would say that he is a poor representation of the fine work you do here.

Simply put, he was "banned" from a chat channel and/or network, and he feels that this is "abuse" and we are harassing him, and we have no right to do such a thing, as it is illegal and against his first amendment rights. Really?

Threaten to turn us in to the ic3 (who handles internet crime and fraud). What crime did we perpetuate on you? How have we defrauded you?

Claims that we harbor "hackers, harassers, threatening people, and illegal stuff" Really? Have you provided any proof of this? No, you never did.

Claims our admins "abuse powers and authority". Really? Seems the owner has given us the power and authority. Where was the proof of this egregious breach of authority? Oh, that is because you wanted us to intervene and set some other IRC network to remove your ban.

Threaten to turn us in to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Just what business were you engaged in with us?

Claims that channel and server bans illegal under his First Amendment Right (a US document). "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" Hmm, and just how does this apply to us? What government body do you think we are?

Claims that we provide unsatisfactory customer service. You are a customer of ours? Paid up in good standing? Why didn't you say so. Here you are connecting to our servers with the user name of anonymous each time, never signing in (though, your IP never seems to change much from locations in your town.). Next time, please sign on with your Paid user account, so that we can treat you with more respect next time.

Then you got belligerent: "i hope those terrorist attack ther uk agan and you guys are the vicdtims". Really now. You wish us harm at the hands of terrorists?

and they violate your 1st admendment rights, STAY AWAY AND AVOID AT ALL COST

• Ka
    Kazuto Jan 20, 2010

I'm a mod on Mibbit and this complaint is completely false. We do not abuse our power or authority; we run it how we see fit. If the person got banned for whatever reason, they have no say in how we run the server. The part about the "hackers, harassers, threatening people, and illegal stuff" is totally baseless and have no evidence of such. Without description of a time and date or channel name, we have no record of where this happened

I wholly disagree with said complaint.