M&I BankTerrible customer service

We have a loan through M&I Bank. We missed a payment were trying to get caught up. Every time we called in, we were told that the car was going to be picked up. These people are worse than credit collectors or telemarketers! They WILL NOT let you get off of the phone. WARNING: Do NOT do business with M&I Bank! They treat you like garbage at the drop of a hat and try to manipulate you over the phone.

Joe Chesley Feb 10, 2009

Mr. McCain I just wanted to drop you a line on my experience with an issue with M&I Banking.
    To start, I won a drywall contract last year with Kitchell Custom Homes To do the drywall for a custom home being built for Jake Vofkuho a NBA basketball player. The contract amount was $70, 000.00 which is huge amount for a small contractor like myself, J.C Contracting Of Arizona Inc.I got started with the job in Nov.confident all the financing was secure with M&I Banking. After the job was complete I submitted 3 bills totaling $70, 000. 1st bill submitted in Dec.during mid stream M&I had told Kitchel Const. they were no longer covering the loan. So with that being said I feel M&I left J.C Contracting hung out to dry and go out of Business. I’m real disappointed knowing a bank like this was a big contributor to the problems we have today, with giving irresponsible loans out of greed then making the whole problem worse by not loaning out of fear, and not loaning out of knowledge of the business. Then causing a small business to go broke because they wanted to rethink the loan after I have completed $70, 000.00 worth of work. If M&I Banking feels this is the right way of doing business they could have hired a drunk monkey to run it. After this experience with this bank I certainly hope my tax dollar won't be going to bail them out when my employee and myself will be standing in the unemployment line. If you could help me out please give me a call. By the way I did vote for the more experience candidate who I felt was yourself.

• Me
    Melissa Fields May 06, 2009

This bank is awful I made a few late payments and they charge way too much for late payments, I was told my loan pay off amount was 92.00 dollars which I paid, they are now saying I owe another 92.00 something in late fees and the rest of my march payment they are saying they did not recieve an April payment, they are ridiculous. I am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau.

madcustomer911 Nov 23, 2009

Stay away from M&I Bank! They are the worst bank you could have have the unfortunate luck to deal with. They are super nice and so sweet when they want your business and money and they Lie Lie Lie about all the details of the loan and account. By the time you find out, it is almost too late, They continue to lie to you, hide their tracks and send you from department to department "acting" like the good guys. Then they return you payments you made on your mortage and say that you didn't pay! They should all go to jail for Rakateering. They do this scam to people, sell their notes in bundles then lie to you, don't want to correct their errors and deny any fault when in actuality, THEY HAVE PLANNEED IT ALL ALONG. YOU ARE JUST A VICTIM OF A very sad scam they do to families to steal you money and illegally foreclose on you.

Stay away from M&I Bank!

• De
    Deandra Dec 15, 2009

I've been a customer with M&I bank for 18 years...the people who pay bills late or miss mortgage payments will have trouble with any bank they do business with. I've always got good service.
    Pay your bills & you won't have any problems!!!

• Sw
    Swan12 Jan 22, 2010

Agree wholeheartedly. Was also were cheated out of unnecessary fee refunds. This bank has NO CONCERN for it's customers. Only their money! DO NOT attempt to work with this bank in any manner. Your accounts will be abused and customer service is absolutely one sided! District manger for Phoenix area Jim Jenson has no concern for helping customers only bank policies designed to deny customer's fair treatment.

• Me
    memyselfandI5193 Feb 12, 2010

I had a loan for my vehicle thru m&I. They were ok until I traded that tvehicle in. MY new one goes thru another bank. Well since the loan w m&I was paid they CONTINUE to take MY money out. I had auto pay. The dealer claims I will get this money shortly. Well I've had my new vehicle for a month now & they just took a payment out! I guess you can't expect much from this country!

• Az
    AzCityGirl Aug 26, 2010

I used to work for M&I Bank. I can tell you that some loans by our mortgage banker were "Liar Loans" and contained appraisal fraud. He no longer works for M&I Bank but one of those customers is now going into foreclosure even though he has tried since January to work with them to get a loan mod. He doesn't need much - just a little rate reduction in order to get him through this upside down market. He owes $750k when the home is only worth $350k. I know that sounds like a lot but when you think of what $350k would have bought in 2007, compared to today...well, you get the picture. The bank is insisting on a short-sale for $350k, and this guy is willing to do a loan mod for $600k AND THEY WON'T DO IT!!! Why are they insisting on losing $250k? I'll tell you why, write off of bad debt! This guy has written Senator McCain but you know how that goes. The house will be foreclosed and falling apart by the time any of our representatives get around to doing anything about it. He too has paid double payments, late fees, called, written, called & written...no phone calls back except to ask when he's going to pay; no emails, no help. And to those of you who say, "Make your payments then you won't be in trouble."; this guy was until they told him they would do nothing for him. By the way, he got into trouble while he was activated - serving our country - that includes M&I Bank. While activated, his income was cut tremendously, his family lived off of credit because his wife lost her job and now he gets no help!!! It sickens me to know that our countrymen/bankers act as if we are their enemy! I agree with all of you - stay away from M&I! Better yet, go back to cash and say to hell with all of the bankers.

NO 2 m&i Jun 13, 2011

transaction in process--transaction in process--transaction in process--transaction in process..."OOPS" OVERDRAWN NOW YOU OWE US $45.00 OVERDRAFT FEE..
    Sound familiar to anyone? This bank sucks S__t!!!
    Never gonna work with anyone but a credit union again. Wishing i would have not switched to M&M in the first place!!!
    they SUCK!!!

• Je
    jeanzarz Jul 05, 2011

We are selling our house, agreement purchase has been signed but are waiting on M & I to decide what we have to pay them since we are doing a Short sale which they are not happy about. They have a 2nd mortgage on our home which totals about $11, 500.00 and according to the HAFA program the most they will get is $6, 000.00. We have sent them many many documents and I have sent emails to the person everything was sent to for what the turnaround time would be & still have heard nothing. I have been unemployed now for a year and that will be running out soon. Not sure why they treat people like this especially when they say if you have any questions to call or write. Good on paper but not the real world since no one calls you back or answers your email. We could end up not selling our home since they are dragging their feet. My husband & I are both under doctors care at this time due to all the stress this has caused and all the delays. We had to sell eveything that we owned so we could move out of our home and to pay for moving and since all that we had we couldn't take with and had to buy furniture to fit our apartment. All these banks keep getting help but when tax payers need help where is it???????

• Ha
    Hareshm Aug 25, 2014

I am a senior citizen and lost my lively hood and life saving due to fraud and conspiracy committed by M & I bank and a real estate developer in Phoenix Arizona. I lost my low suite against M & I Bank and the developer. I appealed the superior courts judgement in the Appeals court (represented my self in the Arizona Appeals Court) and the Appeals Court upheld my Appeal and now the case is sent back to superior court. I am tired and don't know how to fight BMO bank with deep pockets. Need help.

Marion Maragh Aug 28, 2014

I am a victim to the torture and disappointment that consumer experience from M&I aka BMO Bank going almost 7years, with no response (not even to an Attorney)

• Us
    Us Uncut Jul 14, 2016

You Got Bailed Out, We Got Sold Out.” Enjoying record profits and taxpayer-funded bailouts as
    the economy slowly recovers from a financial crisis, nearly two-thirds of US corporations don't
    pay any income taxes, instead opting to abuse tax loopholes and offshore tax havens. M&I Bank
    received $1.75 billion from the Bush Administration's TARP Bail out. According to this study
    from the non-partisan Government Accountability Office, 83 of the top 100 publicly traded
    corporations that operate in the US exploit corporate tax havens. Tax havens alone account for
    up to $1 trillion in tax revenue lost every decade, money that could be invested in K-12 education,
    colleges, public health, job creation and hundreds of other worthy public programs. Now M&I
    pays their top executives tens of millions of dollars in bonuses and contributed to Gov. Scott
    Walker’s campaign. It’s time for ordinary Americans to fight back and demand an end to the
    corporate tax avoidance. Join US Uncut and together let's make corporate tax avoiders pay.