MGM Resorts Internationalluxor las vegas

MGM should be ashamed of themselves for the condition of this hotel. My husband and I recently stayed at the Luxor from October 3-6 for our wedding anniversary. Let's start with check in, we stood in line for a while with our luggage to only be "greeted" by an employee who says, "what you want to check-in?" Well we were in the check in line with our luggage as were several other people. She than begin to tell us that it was too early for that and we'd need to come back. My husband explained that we understood that but were hoping to leave our bags at the hotel. We found the bag drop area and left to eat breakfast. When we came back we stood in the cell phone check in line and then an employee walked up to us and asked if we checked in online. My husband said yes and that he was downloading the MGM app. She then takes his phone out of his hands and says, "show me your email". He exits out of the app and shows her the email that she confirms is cell phone check in. We proceed to get back in line and she tells us that we cannot get back in line until we've downloaded the app (the same app we were in the process of downloading before she grabbed his phone out of his hands and demanded to see the email). Meanwhile people are getting in line (puttting us further back from getting our room keys. Once we finally were assigned a room and headed that way we were further disappointed. The hallways were dirty, the ceilings were dirty. When we got to our room, their was a misisng lightbulb in the light fixture, paint peeling from the wall and parts of the ceiling were hanging down. I stood on the bed to try and capture photos of the ceiling only to find trash on top of the wardrobe. The shower looked like it was badly in need of some CLR and/or a water softener. On top of all of this we could smell smoke from the casino and hear the music. I went to complain and was told that the hotel was completely booked but that we could receive an upgrade to a remodeled pyramid queen room the next day. We did this, and even the elevators looked nicer. The problem was that they were noisy and leaned as they ran, every time I was on one myself and the other passengers were fearful of getting stuck or hurt. On our last day we at at the buffet and could even smell smoke from the casino down there (for poeple who dont' smoke that's very disturbing to smell while eating a meal).I rented a cabana at the pool which was nice, the only problem out there was every now and again it smelled of trash. The bottom line is this, people pay way too much money to come to Las Vegas, MGM Resorts should heavily consider a large overhaul of this hotel.

As