Mercedes Independent School DistrictWages

M

I have been working for the Mercedes Independent School district for 4 years. During this time I have been discriminated upon by the director of transportation Mr. Adan Vallejo, for some unknown reason. The discrimination I am referring to, is that on many occasions other personnel have been allowed to clock in for so many hours, but I have been denied this. Also as a permanent bus driver, during the meetings that started this school year, I was not paid hourly wages of a bus driver, but as a maintenance person. The rest of the people were allowed to claim hourly wages of bus driving, since the minutes pertained to bus driving duties, such as safety, etc. Mr Vallejo, has not had the courtesy to explain to me why I am singled out for this discrepancies. I do not wish to stir trouble for the school district, however, I feel that what is fair for one should be fair for everyone. At one point I contacted a school board member, because I felt that rotation on trips, which pay more, was not fair. I was given 1 trip every ten or more times in between, while other drivers, rotated according to the list. I hope, that I can find a way to solve my problem, since I am now living under the poverty level. Social Security was giving me disability since around the year 2000, however, when I started working with school district, they said I was over the limit, and was taken away. I presently have no benefits whatsoever, and this puts an extra burden on me. I realize this has nothing to do with my complaint, however I wished to clarify all the aspects of this problem, and why I need to have this matter looked into. Thank you in advance for any help or advise you can give me. I also would like to state that I did follow chain of command, and also went to see the Superitendant, but to no avail.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices