Memorial Hermann Health Systemlab billing

R Dec 10, 2019

We have used Memorial Hermann Labs over the past 9 months. 4 out of 4 of our labs bills were misfiled. We gave ID and Insurance card at the time of service. However, MH failed to properly file the claim - mistakes include using the wrong patient name, billing the wrong insurance, wrong subscriber, wrong Id numbers... I have gotten 2 bills corrected - one even had to be resubmitted twice even though MH billing had all the correct information. I am still trying to get two of our bills properly processed - it has been 9 MONTHS!!! Still no results. After months of phone calls, of which in the later months I have escalated to dealing only with supervisors I am still not getting any results. I am told "It takes time. Accounts are pending adjustment." I began dealing with supervisors 3 months ago!! Customer service is so poor that I am not getting calls back from supervisors. My insurance has even conference called with MH billing and is stunned at why they can not get my claims properly filed.
My best advice is NEVER use Memorial Herman Labs. Their own supervisors even conceded to me that their billing is a mess.

I tried calling Memorial Herman main number today to file a formal grievance about billing. After speaking with 5 employees - all of which had no idea where to direct my call, I was forced to leave a message with an employee who may not even deal with this.

MH Labs are a prime example of an organization that is grossly incompetent and either does not care or does not have the ability to properly run their business.

I URGE YOU TO USE QUEST OR LABCORP. NEVER NEVER USE MH - YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT WILL COST YOU IN THE END DUE TO THEIR MISTAKES

• St
    STLyons Feb 18, 2020

I have a similar issue. I went in for an annual physical and they did a Vitamin D test that I did not request. Insurance won't pay it due to the diaganosis code.
    This is a $101 lab test, the most expensive one on the bill and it is not covered. If they run 50 people through that lab in a day with just one test that is not covered, they collect a full $5, 000 a day for tests that were not requested or unnecessary. It's not right. Very sick or older patients may not understand their bills or know that they can question it.
    I have spent 1 1/2 hours on phone calls where they promise to contact the doctor or the lab and call me back, but they do not. I got another email this morning saying that I need to pay my bill or it goes to collections. The billing department is giving me the run-around and sending me back to the person that I called in January. I will fill a complaint with Memorial Hermann Health Solutions 7737 SW Frwy C-97, Houston, TX 77074 Attn: Complaints and see if I get resolution.