Mel S Harris & AssociatesJudgement without due process

B

To my great surprise I was sued and now my wages are being garnished. Apparently the laws of this country does not apply to Mr Harris & Co. I got no notice of the debt, no summons and no opportunity to defend myself. The only notification was when I received a notice from my job that my wages were being garnished. Upon doing some research I discovered that both Mel S Harris and Ronald Moses the so call marshal are related parties.
I cannot believe that court system does not know or realize that every case put forward by Mel Harris...the defendant does not show up...That's because he/she does not. Something needs to be done. Anyone who has been conned by Mr Harris... Needs to take themselves directly to the court where judgement was given and Ask for a motion for cause...Don't let them get you.

• De
    Dee Nov 11, 2008

THIS COMPANY MUST GO.
    They did the same thing to me, without Notice. They did it one month after I was unemployed and told me to go get unemployment and will not tell me now much I owe.

I need help

• Ki
    Kim Nov 12, 2008

My bank account was frozen by them. They tried to take $10K from my $1K paycheck. This happend 2 days before my son's Bday - They also sent me a Judgement (It was Phony)!!!

• Ed
    ED Nov 22, 2008

MEL HARRIS AND HIS PALS ARE A GIANT BUNCH OF TURDS! THEY ARE ROTTEN TO THE CORE!

joe Nov 22, 2008

MEL HARRIS AND HIS PALS ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS! THEY ARE ROTTEN AND EVIL!

• Ho
    howard Nov 22, 2008

MEL HARRIS IS THE BIGGEST CROOK IN NEW YORK STATE! HE AND HIS EVIL CRONIES MUST BE STOPPED!

• Me
    Mel82nd Nov 22, 2008

YOU CAN STOP ME! I WILL GET ALL YOUR MONEY! HA HA HA! HA HA HA!

• Si
    Siva Nov 25, 2008

Ok folks so what are we DOING about this? Has anyone tried reporting the firm and the specific attorney who signed the bogus papers to the Bar Association...the attorney generals office? How about Department of consumer affairs or the FTC. As for the immediate concern of garnishments and seized accounts. You need to go to the court house and file an Order to Show Cause. This basically says you want the default judgment vacated. You'll need a reason to have this done (usually phoney service is good enough) and a defense (i.e. the debt was paid. The amount was incorrect etc.) Have paperwork to back this up. If you don't have it yourself, try the original creditor or in the case of paid debts, whoever you paid it to. If the creditor is uncooperative, you should be able to subpoena the records due to the impending case. If you can't afford a lawyer to rep you, try to at least get one or two office consults or speak with a legal aid attorney to get your case straight and get help with any forms. DO NOT give them any voluntary payments if you claim the debt is false or you will get stuck with it anyway. Don't just ### people, FIGHT! And for God's sake post your results so we can band together with the methods that work against these punks!

• Si
    Siva Dec 02, 2008

You guys, read my comments under the complaint titled "mel harris and associates" on this site. Too long to repost here. This will get you started and get you control of your money back!

Janron Jul 31, 2009

I totally agree with all the complaints, it is unfortunate that all that is being done is the matter goes to court and the judge allows these people to get away with their scams. I have fought down to the end and kept going to court for a whole year hoping that the judge would just throw it out because of the fact that they lied and said that they served me. They claimed that they gave it to my co-tenant. I don't have a co-tenant and just for the fact that they got a judgement under fraudulant practices the issue should be thrown out but try explaining to the judges they don't care. Everybody have to get together and fight the system. they are not on our side.

• Da
    Dana Singer Jan 14, 2011

I had a judgment filed against me and my account frozen with out due process. It has affected my credit and business life. I would like to join the class action lawsuit. Need help in doing so.
    Dana

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices