Medicus/Golf DriverCharging for items that were returned

J

I believe that this company is definitely a scam. The website is not clear. We purchased two (2) Medicus 460CC Dual-Hinge Drivers thinking that the price was $39.95 per club and no shipping charges. For some reason, I went on their website again to look up something and noticed that the club was $39.95 plus (3) additional payments. I called Medicus the next day to cancel one (1) of the clubs. Instead of cancelling the second club they kept that order and created another order. We finally received a package which contained four clubs, which we did not order. I called Medicus to find out how to handle the return. They said to just return it to sender which we did. The 1st package was sent out UPS and the package with four (4) clubs was sent out US Mail. There were charges on my charge card from the day I ordered on April 22, 2009 and they continued to charge our card until April 27. ($119.81) Today, I look at my charge card and was charged again. This company needs to be shut down. They will not refund my money and I have nothing for it. All clubs are in their possession. I am not working with my charge card company. Would highly recommend not doing business with them.

• Ta
    takenbymedicus Feb 23, 2010

Same complaint, they use the old bait and switch tactic. DIRTY!!! I am gonna suck up the loss and move on. Just be prepared to PAY PAY PAY if you order from this site. They play dumb when you call customer service and if you have nothing in writing or proof of anything say bye bye to your money.

I will never purchase something from Medicus again. The feeling of being suckered into something will never go away.

• Dl
    dleanhar Feb 08, 2011

Beware, they will try to charge your card again in a few years telling you that you never cancelled even though you actually did cancel and actually never signed up the first time.

This company comes back years later and begins charging your card again. We purchased the Medicus Clubs in 2008 and were signed up for the trial membership without knowing it. Because we returned one of the clubs that arrived broken and did not get our refund we called Medicus. Finally, they posted our refund but at the same time we got billed for the membership. We then called to cancel it also.

In November of 2010 they began charging our card again $9.94 /month. We discovered the four months worth of charges in Janurary 2011. Call toll free number [protected]) on our credit card statement which was for a RMC company out of Vista CA. RMC stands for Response Management Company and they do business for Medicus. Again a person named Brian said he would cancel my membership and gave me a cancellation number. I don't trust them so I have put a permanent block on my credit card for all charges from this company.

Based on all the comments on this site, I would think some lawyer would seek membership for a class action against Medicus. The first membership thing is a scam but the charges that occur years later are fraudulent.

• Ol
    oleanderson Jul 29, 2011

Beware is the correct word. They are everything as explained in the other comments. I ordered one thing from Medicus and all of a sudden I was getting monthly charges from another company call Tour Partners, or Golf Essentials (who they say are an affiliate). Very hard to get the monthly charges canceled. Be very very careful.

• Ck
    ckid Sep 07, 2011

I dealt with this company as well. Website is very deceptive with its small print.
    You may want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for its shady practices. The more complaints the FTC receives, the better case they can build against this company. This company needs to be shut down

• Ca
    CastleW May 02, 2012

Unfortunately I recently ordered a swing meter from them and have been a victim of the bait and switch. I was told 3 payments of $19.95 after a 30 day trial period that I started with a payment of $9.95. Now four months later I have been charged $9.95 three times and $39.90 three times. I called them today and they told me I was beyond my 60 day money back guarantee. I have returned the items and will file a dispute with my credit card and am also going to file a complaint with the FTC.

• Da
    Davdub Dec 13, 2013

Definitely a scam factory. I ordered a video from them, which I got, but then in each of the 3 subsequent months there were 3 additional charges totaling about $50 per month. My credit card company's fraud division dealt with them and blocked further charges. DO NOT give these butt heads your credit card number for any reason.

• Bi
    BigDocTN Apr 28, 2014

I didn't even place an order, but there is a charge on my card for $39.95 today. This is peer BS, and something needs to be done. I am going to place a call to the CA attorney General, and see if there is anything they can do.

• Ev
    EvansCrash Apr 13, 2015

I purchased the medicus driver and the 5 iron. Waited 2 weeks and called and they said to expect the product to be delivered in 5-15 days. A month after the purchase i call the 800 number in my invoice and was required to go through a series of other sales scam press 1 for a trip to bahama style 5 minutes later they say the 800 number has been changed and they give me another one which is connected to another sales scam for a cable tv purchas. Looked at my credit card bill and found $90 in fraudulent charges and called the bank to cxl the card.