McLarty Ford Motor Companyservice to a corporate fleet truck

W Aug 14, 2018

On or about July 18, 2018 I brought my F4 50 bucket truck, Windstream, in for service. The truck was starting to shake at 55 to 60 mile an hour. I live in Buffalo Texas. This was happening in Texarkana Texas where I am currently working temporarily. I explained that I needed my truck to be looked at or worked on and to not be sitting around. They put that on the paperwork. They assigned me to Andy Knighton, a "service advisor"
When I met Andy I could read on the paper where it had my notes about needing access to work in the truck if it wasn't being actively serviced. I began to tell Andy how important it was because I was out of town working and I wanted to stay productive and his comment to me was:

"well, everybody's in a hurry bud"

This did not strike me well or professional at all. As if he was insinuating that I was saying I was more important than everybody else. In fact, I had a special circumstance and do not feel it was out of line for me to reiterate my circumstance. It was more out of line for him to speak to me in this manner. I told him that I was not in a hurry that I just needed to be productive in my truck.

After 3 hours of waiting Andy told me my front end parts were loose and that he would need to order the parts and get with element . That he would call me when the parts are in and I could come in and get the work done.

After a week I had not received a call from Andy.
I called up to the dealership and the gal at the front said she would give a message to the service manager Bob Piercy to call me back.
I explained to her on the phone that I did not want to speak to a service advisor in particular Andy, and that I wanted a manager or supervisor to call me to handle the issue.
Bob Pierce never called me back. I have not spoken to him ever about this and he is the manager over that service department .

After almost another week I went into the dealership and got Tina Grimes information off of the board in the customer waiting area where it says specifically that if you have any concern about your service please contact her and they will find a way to make it right . she is the customer relations coordinator.

I ended up speaking to her that day in her office on Aug 3, 2018 and she said she would get to the bottom of it. Andy called me that same day and set up a appointment for that coming Monday.

I brought my truck in Monday morning to leave it with McLarty. Andy was absent that day. After waiting around for 30 minutes someone approached me and asked if I'd been helped and I told him what was happening and he said andy wasn't there today and that he was sorry and would gladly take care of it. He did.

I did not hear from anyone so I called McLarty around 1pm and they told me that the truck was just now going back to be worked on and that it would be a few hours.

They called around 4pm and said it was finished and all was good so I went and picked it up.

I drove it out to the freeway and got up to speed and it was still shaking. I was angry at this point. I decided I better not go back there or call while I was angry. I also decided that I would not let them work on my truck anymore.
On August 7, 2018 Tina Grimes contacted me by text and asked how my service was and I told her it wasn't fixed and the details. She apologized and then said Service had left for the day and she would check with them in the morning and get back with me.

Today is August 14, 2018 and I have not heard from Tina Grimes yet. This Ford dealership has a very poor service department and customer relations. I've spoken to other Windstream technicians and one of them said he had the same exact problem with Andy not calling him back not letting him know anything and then keeping his truck too long. It seems like when you call down there and start ruffling feathers things get done and magically they are there and ready to work on your truck or get it finished. today is August 14, 2018 and I have not heard from Tina Grimes yet. This Ford dealership has a very poor service department and customer relations. I've spoken to other Windstream technicians and one of them said he had the same exact problem with Andy not calling him back not letting him know anything and then keeping his truck too long. It seems like when you call down there and start ruffling feathers things get done and magically they are there and ready to work on your truck or get it finished.

I don't expect anything will come of this complaint. I do Know that if I was the owner of that dealership people would be getting re-trained and or fired.

I will not be taking my truck back to that dealership.

Very sincerely,
Wayne Mosley
[protected]

service to a corporate fleet truck