McDonald'sthe staff, the unbelievable wait time, my order is never right.

R Jun 30, 2019 Review updated:

The Johnson City, Tn. McDonalds's owned/operated by Jim Davis consistently makes mistakes and I am tired of it at this point. I have held my tongue for months. The wait time going through the drive thru is beyond ridiculous because they are always in there laughing and joking with one another instead of trying to provide a service I paid for, when they're actually at the paying window, I have time to read every sticker/decal on the windows multiple times before paying or getting my food. Majority (not all) of his staff is completely rude but all of that is fine because the three in Johnson City Jim Davis owns are all "short staffed" and that is why it takes so long or that is what I have been told each time I ask. I find that very hard to believe. I work by myself at my job that does involve more physical work and I can have everything done before they can and I'm in busy season. I will say, they normally hand me the correct food...normally. However, does your McDonalds's keep Diet Coke on hand? Because I'm very consistently given Dr. Pepper from all three locations...I don't want the sugar content in Dr. Pepper/Coke; it feels like I'm drinking syrup. I've gotten to the point I double check at the drive thru, payment window, and food receiving window they lie to me telling me it is Diet Coke when in fact it is not. In my mind this shows that your employees do not pay attention and/or there is horrible management. I'm not going there for the five star treatment. I just want my food in a timely manner, what I order to be correct, not sit in line for 15 minutes with two cars in front of me...TWO for 15 minutes, and employees that actually do their job. There was once I waited 20, but I forgave that because they needed to make my food "FRESH".
Because I have given YOU and JIM DAVIS my business, I also expect to be at work on time (FAST FOOD). I can go to Waffle House and get my food quicker and my order right faster than going to McDonalds's. I will admit I did get a tad rude with a lady at the window; my frustration is understandable.
Also, I could be wrong, but I think there are health violations. When I have time to go BACK into the line, again, to tell them they messed up, they take the drink that I have stuck a straw in and drank out of through the window itself. I really hope that is not a health hazard.
One more thing, make sure you actually offer the food you have on the menu at the drive thru. I ordered a Southern Style Chicken Sandwich (Bun, crispy chicken, and pickles) for them to tell me they couldn't make it, but its on the menu.
As I said, I have held my tongue in long enough. These issues need to be fixed and the problems I have had are beyond ridiculous.
I expect these problems to be fixed.

• Updated by Rachel2610 · Jul 22, 2019

SubSquirrel, you should consider someone’s physical ability before making the comment you did- this does not apply to me most days but other’s may not be able to get out of the car.
    I have never been employed at McDonald’s...his name is posted on every window.

I made this complaint hoping that their service would at least improve. I did not post this to argue with someone. The responses you have given seems to be you just want an argument. I’m not going to give you that satisfaction.

The people I train if or when they mess up, I look at both sides. I expect them to improve their knowledge and create a great experience for the customer. Why not always try to improve?

As for the person who brought my mother into this, that’s completely off subject and uncalled for and just not something you say to someone.
    By the way, she raised me very well.

You guys just want to argue and (as I said) I won’t give you that satisfaction...I made a complaint on a complaint board.

• Updated by Rachel2610 · Jul 23, 2019

Actually, I do have a disability which has required surgeries, ICU, many hospital stays, physical therapy too many times to count, and a lot of medicines since I was 14. Have you laid in a parking lot in the pouring rain waiting for the ambulance to get to you? You may have, I don’t know. I will be this way for the rest of my life. I can’t change it and neither can the doctors and I’m not looking for sympathy. I didn’t feel I needed to bring my health up.

I’m not what’s wrong with this country. I simply made the statement that not everyone is able to get off their butt and walk in. It’s a true, general statement that was not aimed at anyone in particular.

Everyone wants to argue...that’s what’s wrong with this country. I’m done.

• Updated by Rachel2610 · Jul 23, 2019

P.S. This is about McDonald’s and their mistakes, nothing else. It’s a COMPlAINT BOARD; not an ARGUMENT BOARD.

• Updated by Rachel2610 · Jul 23, 2019

Mmm, nah, it’s not worth my time. Also, you’re the one that said if I had a disability I should mention it here, so I did. So, don’t tell me to cry a river when you said I should mention my disability.

I truly hope you have a wonderful life. God Bless and goodbye =).

• Updated by Rachel2610 · Jul 23, 2019

“If you are physically disabled you should mention it here.“

Just in case you forgot that was part of your reply.

Goodbye.

Um is not an answer!
    ”Wah wah wah, Rachel! Cry us a river!”

Me? After your comment? You told me to mention my disability, then when I do (over a McDonald’s complaint) tell me to cry a river about it? You really just crapped on someone who’s disabled and their disability that you know nothing about. You said in a smarty pants manner to cry over my disability...that actually does happen to some people when they’re alone; that’s their coping mechanism. I know a few people who do it. You don’t get to say one word about how they feel or how they handle themselves.

Quit acting like you get to speak for everyone, everyone is different and everyone’s story is different.

I’m sorry, but you don’t speak for everyone. I know that you put people down and from the bottom of my heart, I hope you as a person are not like this towards anyone else.

Just stop, please.

• Updated by Rachel2610 · Jul 23, 2019

NOT EVERYONE IS YOU. EVERYONE SEES THE WORLD DiFFERENT. YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR EVERYONE. As I said, I don’t want sympathy. Go back and read it. You’re choosing to almost make fun of me for it. I told a tiny tad of my story and you choose to criticize it AFTER YOU ASKED ME. I’m going to repeat this AFTER YOU ASKED ME. Don’t ask if you don’t want a response or the response is not to your liking.

Do you know how I felt that day? No, because you’re not me. You’re not me in anyway and I’m not you. I would never tell you to cry me a river for something you can’t help, ever. I would never say that to anyone. I have more respect for someone than that.

And again I will say YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR EVERYONE. Just stop. Just stop. People react and feel things in different ways. I’m sorry, if I don’t/didn’t react the way you want/wanted me to.

Actually, I returned to going to the grocery store and meal prepping.

I am really, really done with this because we are clearly two different people who see the world differently.

I will read your next response, but I will not respond.

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed life. God bless you and be with you.

•   Jun 30, 2019

Maybe you should get off your butt and walk in to see them getting your meal together. You’d see which soda you were poured. If you threaten to go to another fast food restaurant, then go.

•   Jul 01, 2019

How's about you going somewhere else? Why you patronizing an establishment that always gets it wrong?

Da foo be you!

•   Jul 01, 2019

Her mentioning that name repeatedly tells me that he is her boss and she’s trying to make him look bad b

•   Jul 22, 2019

If you are physically disabled you should mention it here. Most people who drive thru are not disabled but still pitch and moon about anything and everything. We dink know you so we don't know if you have a disability or not.

PS:. I am disabled as is subsquirrel and we both despise disabled people who take their disability and the services for the disabled for granted. . most people are not disabled it are "quietly" disabled and have to make due with regular treatment.

People like you are the reason why the disabled are so scrutinized in this country. Thanks a lot!

•   Jul 23, 2019

Wah wah wah, Rachel! Cry us a river!

•   Jul 23, 2019

Yeah but in your initial complaint, not as a snooty afterthought. Still, thanks for crapping on everyone else who is disabled.

•   Jul 23, 2019

Wow, Rach, you certainly told me!

Meanwhile, the disabled do not go around whining about lying in the rain in a parking lot waiting for an ambulance as a /woe is me/ proof. Just know your rights and deal with yourself.

Meanwhile, your topic line says Never Get My Order Right... So Why do you keep on going back? That's your problem.

•   Jul 23, 2019

I’ve never laid in a parking lot for any reason but I know about the frustration of being disabled. For twelve years I’ve suffered but I don’t blame others for my situation

•   Jul 24, 2019

@SubSquirrel Exactly. Half of my voicebox is dead due to a large needle biopsy mishap. It's completely destroyed. However, I adapted to it and trained my other side to take over most of the time. I have even choked on the dead flap on multiple occasions.

I have ADD and LD in reading comprehension. I can't make heads or tails of the memos my principal sends but I can read Alison Weir with little difficulty. There are people half as LD as I am and are on disability free and clear. Here I am working my ass off.

I have had thyroid cancer (connected to the large needle biopsy problem) and still worked throughout that time. A colleague took 6months off free and clear. I didn't even know that was available!

I now have a hereditary condition called myotonic dystrophy. It affects tendons so it's ok to grasp a door handle but hard to release. This also affects my legs. Stairs are sometimes murder. I can not get the official test to see if I have this because I will lose (get this) my health insurance. No matter what happens to me regardless of MD I'm screwed. On top of all that, there is no treatment, forget cure.

But here I am working.

•   Jul 28, 2019

@Um is not an answer! My heart hurts reading this and I know it isn’t easy when insurance is against you and your life depends on the treatment. I’m not going to bore others but will message you privately this week. Nearly 1:30 am and I don’t sleep well. We come here and respond and kibbitz and have fun, but few know the life of pain and frustration we deal with daily. I don’t want sympathy or prayers and just want to visit and have fun while helping people. Making friends here is a bonus and finding similar people with health issues is showing us and the world that we function as best as possible and aren’t crying at home and being idle.

•   Jul 23, 2019

You ask me how you felt that day. How is that being juvenile and babyish?? How is this you not crying us a river?

Meanwhile, you continue to return to the establishment when they can never get your order right, so I ask again, who is the genius here???