Having problems with McDonald's?

8800 707 4499 (Russia)
+1 800 244 6227 (United States)
+44 370 524 4622 (United Kingdom)
+61 298 757 100 (Australia)
+64 800 539 4303 (New Zealand)
+43 810 001 212 (Austria)
+45 33 266 000 (Denmark)
+353 15 138 181 (Ireland)
+31 205 642 666 (Netherlands)
+351 214 405 300 (Portugal)
+41 216 311 200 (Switzerland)
+90 444 6262 (Turkey)
+852 28 807 300 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 635 490 (Philippines)
+27 860 000 040 (South Africa)
+66 26 964 900 (Thailand)
+1 312 291 9224 (United States)
110 N Carpenter St.

South Africa
85 on Grayston, Grayston Drive, Sandton

Complaints & Reviews

bad drive-thru experience

I went through the drive-thru at the McDonald's at 3810 Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh, NC 27607 on Sept. 21, 2007. I asked for a hamburger happy meal with a sweet (no ice). The person taking my order had an accent that made it difficult to understand how much I owed. It sounded like $2.55 so I prepared $2.75. I drove around to the window and gave the money to the girl, who gave me back $.42 in change. I didn't add it up until later, when I saw my receipt. I picked up my food and drove away. When I started to eat I saw that I had chicken nuggets (cold and tough in texture, by the way), and tea with ice. I could handle the ice but the taste of the tea was awful, and McDonald's tea is usually good. The receipt had $1.70 for the happy meal, $.99 for the small tea for a total of $2.90. It said I tendered $3.00 and should have received $.10 in change. This tells me that the whole order was wrong and I spent money on a very distasteful meal. The order was not a large one but I still feel it should have been correct and tasting good.

refusal to give receipt!

On several occasions the local McDonald's has refused to give me a receipt at the 'pay here' window of their drive-through. Instead of giving me a printed receipt when they have received my payment, the cashier tells me to 'get it from the pick-up window', forcing me to retrieve the receipt from a cashier different from the one whom I paid.

My complaint to the manager was not resolved satisfactorily; the manager advised me that she would let the 'pay here' cashier leave his/her work station to fetch my receipt from the other window IF THEY WEREN'T TOO BUSY.

This conditional compliance leaves the manager in charge of whether and where I am given the receipt I am due once payment has been rendered. The manager says that this practice is now mandated at all the McDonald's restaurants in her region and the corporation has no intention of changing this policy.

I think that the policy is not only bad business practice but arrogant and authoritarian. I'm so mad about the corporation's intransigence on this point that I am considering boycotting the restaurant chain. What can I do?

Advise smb!

jordan0321 Jun 24, 2009

You could take a chill pill. Maybe continue to boycot McDonald's too since the amount of stress you must suffer on a day-to-day basis combined with their greasy food is going to give you a heart attack.

-Jordan

fly in food!

I went to McDonald's and ordered a double quarter pounder meal and also some other food. For one they got the order wrong and made me a vanilla shake instead of a vanilla late, but since i was in such a hurry i told them never mind. When i got to sit down and eat the meal my husband noticed a fly squished inside the box. You would think that the employees would check the box before putting food in it! It was absolutely disgusting! So i called the store and got a refund on the meal. I just wanted to warn everyone to check the inside of the box before eating!

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Feb 01, 2008

The flies are supposed to be there. It's part of the "meat"

extremely rude and poor service!

Going to McDonalds on Franklin Avenue, in Franklin Square, NY for a simple lunch, turned into a very upsetting encounter. I was being charged $4.00 more than I was suppose to being that I had coupons that were issued in sunday's paper. When I brought it to attendant's attention, she could barely speak english so called the so called manager. Dinora was her name. With a big attitude and plenty of huffing and puffing, combined with a verbal debate, I was finally charged the correct amount. No apologies, just rudeness. Would love to let the person know who hired this Dinora just how much she is hurting the business at that location.

• Mi
    Mike Sheraden Oct 02, 2007

you are aware that it is a criminal offense what you are doing? if Dinora lost her job because of this online complaint and she found this, she could sue you and have you charged.

• Da
    darkeegan Jan 28, 2008

it is not a criminal offense unless what she said isn't true. if dinora lost her job she could only press charges if she could prove damages were a direct result of malicious slander.

orders always wrong

How hard is it to order one meal. One meal mind you. Double hamburger... Fries and coke... The employee asks : do you want cheese? I state no... Just a double hamburger.

Drove the 2 miles back to work... And guess what... Got a double cheesburger. I have tried not to order from this place, but i'm a captive audience at times. It's become quite a joke around here. Everyone gets the wrong meal...

They are close runners to the mcdonalds in antioch il. There I ordered a hamburger happy meal for my granddaughter. Got home, and found out she got no hamburger happy meal... 2 order of fries, cookies and a toy... Go figure.

slavery!

Many customers get angry at the employees when they have to wait a long time for their food. By the way did...

horrible planning from the manager on duty!

I went to Mcdonalds drive threw at 1:15pm, and received my food at 2:45pm, 30 minutes in drive threw to get my food, when asked what the problem was, they said grill is backed up, but did not know why. The lady behind me (she got there about 10 minutes after me) was so mad, she got out of her car and went to the back door (f0r deliveries) to get someone, no one came to the door and she yelled to the drive threw person "what is the problem" the lady at the window had nothing to say. Horrible planning from the manager on duty!

• Mr
    Mrs_Klaws Mar 07, 2008

Sounds like you should have cooked a real meal at home instaed of being a lazy McDonald's hog. Let's all get fat at McDonald's!

• Ta
    Tammy Reynolds Mar 07, 2008

Where would I put in a formal complaint about the latest toy at McDonalds?

Joyce D. Johnson May 13, 2008

I have breakfast at McDonald's every morning for the last several years with friends and these last 3 or more weeks we have had to sit thur this music by Neil Diamond and frankly it is so annoying we are wondering if we should change our place of business. We have gone to the person at the counter who states she knows nothing about how to turn it off or change the station, this morning she says the manager is Johnny Chu whom we have never seen to file a verbal complaint. PLEASE HELP US GET RID OF THIS AWFUL MUSIC. I forgot to tell you the location it is at what I believe to be 417 Washington st., Boston, MA next door to the new CVS close to Borders Book store

• Fa
    fastfoodjunkie Feb 12, 2010

It may have not been the planning of the manager. It could been they were working short because of call ins or equipment failure...

employee hands touching customers food

On June 23, 2007 I ordered a vanilla cone though the drive through. After I paid for my icecream cone at one window I was told to pick up my ice cream at the second window. There was a young man there with my ice cream cone holding it past where the little paper that covers the cone. He should of had a napkin around the cone like I was used to having it served to me previous visits. When I explain to him that his hands are directly on the cone he looked at me like I was crazy and and threw the cone in the trash. He walked to the back of the restaurant and got me another but took about five minutes to come back to the window with another cone which was melted. I took the cone but didn't eat it.

On 6/28/07 After work I went to the McDonalds in Fairhaven, MA and ordered a vanilla icecream cone. Same thing happen. this employee was also a gentleman who passed me my cone with his fingers all over the cone and all I could view was the cuts and bandaide on his index fingers, holding my cone. I said to him that your hands is touching my cone and he gave me the worse look, like I insulted him! He just stood there staring at me for a few minutes and walked away. A women came to the window and when I explained what happen I could hear and see other employee laughing at me. i thought they were so unprofessional and insensitive. I asked if there something wrong not excepting a cone with someones hands over it? She said no, you have that right, I'll talk to him. I didn't see her talk to him for he was standing right there. They all laughed...

• Fo
    formerfast foodemployee Jul 04, 2007

That's what happens when you buy an ice cream cone from a fast food restaurant. Perhaps, if you want quality... go to an Ice Cream Shoppe. Because you were probably worth the laughter.

p.s. Employees of fast food restaurants actually have Better hygiene and food handling, then small restaurants that of which you don't see what's going on behind the counter.

So, sleep well at night!!!

ice cream machine down at night

Late in the evening, 4 of 5 times in the past couple of months the ice cream machine seems to be down. They said that it was being repaired. When I get to the window and ask for a comment phone number line, they could not find it and the ice cream was said to have run out. I don't know if the demand is not being met or if the employees are trying to get out of the facility quickly and don't want to fool with the mess so they say it is out? Don't say it is available if it is only available at certain times.

• Li
    liu Apr 13, 2009

well i work at mcdonalds, our machine is down a lot, after 6 it goes on heat mode and stays on it forever and sometimes the cream is too meltd to sell

chicken selects - too hard!

Usually i find mc donalds food to be wonderful but lately, i am getting chicken selects, left to long under the heat lamps until they are so hard you cant eat them. Now, i will be buying my chicken tenders from walmart where they time how long the food has been done an left under the warming area an is removed when that time is up an no longer available to sell to anyone, just so you know, kids need supervision an someone needs to start timing the food an remove it when no longer fresh to sell, thank you

roberta harrison

filthy place

McDonalds
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Exit 78B off I75

Sunday morning 7:15 am

Place was filthy - tables obviously not washed from the night before - Coke spills still on table

8 people "working" - one actually working - everyone else standing around - three kids with shifts hanging out and wearing dirty McDonalds uniforms

shameless toy advertising and kids

I have a big problem with fast food chains, including McDonalds, using toys to convince kids to visit the restaurant and then not having the advertised toys in stock. I visited McDonalds in Potchefstroom today. Of the four advertised toys for girls, only the one that we already have was in stock, of the two displayed boys' toys, none was in stock.

I feel that our kids are being lied to to get them in the restaurant, and then shamelessly cheated when they do go there.

McDonalds should keep there advertised promises!

• Rs
    rsmith 1010 May 27, 2007

I work at a McDonalds in the UK and sometimes, regrettably, we do run short of a certain Happy Meal Toy. This is due to unprecedented demand. This is nothing that staff can do, until a delivery comes bringing more toys.

Also, we only ever have one toy a week, it changes over in our restaurant on a Wednesday.

Customers are f*cking stupid to expect all the Happy Meals Toys in the restaurant at all times. You're feeding your kids for £2.19 a pop, you shouldn't expect the ###ing world.

• Da
    darkeegan Jan 31, 2008

I have a problem with adults believing that any kid should ever be eating the sort of ### mcdonalds serves. They use the toys to reinforce the addiction to mcdonalds at a young age, so really...you should be happy when the toys dont arrive. Unless you like the idea of your kids being diabetic amputees who just gotta get their big mac fix for the day.

Personal responsibility people... if you dont have time to cook food that wont give your kids diseases make time. Dont complain that the 20 cent toy isnt available especially if that is the only reason you would go to a hole like that.

Religion may be our opiate, but mcdonalds is merely a nicotine rush.

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Feb 07, 2008

Only losers eat at McDonald's

Jane does -2 Sep 15, 2008

When I was in highschool i worked at McD's. we ran out of a toy but we had the other four advertised toys. the lady was not content with this, so she trough a milk shake on me. totally uncalled for.

lack of customer service!

It has been going on for too long and must be rectified ASAP as far as I'm concerned and I believe many...

dirty bathroom in mcdonalds!

I decided to eat at a McDonald restaurant located at 2848 Nostrand Ave in Brooklyn, New York. Before I...

made my 15 year old daughter afraid of work

My 15 year old daughter had got her first job at mcdonalds. They say they work around the kids schedule. That...

making food with no gloves!

I went into a mcdonalds on 16th avenue, n. w.in Calgary, to order a take away breakfast. Whilst I was hanging...

uncooked food, unclean restaurant

My family and I went to the McDonalds restaurant located at 10-250 Shawville Blvd. S.E. Calgary to have...

horrible taste!

I wanted something different for lunch... but I wanted McDonalds. I see a picture on the menu at the drive...

misleading marketing!

My stepfather goes to the same McDonald's every morning to get breakfast for him and my mother and so we got him a gift card for Christmas. We bought it at the store in Hermitage and he goes to the one by I-440 and Nolensville Road. These gift cards have been advertised on TV and we assumed that he could use it at any location. They would not accept it. This is unacceptable because they were begging for people to buy them. My mother is a shut in and they are up in age and this upset them. I also go by McDonalds every morning on my way to work for coffee and breakfast.

I am being taxed to death!

Checked my receipt from the drive thru window at McDonald's, it listed a tax of 17 cents for carry out. Never heard of a carry out tax sounds like someone has created a new form of taxing.I guess that lazy people are being singled out for discrimination. You mean that if I went inside that I would not have been charged carry out tax on my order. This is serious business the next tax may be a tax for using the restrooms.Please have someone answer in plain English or Spanish. I have reached my wits end when it comes to donating my money to the Federal Government.

• Ri
    Rick Sep 15, 2007

Why are you complaining about McDonalds? They have nothing to do with the taxes. Complain to your elected officials. They can (in theory) do something about the tax. McD's cannot.

Chris Jan 12, 2008

Take out tax has nothing to do with dining in or driving through. It's a tax to "punish" people for eating fast food. Same thing goes for a "gas guzzler" tax on gas guzzling vehicles.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices