Having problems with McDonald's?

8800 707 4499 (Russia)
+1 800 244 6227 (United States)
+44 370 524 4622 (United Kingdom)
+61 298 757 100 (Australia)
+64 800 539 4303 (New Zealand)
+43 810 001 212 (Austria)
+45 33 266 000 (Denmark)
+353 15 138 181 (Ireland)
+31 205 642 666 (Netherlands)
+351 214 405 300 (Portugal)
+41 216 311 200 (Switzerland)
+90 444 6262 (Turkey)
+852 28 807 300 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 635 490 (Philippines)
+27 860 000 040 (South Africa)
+66 26 964 900 (Thailand)
+1 312 291 9224 (United States)
110 N Carpenter St.

South Africa
85 on Grayston, Grayston Drive, Sandton

Complaints & Reviews

terrible attitude of employee

I wanted to order a senior coffee, chicken wrap, yogart parfait, water. The cashier took my money, gave me change and said nothing. I ask if they had fresh coffee? No response. Ask different person, a woman in a brown uniform, she said no. I ask if it would be too much trouble to make a fresh pot. The only answer was, after standing several minutes, was "it will a while"! I said ok, I was eating in. The cashier moved my tray, told me to put my reciept on the tray. When my order came up, there were "3" spicy wraps, fried? I had ask for "1", grilled. There was no coffee, no water, no yogart! After waiting for the cashier to wait on 3 other customers, I finally got her to look my way. She put a paper cup on the tray. I had to wait till the cashier waited on other customers, then she looked at me. She never spoke! I ask for my yogart and coffee. She handed me my yogart, but no coffee. I waited till the person in the brown uniform turned my way. I ask about the coffee, she said it would be made in a moment. I went and sat down, ate my wrap, offered to give one to an employee on brake. She didn't want it. I told her what had happened. She got up and left. I offered the wrap to another young customer and his girlfriend. They took it, and laughed when I told them what had happened. Another customer, who had been behind me was leaving, and ask me if I ever got my coffee. I shook my head, and said no. I got up when back to the cashier. I ask with some impatients, when was I ever going to get my coffee. She never spoke! After she waited on other customers she poured me a cup of coffee, handed it to me. I thanked her. She never answered. I've never taken the time to write about a comlaint. This isn't the first. My wife and I travel alot. We just returned from a 2 week trip to Williamsburg and Ashville, N.C. We stopped at many McDonald resturants on our trip. Of all of the fast food resturants, McDonalds was consistantly the poorest quality. The "help" was very unresponsive, and not friendly in most of the places we stopped. The restrooms in Mc Donalds were absolutely the worst of ANY of the other places we stopped. Wish management would impress upon the workers, to at least be polite and see that the restrooms were keep clean. Thanks I feel better, I know I have plenty of other choices for places to stop and eat. But it seems that "we" the money spending customers should at least get what we order, and not have to be totally ignored!

Marshal Feb 26, 2009

What do you expect? They pay these people "slave" wages. $6.00 an hour, I wouldn't even get out of bed for that amount!

• Ib
    ib bangin Mar 08, 2009

my heart sings - just knowing that someone out there is like "ok I've had it. I shall now launch a one man campaign to let everyone know that McDonalds is not the upscale restaurant they appear to be!"
    Bro if you have such an eye for detail and appreciation for the nuances of dining, what are you doing in a McDonalds? Who would put McDonalds products into their body, for that matter?
    uncharismatic "help" aside.
    If you're looking for hired help with white gloves who embrace the idea of being your servant - I would shoot for at least an Arbys. Maybe really go all out an splurge on an Olive Garden night out. For high rollers like me.
    Velvet ropes. People who make eye contact with you. And actually the Olive Garden has three menus, one for food, one for wine, and one just of gourmet yoghurt.
    Right up your alley, Meredith.

PS- Thanks for posting the phone number of the McDonalds where the outrage occurred. I took the liberty of berating them on your behalf till my voice became hoarse. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

• El
    ellen jackson May 01, 2009

the mcdonalds on keyser needs to know that some of the mangers also needs a helping hand i come everymorning and get a hotcake and biscuit and it be the same girl manger
    and boy in there all the time they both runs from one station to another and still be nice then after work i comes back every afternoon and everyone is stocking and i'm just standing waiting to order while the mangers is playing and talking with the crew someone needs to fix the problem on yesterday i waited 7 min.and got a cold and spicy not hot and spicy with lettuce falling every where and then they forgot my damn cheese what a nasty sandwich this store needs to be better supervised because right now the customer service in the evening really sucks and nothing is being done about this.

fly in salad

A side salad had an extra topping in it. Surprise, a fly! The phone number for the actual restaurant was also...

product purchased at mcdonalds

Last week I visited McDonalds at on Quakers Hill Parkway, Quakers Hill NSW to buy some fast food for my family. I bought for myself, my favourite, McDonalds fish burger.
I would think very seriously about eating at McDonalds again.
It was the worst fish burger I have ever eaten. It was as tough as old boot leather, like it had been reheated several times. It was absolutely disgusting. I took a few mouth fulls and then threw the rest out. Besides the size of the buns and burgers decreasing, obviously so has the quality of McDonalds food. Once upon a time McDonalds use to have a high standard of quality, that has dropped drastically.

Anonymous Sep 14, 2008

You should have just asked for a replacement they would have replaced it there and then, or I would have if I had been working on the checkout. But sadly I will never know what it's like to work in a McDonalds, you can read why in my complaints.

• Xp
    xPanda Jan 12, 2010

Yea oncem i bought fries from them and there was black stuff all over it and i got sick.

worst drive thru experience ever

My boyfriend, a friend of ours, and myself had decided to go through the Mcdonalds drive thru for a quick...

rude, unwilling to help

My Family and I would like to take this opportunity to thank McDonalds for introducing us to a tasty...

mcdonalds delivery

State/Prov = NY
Zip2 = 10036
Country = United States
Company phone = [protected]

Incident = I called for a delivery on July [protected]@ 8:00pm. I waited for delivery until 9:00pm. I called back and i asked where the food was and they told me that the grill on 44th and 8th ave. was not working. I asked why no one called to tell me not to expect delivery. They were very rude and dismissive. I then walked over to 44th and 8th and there was no problem with the grill. I then called back and asked why i was lied to and they hung up on me. I called again and asked for a supervisor. There was not a supervisor to speak to... again very rude to me.I think this is a great dis-service and i don't appreciate being hung up on and lied to. I love McDonalds and will continue to eat there but i was very surprised of the treatment i received.

Damage Resulting =
Contact me = N.

• Ca
    Carol Bahlmann Jul 28, 2008

With as concerned as you are, or should be, about the cleanliness at your restaurants, maybe you should consider a different way of putting the lids on coffee cups. The lids are always put on with bare hands right from where you drink. I think it may be a little more appetizing if you didn't see the employees sealing the cup with bare hands. Any comments???

• Re
    reality Aug 23, 2008

WTF did you expect?! You're ordering from McDonald's! Are you kidding me?

• Chrissy623 Sep 06, 2010

Mcdonalds Delivers? Wow I live in the suburbs and we dont have anything like that here.

raw chicken served at mcdonald's

I bought an order of grilled chicken ceasar salad at a local McDonald's in Fairfax, VA. and i got...

uncooked chicken

I bought an order of grilled chicken ceasar salad at a local McDonalds. And i got noticed that the chicken...

terrible service

Went in to purchase food and ice. Again the employees were speaking in Spanish. When the employee asked for...

stealing from customers

I made a complaint recently because they were raping me and Dan Frazier VP of Operations sent me a couple of coupons... when I tried to use it... they raped me again. They would not tell me the name of the supervisor... perhaps it's Lucy but said they protect their own and would not let me win. The McDonald's is located in Kenmore Square Boston, MA. They are very rude and always laugh at me. I've tried being nice but they consistently rape me out of one to three items. What can I do to help them help the customer?

Jody Jul 28, 2008

They don't give you the right orders ... check your food before you leave. This has been consistent.

Anonymous Sep 14, 2008

Say to the one doing the laughing "how'd you like a smack in the gob?" that usually does it, they soon realize its not as funny as they think especially if you threaten to smack one in the kisser. If he leans over the counter going "do it i'll call the cops" go ahead and break his nose "aggravated assault" you'll be let off with a warning!

Anonymous Sep 14, 2008

Something along the lines of "you antagonistic SOB" right before you stick one on him in front of witnesses goes largely in your favor.

employee behavior

Employees acting very immature, cursing, manager included being loud. Employees smoking right outside driveup...

treated bad and poor service

(7/8/08)i went to this mcdonalds that i go to all the time by my house but i never been treated like...

wrong order and undercooked food

I went to this mcdonalds on 07/02/2008 for a simple order at 10pm approx. at night. I ordered a grilled...

poor food quality and service

This Macdonald's is not following franchise food quality or service. The service is very poor and they are not representing the Macdonald's food standards. The fries are never fresh no matter what time of day or nite the hamburgers are not prepared to Macdonald's franchise standards. It really gives a bad impression if you have never eaten at Macdonald's and you eat at this Location makes you not want to eat Macdonald's.

I will never buy another meal or anything at this location. If ever I'm in the mood for Macdonald's, I will drive extra 15min to another Location. Not all Macdonald's in Gatineau Quebec poorly represent the franchise.

• Je
    Jessica Rigdon Sep 12, 2008

i just went up to mcdonalds in shepherdsville on 44 an ii had a hair in both of my mcchickens and the fries i got was cold

Andrea Nov 04, 2008

I was totally disgusted!
    I once ordered an Egg McMuffin from a McDonalds in my area. Usually i don't do this but since i was in a rush i had to get something quick.
    I saw that on the rapper, the eggs used in McMuffins were "fresh Canada grade a eggs"
    I didn't believe this until i took ONE bite of the sandwich.
    Inside the egg were pieces of the egg shell. It wasn't just in that one bite, i took the whole egg apart and found pieces of the egg shell all over! I was so mad. Not only was the sandwich small, i had paid over 4 bucks to find egg shell in it.
    I guess i can say that they do at least use real eggs.

bullyand sexual harassment

To whom it may concern, my complain is the store manager of ewood mcdonald is known for sexual harassment to...

flies and filth

There were so many flies you couldn't eat without swatting them away from your food, there was a roach...

terrible quality food

There are only a few healthy salads and a yogurt parfait on the menu that is low fat enough for me to eat at McDonalds. But, because of poor management, the 3 McDonald stores here in Fairbanks never have the yogurt parfait when I'm there (6:45 am or noon), and there either out of salads or have only 1 type to choose from. And, then they don't know which dressings are low-fat. The last person that waited on me actually told that all their dressings were lowfat, which was a terrible lie.

It's aggravating to stand in line just to find out that they're out of everything that's healthy. It would seem that they should be making more of the healthy items if they're always running out.

bigsmellyman Jun 26, 2008

I doubt that anything on the McDonald's menu is healthy. As long as people are willing to eat crap, they will keep selling it.

Chepannie Jan 02, 2011

why the [censor] are you going to mcdonalds and expecting to eat something healthy? that's like an oxymoron

bad customer service

Hi i am writing about the service i had at Mcdonalds Coffs Harbour South this afternoon. I had ordered 1...

yorkie dog allowed

Had breakfast at McDonalds in Bella Vista Ar. ..two breakfast sandwiches/two drinks. 8 customers received various orders...all but one ordered had after us. They had somehow lost our order...a little aggravating, but mistakes happen. While waiting, I was FLOORED to see a woman walk in CARRYING a Yorky dog. I couldn't believe my eyes when the MANAGER stood there and took the order, long haired dog over serving counter.Then the customer went to fill her drink with, again the long haired dog over the drink area. When I let the manager know the dog should not be in there, the managers response was ...yeah the woman should not have brought the dog in. I told the manager, " You should not have served her !!!"Needless to say, going forward, My family, I, nor friends I've told will go there .

bigsmellyman Jul 04, 2008

How many Big Macs can you make from a yorkie?

Еeam member licking her gloves

I was ordering my meals and the girl at the back that was cooking the burgers put her mouth on her gloves and licked them.
She was playing around with another worker and when she was told by another higher up worker to change her gloves cos she licked hers, she made offensive remarks towards the worker and myself. She said i was a liar and she started to tell other workers that i said that she licked her gloves, and talking really loud so everyone in the restaurant could hear what i complained about, then when she was making the last of my burgers she was laughing about something she done to my food, like spat in my burgers or put hair or something like that.

This was very very unacceptable, rude, immature, and offensive of the girl to do this, for my friend, daughter and myself to go through just for 3 happy meals.

bigsmellyman Jun 16, 2008

You can easily avoid this by making some real food at home.

• Sc
    scotty Sep 28, 2008

bulls#!t she didnt lick her gloves, i was there on that day, myself and many others saw that she didnt.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices