Having problems with McDonald's?

8800 707 4499 (Russia)
+1 800 244 6227 (United States)
+44 370 524 4622 (United Kingdom)
+61 298 757 100 (Australia)
+64 800 539 4303 (New Zealand)
+43 810 001 212 (Austria)
+45 33 266 000 (Denmark)
+353 15 138 181 (Ireland)
+31 205 642 666 (Netherlands)
+351 214 405 300 (Portugal)
+41 216 311 200 (Switzerland)
+90 444 6262 (Turkey)
+852 28 807 300 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 635 490 (Philippines)
+27 860 000 040 (South Africa)
+66 26 964 900 (Thailand)
+1 312 291 9224 (United States)
110 N Carpenter St.

South Africa
85 on Grayston, Grayston Drive, Sandton

Complaints & Reviews

sausage biscuit

I went through the drive through expecting to get a few sausage biscuits for a dollar cause I was low on cash...

cold chips and burgers

Me and my wife and my god daughter went to mcdonald's by the coldra rountabout A48 newport road. We went inside ordered two big mac meals and a chicken mc sandwich. We got given our meals we sat down my wife and my god daughter started complaing that the burger and chips were cold this is the third time this has happened!! This spolit our end to the day!!! We will not be using mcdonald's again as it an expensive way to waste food!.

rude employees and manager/ horrible service

About a month ago, my mother and I went to this McDonald's one morning after she came home from work...

24 hr. drive thru?

Often times after work, I'll go to the McDonalds located at Baseline Rd. and I-30 in Little Rock, Arkansas. However, the last time I went there... the Drive-Thru employee told me that they were unable to take orders for 30 minutes due to a "shift change." Having managed a restaurant in the past, I knew exactly what was going on. Without saying a word, I set the chronograph timer on my watch, and went about a block down the road to Waffle House for a "to go" order. Just so happens, my order from Waffle House took 30 minutes to cook and get out the door. So, in an attempt to call their bluff... I went back through the McDonalds drive-thru, and tried to place an order. Again, I was told by the person at the drive-thru that they were unable to prepare an order for me due to a "shift change..." and it would be 30 minutes. I responded, "Yeah, that's what you told me 30 minutes ago." Stay away from this McDonalds. The attitude of the employees is often reflected in the quality of the food at this location... when they'll serve it to you!

• Us
    usnavydk Apr 23, 2009

I will say that as a manager of a 24 hour Mcdonald's that we do have to shut our system down at night. This can take anywhere from 20-35 minutes, depending on how early the manager was able to start on his end of the day paperwork. Now this shut down has to be done sometime between 11pm and 2am. So if this was the time that you went there, that is what they were trying to say. They should not have said shift change, but instead closing out the day.

bad service

Every time I order mcdonalds from this particular mcdonalds I get screwed over. I always ask for a large dbl...

service response

Making a complaint to McDonalds - hit yourselve on the head it would be easier - I was promised by email I will be contacted - they just never said when, it has been a week already since the first phone call, and still nothing happens.

I see the store hygene and quality is not only lousy in South Africa - McDonalds - I'm Pukin it
I feel sorry for anybody eating at McDonalds - along with the old oil and stale burgers. Its a ripp off.

• Le
    Lee-anne123 Jul 28, 2009

I agree. I complained to the south African call center about the fact that you cannot get any Ice Age 3 toys with the happy meals that they are advertising at the movies and they come up with a sorry for you attitude, but we are not getting any more toys.

Please explain this to my Kids...

• Ca
    Capey Oct 12, 2011

I just bought a Cajun deluxe meal from the Cavendish branch here in Claremont... The chicken is worse than rubber.. I tried to eat it as I did not have the time to go out again and get other lunch, but could not get myself to eat even half...
    The chips were fried in old oil, as I can clearly taste it... This is so bad... They have permanently lost me as a customer... I know they wont feel the loss, but they should maintain some sort of standard if they wish to provide value for money. Failing that, they will lose more customers.

• Sh
    ShireenR Dec 03, 2011

What has Mcdonalds become?! Always getting orders wrong, food not up to par, time consuming drive thru's, no ice cream at night, beggars next to pay point and food collection, bad service, the list could go on forever. Bout a month ago I purchased a m/coke at the greenpoint branch which I would expect to be up to par, luckily I tasted it before being inconvenienced.. It was gasless/flat coke, who drinks flat coke?? We're paying double than a normal vendor so is it too much to ask for fizzy coke?! Today at the Somerset branch the same thing happened, again luckily I noticed (my friends were stuck with flat coke and fanta) this is really not acceptable!! Most of the time there is something wrong with food but we just have to settle than end up with someone spitting in ur order, that's the kind of overworked unfriendly staff in most branches. I will never support McDee's again! Its enough that the food tastes like paper but how u screw up on fizzy drinks? Always a excuse for there being no ice cream. At this rate old faithful Mcdonalds will be losing much more customers

• Kh
    kholood el feki Sep 08, 2012

DEAR SIRS OF MCDONALDS HOLDERS:
    concerning the delivery here in Egypt i faced a very strange situation, i was making an order thru the phone n they said they cant deliver my order because I'm living out of zone?? in the same tI'me a restaurant is very close to McDonald's is delivering food without this unbelievable wicked answer as if McDonald's is trying to differentiate between classes of society from middle to high class, ain't this called racism, keep continuing in loosing more n more costumers, and buy the way prices ain't differ from district to another, and as also if its a big deal u can ask for extra money for delivering the order instead of loosing, other wise take a c.v from customers to be sure if they deserve to eat your sandwich or no, I'm sorry that all this tI'me i was purchasing from McDonald's without knowing that you support racism

• Mr
    MrsTK Dec 21, 2015

To: Whom it may concern.
    RE: Mc Donalds - Umtata/Mthatha
    Date: on 20 December 2015 around 14:00
    Pathetic Service:

Attitude of the person serving me after waiting on the line for my turn for about an hour:
    1. Drive through was supper slow & I opted for the walk-in option.
    2 After waiting for my turn almost 30 minutes. They told me that they were out of stock and couldn't provide me with ice cream Mc Flurry. I then opted for caramel & chocolate source. I then waited for my order.
    3. Customers that arrived long after me received similar orders and left while I was still waiting.
    4. When I asked when I was going to receive my order, the lady preparing the order responded with an ATTITUDE informing me to wait for my turn (as if I hadn't waited enough or I was waiting for a free-bee/ as if she was doing me a favour.
    5 Supervisor was present and aware of the complaint and did absolutely nothing about it.
    5. I then requested that they cancel the order as I was not chuffed with the treatment and will never buy from any Mc Donald's franchise ever again! I have had enough of their bad service & the "we are out of stock excuse" used after you've waited on the long ques.

poor hygiene

I am tired of poor service and attitude of staff at McDonalds in South Africa, FIrstly store Hygiene is very poor at most stores, secondly food quality is so bad that it makes you feel like going somewhere else - which I will do in the future. Our Family now refuses to eat at a McDonalds anywhere in South Africa.

I went into McDonalds in Waverley Pretoria to firstly wait a half hour in a queue to be served, then while placing the order I see the person putting the burger together licking his fingers while building them . His plastic gloves have the fingers missing so he just sucks the sauces etc off his fingers when he messes - while washing the floor it is no problem to to put in your hands and glab some ice - So when in South Africa - be very carefull about McDonalds, this is a regular complaint about the company throughout the country.

Always there is food still on the floor and rubbish on the tables. The burgers are dry and normally a bit on the old side, nothing is so "fresh" any more.

food standards

Quite possibly the worst mcdonalds in the uk. The staff are ignorant, cheeky, not suitable for a job as easy as mcdonalds is.
Food is always low quality and 9/10 times the wrong order is given. You can tell when the owner of the restraunt is down from ayrshire because the food standards slighty improve but they soon go back to minimal standards. Examples of these are wrong food being handed out, Wrong rolls for burgers, very very salty chips and wrong syrup to water ratio in the drinks.

I am personally on a mission to get the mcdonalds in dumfries to get a severe overhaul and get any staff member responsible for the rubbish service disciplined. If not that, the restraunt shut down.

Mr lindsay, get a grip of your staff.

• Pa
    Pat Apr 26, 2009

McDonald's is not an easy job. I work at one, and the people who actually work do not decide the quality. In reality, it's the mangers.

serving cold food

For the last 2 weeks on my way to work at 11:00pm-1:ooam I `ve been ordering chicken mcnuggets asking fresh...

discusting

I was going to complain about the Mcdonalds in Fort Chiswell Va, its off I-81, right beside the Bp. Well I...

none made

Tonight l felt like a strawberry pie as they are not long on the menu. I went in to the store 8813 in Barrie. l asked for 4 strawberry pie the employee turned and said there is none before she could finsh her sentence l said l will wait.. It took them almost 20 mins to make my order, when l inquired why it was taking so long they informed me they were busy and the pies just were put in the oven. NOw l am a little angry the manger, who looks no older than 21, maybe pregant at lease l hope she was because her shirt was not tuck in and it was very dirty, l asked her why as l was an employee of Mcdonalds years ago and l know the routeen of the business when you run out more is put in when l said this to the manger she said they were selling the pies very fast that evening and one other reason was the muffins were in the oven. Now l am not sure but muffins are a day time seller so that excuse has left me to make this complaint.
The staff, as l am sure are great workers they have no idea what busy is. Please this is not a franchise store so l think it should be run more so by the book. Thank you Kathy Linton

unsafe for children

3rd MARCH 2009 (5:PM) - This afternoon after school i took my kids (7yrs old & 5yrs old) to Mc Donalds SM CEBU City PHILIPPINES. My 5 yrs old son order a Happy Meal as I was preparing his food I asked him if he can go to the counter to get a gravy refill. So he went to the counter and ask, but then he came back to me and he was crying he said he hit his foot so I said its ok. So I diverted his attention playing with his new Happy Meal Toy. When we were about to leave he told me he could not walk because his foot hurts, I thought he was just making drama. When I look at his foot (the one his complaining that he got hurt) it was bleeding. So I called the Manager and told her what happened and showed her where my son get his cut. She did not react or say anything, I even asked her for a 1st aid kit she called her staff to get if and did not even said sorry. I was really pissed off my son was wearing flip flops that its hard for him to walk at the mall, specially our car was parked at the other side of the Mall Building. I had to carry my 5yrs old boy all the way to the car.
How lame was that! I just hope that the Mc Donalds will do something about it! You should make sure your structures are well placed and secure enough that you cannot hurt anybody specially children.

unsafe for children

• Da
    Daddy Mar 03, 2009

I was in Cebu in January /09. Visited three different McD's on many occasions (my primary food source in Cebu!) I never saw any safety issues except for the security dudes toting shotguns.
    Step outside to see filthy, local 3 and 4 year olds sleeping on the sidewalks.
    And you're worried about your child stubbing his toe? Sheeesh! Put some shoes on him.
    Disclaimer: This is NOT an endorsement for Cebu. I hated it there. But I found McD's there to be as good as anywhere.
    Try the chicken nuggets and spaghetti combo. 124 pesos.

bad language

I share a similar complaint with the woman above--- with regards to treatment of customers at the Mcdonald...

mcd in el monte sucks

So my dad went to buy some mcDs for the family in El Monte. The first time my dad did, he ordered 2 small...

photos stolen by mcdoanalds

Last month there was opening of Mcdoalds here in Sialkot Pakistan. I was surprised to see that the billboard...

taking money

i was handed back 20 dollars short after simply purchasing an orange juice i gave the lady a fifty dollar note and paid roughly 23 dollars for it, as soon as i realised i contacted the owner and he was extremely rude and hung up on me..
i then seeked advice from department of fair trading to ask them to look at the camera footage as i still had the reciept and correct time of service so i did.
i was then told to take the reciept into the store and i did to be told the owner would get back to me and suprise suprise the phone call never came i am a mother of 3 children and cant afford to have this happen i no longer eat there and advise to others not to either simply go to another maccas.

• Sm
    smileeee Apr 22, 2009

How could you not realise that you'd been that short changed? If you'd handed someone 50 dollars for something as small as an orange juice, surely you would have checked the money you were getting back before putting it into your purse? Then you could have bought it to the attention of the crew member who served you who probably would've been very apologetic for their mistake. I can assure you that you definitely weren't short changed on purpose, after all there would be no gain for the crew member in short-changing you.

McDonalds also have polices and procedures in place for customers who dispute the change that they receive. If the cashier who served you had disagreed with the fact that you gave her a $50 note, the draw would have been counted to back up your claim. As you can understand however, you would have to do this relatively soon after you had realised you'd received the wrong change due to the fact that cash drawers are meant to be changed every couple of hours. Without doing either of these things, there's would be no way for the managers/owner of the maccas you visited to know whether or not you were telling the truth. Unfortunately, people come into maccas all the time claiming to have received the wrong change when they haven't. Understandably McDonalds can't just give out change to anyone who makes these claims! Having the receipt doesn't actually prove anything, except for the fact that you bought an orange juice from maccas. For all the management knows, you could be lying about receiving the wrong change in an effort to score an extra $20 for your wallet.

Having said all that, the manager who answered your call (and it probably was just a manager, not the owner of the store) treated you wrongly. He should have written down your details and investigated your claim. Or got someone more suitably trained to deal with your problem to call you back. However, he may have mistaken your call for a prank, as a large number of people prank call Maccas stores everyday.

If you really want to worry about your $20, go to the head office of McDonalds in your state. They'll contact the store you visited and they'll probably get into a lot of crap for poor public relations. Plus you'll most likely get vouchers and/or your money back. Make sure you use proper English in your complaint though, otherwise you'll probably never get a reply.

unfair work schedule

im always eat at mcdonalds becasue I know that the food is delicious and served the way that it is presented. im now loosing my patience with mcdonalds not because of the food but of how the managers are handling their staff.

I have a friend who is working as a crew at a mcdonlad branch in quezon city. admittedly he was not a perfect employee, was even suspended from work for 1 month due to consecutive awol's.. after returning from suspension, he expects that he would be given a nice schedule because he came from a long suspension. even before coming back he was asked to renew all his requirements thinking that everything was ok already.. he was eager to come back to work only to found out that his schedule for the cutoff period was 3 days each day only with 4 hours of work... he just let it pass and thought that maybe by next cutoff his schedule wold be better.

the next cutoff came and still to his surprise his schedule was again 3 days with the same number of hours for the whole cutoff...

do you think its fair the way that the scheduling manager is using her staff?

is it fair that you applied to work at a fastfood company thinking that somehow it can help you in your expenses, only to find out that you will only earn 700 pesos during payday?

im really disgusted on how this things could happen to people who busts their # to work hard to serve people..

Maxwells Feb 27, 2010

So sorry for your friend. But remember this is also McD's slow season. He should also be thankful they gave him his job back. Here being awol means you quit... No second chance.

• St
    Steenetrick Feb 09, 2011

your friend is a [censor] who is clearly unreliable and unfit for work.

• Ge
    geodude67 Oct 30, 2016

My question is that if your scheduled 4 hours can you be sent home in 2 or 3 hrs? Does McD's have to keep you your scheduled shift? It seems like it's against the law to schedule you certain hours and send you home when they want!

hair in sandwich

This 02/08/09 Sunday morning I went thru the drive thru to get 2 Mcgriddle, in 1 of my sandwiches there was a...

dirty playground area & equipment

The outdoor playground is disgustingly dirty, that it's fair to say it has never been cleaned. Botchy repairs on all slides and tunnels where plastic is connected looks like mud has been used to keep all connecting bits together. The rubber floor is black where original flooring is multicoloured in places where there's no thoroughfare. And thick piles of hair, dust and dirt are piled. This is unacceptable hygiene. In Alex Hills, Hungry Jacks a few times we've been there we've seen it being high pressure cleaned from top to bottom. Capalaba McDonalds professionally get your play area cleaned.

not professional

Doesnt Matter how much you try and communicate with certain Managers they always disregard many issues,

This behaviour from paticular Managers is not acceptable, The Store Manager has Issues, She really needs to pull her hand out her ###,

How she treats many co-workers is so sad too see, when a problem needs too be discussed she thinks she has it coverd, but her stabbing in the back and how she deals with certain Issues is desgusting,

This is not fair and very unprofessional,
She needs more PR Skills

Many are desgusted and believe she needs to step down,
She talks to people and the put downs is not fair

• john7777 Mar 23, 2009

and you need to work on keeping to only one profile DigitalCommando or zzrokk or biccey or what the hell ever.

• Hu
    Hungry Jack Mar 07, 2010

This is the country's poorest run store. The service is slow, especially if ou have to go inside to the counter. The EFTPOS/ credit card machine is quite often offline or broken, and they run out of items all the time. And to top it all off, they are the most expensive store I've ever been to. Won't be back. Why isn't there a Hungry Jacks up at Murray Bridge. If there was, I think Mcd's would be closed within a month!!