MC Schaff & Associates, IncLooks like they have ripped me off

S

In the spring of 2011 we had a issue with our drain field and sewer. The only option was to hook our sewer to a close sewer district. In order to do this we had to add 326 feet of main sewer line to get close enough to hook to it. The construction cost to bring it to our property line was bid fro 14 to 20 K. We took the low bid and proceeded to construct the project.

To lay out the project a local engineering firm, MC Schaff & Associates, Inc. was recommended to survey, plot, and secure bids for the job. They charged 4K and claimed to have spent 50 hours to engineer the job. I feel this is an overcharge due to us pressing them to get their part of the project finished. I have complained about the charge but they assure me it is justified and valid.

It is hard to imagine 50 hours to survey 326 feet. I have visited with several people in this area of expertise and they feel this cost should not have exceeded $2, 000 and that I was ripped off.

Due to the crisis of this issue I did not have the advantage of competitive bidding for this part of the project.There is little I can do after the fact. To date I have paid them $2, 300 and told them I would send monthly payments for the balance.

I know I will have to pay the bill but that does not fix my feeling of being taken advantage of.

MC Schaff & Associates, Inc | Address