MaxSpeed AutoTerrible company

M

Last week I made a purchase of BMW X5 2005 with low miles (still warranty left) from these guys. The main person I death with financing and sales is Ricky. I did internet search for good prices and they came out to be one of the lowest or very competitive.

That got me to their door. Thinking I am getting a deal, here is how I didn't get a deal but I will say that eventually out the door cost was competitive to the going rate. So I don't feel at least conned completely.

The problem is that, they require you to get financing through them, even if you are willing to pay it in full. That's because, what they say is that they make money on the cars by only you going through financing. But here's the problem, they will hit you with $2000 or more on overhead cost (which you have no idea why!!) so out the door cost is not any less than that you would get from anywhere else. You have to be willing to walk out the door, if they don't sell you at the advertise priced. It was late, I was from out of town, and eventually gave in. But I left with a bad taste on my mouth.

Also, they didn't tell me the battery was worn out. They showed me the car while it was running. Little did I know that I would have problem later that night when I turned off the car. Fortunately, the car had warranty left, so the dealer replace the battery.

The bottom line, don't be fooled by lower cost advertising, unless you are willing to walk out of the deal (which you probably will, or not, since they won't sell you at the advertised price). If you must get a car/SUV from them, please make sure its low mileage/year so that there is warranty left so, should the unforeseen happen, at least you are covered.

I would just say, its not worth going through all this hassle just to get the same price as anywhere else. Also, you will find similar complaints else where on this company. Be aware!

• Vw
    V. Worth Feb 10, 2009

Dear Mickey:

I just read your complaint, and all I can say is WOW! At your convenience, check out my complaint re: MaxSpeed Auto. I have written other agencies in hopes of intervention. I am happy that you have the warranty. Best regards.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices