MaxLite's BulbsCompany does not stand behind it's product

I purchased a single MaxLite bulb for $1.00. When I got home and installed it, it did not light up. So I called the Company to let them know of the defect. The presentative said "no problem". But here's the rub. I received a letter requesting a cash register receipt or a UPC symbol from the package. No problem. But then they requested a $4.00 check or money order per CFL. Why would anyone pay $4.00 for a replacement bulb, when you can purchase a replacement for $1.00 plus tax? So much for a company standing behind it's product. If you have a choice, don't select MaxLite. You may be purchasing a defected bulb.

Anthony Trombetta Nov 14, 2008

I bought a MAXLITE ceiling fixture with GU24 base, after approx 8 hrs the bulb blew, not only that but it burned a hole through the plastic housing about the size of a penny.
    Went to the store ACE Hardware the same place I bvought the lite, and bulbs were 4.99 each, the lite came with two bulbs and cost 5.99.
    My bet is that this type of base is going out and their trying to dump all the lights they had in stock.

• Br
    Brian Nov 24, 2008

I also bought three CFL's and they started smoking and smelling and burnt out. The company wanted me to send them $4 per bulb along with sending the bulbs back to them which will cost me additional postage and packaging. In addition, they wanted me to send back the original packaging and reciept. Who keeps original packaging for something like this? Everyone would have garbage all over thier house. This company has poor quality, poor customer service and does not stand behind thier products at all. Do not buy anything from them.

• De
    Dennis0001 Aug 29, 2009

Purchased two Maxlite 15watt photo eye CFLs. One was defective on arrival and was immediately replaced by the seller. Both the replacement and the 2nd unit quit after a few weeks! Emaild AND faxed Maxlite - no response. Their products are apparently crap and they did NOT respond to my complaints. Buyer beware!