Maxis Star Avenue Lifestyle Mall SubangRude Workers

D

On the 23rd of December 2016, I went to Maxis Star Avenue Lifetsyle Mall Subang with my mother to pay the bill for my younger sister's maxis broadband and also to ask for details about the iphone 7 on maxisONE plan. When we went in, there was only an Indian female worker at the counter. My mother requested for a Chinese worker for better communication in Mandarin so the Indian lady went to call a Chinese female worker who was inside the office. She came out with an unhappy face and explained about the maxisONE plan to us in a very annoyed and disrespectful tone, only reading from the brochure and not explaining it. If there was enough information on the brochure, obviously, we would not have asked her to explain on it. My mother was shocked by her and dare not to ask more eventhough she was still not clear about the plan, so she moved on with the payment for maxis broadband. The Chinese lady told the Indian lady to serve my mother and she went into the office again.

The Indian lady then asked my mother how many months she would like to pay for.

This was how she asked my mother:" nak bayar satu ke dua bulan?"

My mother replied:" satu" at the same time handing an RM100 note to her.

The Indian lady proceeded with her work and in the end gave my mother a receipt without the change. (Bill for one month is less than RM100)

So my mother asked for the change and the Indian lady asked in a loud and unhappy voice:"tadi cakap nak bayar seratus?!" (FYI, my mother replied her satu for satu bulan. I don't think the word satu can be related to one hundred, and the Indian lady was asking nak bayar satu bulan atau dua, not nak bayar berapa ringgit)

My mother replied:"satu maksudnya satu bulan bukan nak bayar seratus"

The Indian lady was very annoyed and she said to my mother rudely that satu means to pay RM100 to her. My mother trying to explain again but she was firm with her opinion. She started mumbling angrily and settled the change with really big action, for example tearing the wrong receipt in front of us, open and close the drawer with loud noises and throwing the new receipt and change on the counter but not handing them to my mother politely. Of course there was no THANK YOU from her in the end and I heard a really loud bang of closing the drawer when we were walking towards the door leaving.

I was very unhappy about the incident and I STRONGLY DEMANDED AN APOLOGY from both the Indian and Chinese female lady in written form to my email. We as the customers have our right to be treated politely and nice. We were all taught in school during moral lessons that we have to respect people. But sadly, this precious value is obviously missing in these 2 ladies.

Otherwise, the remaining workers (a Malay lady and a Chinese man) were very nice and polite especially the Chinese man. When we were dealing with him, everything was explained in details and we are very happy with his service. But sadly, he was having his day off that day.