Max Colonbank account charged $89.95

website offers free trial but "automatically ships" product and charges $89.95 on your credit card. When you ask the company for a refund they tell you you only have 15 days from the day you place the original order to cancel. You have to request a return authorization and cancel future automatic shipments. This is stated in a vague and misleading manner on the web-site. .. they make it sound like you can send it back for a refund but when I tried, they refused saying If I had only read their policy when I agreed to it like thousands of other "satisfied customers" I would have known this...but I did read the fine print it was worded so ambiguously I failed to realized they meant 15 days from when I placed the original order. I went back on their web-site and looked for their return/refund policy and had trouble even finding it, it was so not obvious that I can only conclude they are intentionally misleading consumers.

• Rb
    RBH Mar 24, 2009

DO NOT ORDER THE COLON CLEANSE !! IT DOES NOT WORK!!! When I ordered I thought I was getting enough product for 15 days. Did not know I had to cancel within 15 days. My credit card was charged 89.95 and there's nothing the credit card company can do. When you authorize the free sample, you authorize future shipments.

angie Mar 25, 2009

This company is so full of ###!!! They are straight up robbing!!!

• Co
    cokebottle Mar 26, 2009

If you read the terms and conditions, which you should for anything you order online with your credit card, you would know there are reoccurring payments unless you cancel first. I went and got a pre-paid Visa and put $15 bucks on it, so no one can just debit it whenever they want! You have to be cautious online.

• Be
    BEATRIZ ALCARAZ Mar 29, 2009

I never received my free trial and you charge me for that also you are charging me for the product
    103.44 dls and i dont have the product i want my money back all the amount that you to off from my debit card 103.44 dls on 3/29/09 at 8:40 am
    my name is BEATRIZ ALCARAZ .PLEASE PUT MY MONEY BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE .

• Be
    beatriz alcaraz Mar 30, 2009

YESTURDAY THEY TOOK OUT MONEY FROM MY DEBIT CARD FOR SOMETHIG THAT I DONT HAVE I NEED MY MONEY BACK ASASP THE TOTAL NOW APPERS 89.95DLS HOPE YI HAVE IT TODAY . YESTURDAY I WROTE TO YOU SO THEY TOLD ME IT TAKES 24HRS .SO I NEED MY MONEY TODAY IT WAS YOUR MISTAKE .

• Ka
    Karen Stone Apr 02, 2009

I want to return this product and I can not find any way to retune the item. I don't like the way that it makes me feel. How do I get in touch with their return department.

• Ji
    jinxers Apr 06, 2009

Ya, they ripped me off too!! Thing is they are only about 30 miles from me in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca..
    Don't know if reporting them to Consumers Affairs will do any good..I didn't see any terms and conditions. Just a place for your name, address and card number. Don't be fooled by the Acai Berry either..They did the same thing. They're all a scam!!!

• Bl
    BLN Apr 07, 2009

Yes, I had the same thing happen to me. Their terms are not clear on the web site and my credit card was charged also. THE PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK. Acai Berry DO NOT WORK EITHER. and I was scammed on that also. What can we do? Is there anyone out there who know how to get my money back?

BLN

Maria Apr 10, 2009

The same exact scam happened to me where you pay S & H only for a 15 day trial, but lo and behold on the 15th day they charge your account 89.95 and refuse a refund even when I sent the product back (which was received the same day). What a bunch of lowlives. I will complain to every possible organization, the more people that complain, the more likely something will be done. I plan on contacting the BBB, the FTC, the Internet Fraud Complaint Center and the Attorney General's office in CA where they are based. I also will be contacting the media and every other complaint organization that I can find.

• Mo
    Monica Pilotzi Apr 10, 2009

I want to return this product and I can not find any way to retune the item. How do I get in touch with their return department.

• Je
    jen Apr 11, 2009

How do i get ahold of them to get the cancel form, this is ridiculous and i did not agree to theis 89 dollar crap!!! jennifer

• Je
    jen Apr 11, 2009

My bank gave me a number to get ahold of them [protected] and i didn't even use any of the prodduct and they told me that if i email [protected]@maxcolon.com with my name, zip and that i want to cancel sub. and get a refund that they will send me the refund, i am going to email right now and we will see how that goes.

j a allan Apr 11, 2009

I, too, was charged for an order that I did make. My visa is charged $85.18. What to do now?

j a allan Apr 11, 2009

I, too, was charged on my visa for something I did not order. It was a $85.18 charge. What do I do now?

johnl Apr 13, 2009

yes, i cant believe that all of these television network and their celebrities are backing such a irresposible company. i also got ripped off. did you know that the person you speak to on the telephone is just a telemarketer that pulls your information up on his/her home computer? they can tell you that "yes, we see that you have requested a refund", but when you ask to speak to someone other than that person, they are unable to connect you with a supervisor or manager. i ordered the free trial on March 7, 2009 and left and went out of town so i didn't use the product at anytime before the 15 day trail period. i put in a request for my refund on the 23 of March and now 13 days into the next month and 5 emails (no response) later im still without my 89.95. they tell you that you have to email them that is the only way that they will respond but that is a lie too. the product for me was not as good as the old fashion dieters tea for 4.99. do you know how i can get my refund? it would be greatly appreciated.

• Na
    nardia stroman Apr 13, 2009

ordered the max colon for the shipment and handling price. notice that my account was hit for 89.95. the product did'nt work and i tried to call i got no answer. i want a refund because i had no idea that they would charge me for that. I would appericiate you will give me my money back.

• Mr
    mrsquigles Apr 13, 2009

But did it take your colon to the max?

• Ri
    Ripped off in California Apr 13, 2009

Max Colon is a complete scam. DO NOT and I repeat DO Not fall for it. The product does not work. They say to cancel within 15 days, but make it impossible to cancel and then automatically ship and bill a months worth of the product. Then they will not allow you to get a refund.

• Ti
    Tim Apr 14, 2009

Max Colon is a SCAM. Not only do they remove funds from your account, the PRODUCT does not work. I repeat: the PRODUCT does not work. All their internet blogs are scams. I was stupid to have fallen for this even though the bottle reads "the product has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration". Their terms and conditions are hiden when purchasing. They claim that their terms and conditions states you have a 15-day trail from the time of purchase, the product arrives at your posseseeion 5 days after purchase... and they expect you to decide if the product works for you in 10days or less??? SCAM SCAM SCAM. They got me this time. Don't fall for it. Same thing goes for ACAI BERRY Detox and all other products of sort.

• Lu
    Lucile Wright Apr 18, 2009

Max colon took 89.95 out of my account on 4/18/2009 . i have cancel
    my subscription and i was told that i had to email you to get a refund
    so i am requesting a refund.
    Thanks
    Lucile Wright

• Wv
    WVgirl Apr 22, 2009

Same thing happened to me. Now I have the auto ship canceled, but I cannot get anyone to respond to me so I can get a refund back for the 2 new bottles!!!

• Mp
    mphrose Apr 23, 2009

I am requesting a refund of $89.95 for this product.

• Gr
    Graciela R Soliz Apr 25, 2009

When I first ordered the trail supply I was never told that I would automatically be enrolled to recvied a shipment every 30 days I am asking for a refund who has 90.00 dollars a month to pay for this things and was not even able to take the trail product they make me very ill maybe I should send you my medical bill and a letter from Doctor who said NO ONE should be taking this pill so I demand my money back

• Ba
    bad service Apr 28, 2009

I ordered their product and then was automatically enrolled in their plan to get automatic shipments of which is very unclear when you order your "free trial" now I have cancelled but not until after they already charged me $89.95 for their product. This is a scam - don't order from this company!! Now they won't even refund me on a shipment I have not even received!!! Not an honorable company or offer!!!

• Ai
    Aisha Howard Apr 28, 2009

I want my money back you charged my account for sumthing I didnt order!!! I want my money back!!!

• Ev
    evelyn Apr 29, 2009

i was intereted enough max colon, but not working and taken money from my checkin acc. i never called for an autorization! please cancell my suscription! i needed my money back! thanks!

• Sc
    scam Apr 29, 2009

There is something you can do about this. If you put it on your credit card, they should protect you up to a certain amount. Dont buy anything on the internet with your banking account. My credit card refunded me for the charges and filing a complaint with the company.

Maxcolon Customer Relations Apr 29, 2009

Please be aware, the terms and conditions are stated clearly in several locations on our webpage. This is a continuity program for the marjority of our customers who wish to reach the maximum effect. In fact, you MUST agree to the terms and conditions before we can even process your application. We do hope this has cleared up any confusion. If you wish to return the product for a refund you may do so by contacting [protected]@maxcolon.com.

Maria in PA Apr 29, 2009

AN ABSOLUTE SCAM!!! I'VE JUST HAD CONVERSATION WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON WHO WAS UNBEVELIVABLY RUDE!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I AM NOW GOING TO REPORT THIS TO BANK AND WILL HOPEFULLY BE ABLE TO GET A REFUND FOR THESE CHARGES!

Maria in PA Apr 29, 2009

Guess what - if you order the free trial for Acai Berry Detox, it is also a SCAM! I've tried to cancel both of these but still haven't received promised e-mails with these cancellations!! How do I know if I have successfully been able to cancel and won't receive any more surprise charges? Has anyone had any luck with this yet?

• Gl
    gloria Apr 29, 2009

the company said I ordered 2 of the colon cleanses and I only ordered one of them BUT was charged for 2 .Now they won't refund me my extra charge of $89.95 I was told to contact the attorney generals office for this matter. or to send an email to www.ftc.gov and they would handle the matter.
    These companies need to be put out of business.

• St
    STucker Apr 30, 2009

This JUST happened to me! Do NOT purchase Max Colon. I purchased the 15 day trial...probably received the product almost a week later. IF there was a term & conditions portion it was so tiny that itwas in no way visible. I purchased the product 4/9/09...and called 4/24 when I noticed $89.95 charged to me debit card. I told them I was not aware of this charge and to please refund me. The lady was very quick in saying "your membership has been canceled and you will be receiving a refund." Everytime I called thereafter they say you have to send an email to 'support' in order to answer billing questions. Which is SO frustrating because they will not give you a phone number. Each email stated that I should have read the terms because it said you had to cancel your membership in 15 days...don't know about yall but 4/9 -4/24 is 15 days...When I kept calling they had said my membership was canceled and that the pills had NOT been shipped...so I was thinking ok...if they haven't been shipped why wont they refund me? I canceled on the 15th day so what is going on? Well right when I told them I was working on disputing the charge with my bank they said OH THE PILLS ARE ON THE WAY and they offered to refund me $41...no thank you I told them. Then they tried to say that if i canceled the dispute they would refund me fully...obviously I do not trust this company so I just sent them an email stating that I was sticking to my dispute. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. They will not refund you, even if you cancel on time.

Maxcolon Customer Relations Apr 30, 2009

We do apologize for the unsatisfactory reaction to our product, however, we cannot predict how your body will respond. Had you read the terms and conditions at the time of applying, you would have understood the nature of your subscription. This being said, of course we accept returns. Please email [protected]@maxcolon.com to request instructions on how to return the product for a refund.

Maxcolon Customer Relations Apr 30, 2009

Please be aware, when you initially sign up for the trail sample you MUST agree to our terms and conditions. We are unable to process anyone's application if this is not accepted, therefore, you have agreed to future charges. These terms are clearly stated in several locations on our website. Please call our customer service line to request the tracking number to your package and to request instructions on how to return your package for a refund. As for any multiple charges, if a customer service representative has advised you there are two accounts opened in your name, this would have had to be done by yourself. We DO NOT open second accounts under ANYONE'S name. We do hope this has clarified any concerns you may have had regarding your account.

MAXCOLONSTINKS May 01, 2009

Max Colon has to trick consumers into purchasing their lousy product. I got suckered into their "free trial" and initial $89.95 charge. They say to simply email their "customer service" (anything but) department for a RMA (return merchandise authorization) number to take advantage of their stated "guaranteee policy" on all orders on their web site. I had to email six times and talk four times on the phone with their idiotic phone reps who simply give you the run around and kept telling me to email them again and I finally got an RMA number from them. Their policy states you must return the product within 15 days of their original ship date, but they took almost two weeks to deliver their first "auto-ship" to me. Before return their lousy product, I took photos of their original package, my UPS package with RMA numbers on both and their actual ship date clearly visible and returned with UPS delivery verification. I used my credit card and disputed the charge with them because I don't believe these snakes will ever issue me an actual credit back to my account.
    Max Colon is a sleazy company and their product is no better than much cheaper fiber alternatives. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Da
    Dan May 01, 2009

I ordered a trial of their product and there wasn't any mention of a "subscription" associated with this trial. Next thing I know I am hit up for $89.95 charge to my credit card.

CS rep say he will cancel the subscription and that product was already shipped and he would email me details in an email on how to "request" a refund. I ask to speak to someone about it now and he says no one works on weekends (it is 1.:15 PM Friday (CST) and that all requests take 48 hours to process.

The email comes with a time stamp (that is wrong) with cancellation confirmation but nothing about how to request a refund, they don't even have a phone number or name on the email so this tells me they know it is fraudulent and they are trying to steal my money.

DO NOT DEAL WITH COMPANIES LIKE THIS!

• Co
    CommonSense May 01, 2009

"Their customer service says it was on the website and I would have had to acknowledge multiple time (a lie) that this was what they were offering."

It does. You just have to read it.

• Da
    Dan May 01, 2009

under the terms and conditions is does say say that but nowhere in the checkout process does it cover that.

And it says that after 15 days trial there will be an auto ship unless cancelled. I ordered on 4/17/09 and I have charges today 5/1/09 for $89.95 and that isn't 15 days! 15 days would be tomorrow so they charged my card on the day I was calling to cancel and they told me it had already shipped.

This company has thousands of complaints and they have to know they are doing a very unethical manner of business that is very deceptive. Just Google MAXCOLON complaints and see for yourself. The vast majority of victims won't ever file out of embarrassment or lack of knowledge on how to file a complaint with the BBB and the CA Attorney Generals office.

Maxcolon Customer Relations May 01, 2009

You must contact us directly to request instructions on how to return the product for a refund.

• Ca
    carmen May 01, 2009

Is their a way that I can get a refund...I found out htat I can't takes those cuz I have thyroid deseas .my # is 185087 ..can u cancell it and get my money back and I can send the product back...plz