Martha's Siamese And BalineseUnhealthy kitten

M Review updated:

On 12/21/08 I purchased a kitten from this breeder as a gift for my wife. Unfortunetly the kitten was born with or contracted a virus called FIP. FIP is an uncurable disease and the kitten had to be put to sleep.The 1st phone call i made to the breeder she stated her apologies and said she would replace the kitten. The following day she called me back and told me she does not back a kitten with this disease. Although it states in her contract that the kitten comes with a 1 year health guarentee not mentioning FIP at all. The long and short of it is I need to replace a cat and she will niether give me a kitten or give me my money back, therfore small claims court papers have been filed on 02/19/09.

• Jc
    jcoesq May 16, 2019

Very unpleasant experience with this breeder, gave her a $300.00 deposit in April 2018 for 2 kittens. In April 2019, the breeder had available kittens but suddenly said she no longer wanted to sell us her kittens and she would be returning our deposit check to us. I have called and sent a letter, but have still not received a return of the deposit check. Left with no choice but to contact the Better Business Bureau and will sue her in small claims Court if necessary. Buyer beware with this breeder...

• Ev
    Evec44 Jan 31, 2020

@jcoesq I purchased two Balinese cats from Ms Biers. One in 2015 and the other in 2016. We have never had any issues with their health or with Linda. Linda was fair and reasonable, having a pet is not for everyone. We wanted 2 females and unfortunately she cannot guarantee the sex or color of her kittens and we took ended up with two males and they are the best cats. We receive many compliments. Linda has kept in touch with our family throughout the years, she has been in business for a long time, my experience has been Linda wants to make sure her cats are being treated and cared for properly. Am happy to appear in court to support Ms Biers. She really wants the best for her cats and to satisfy her customers requests.

• Ki
    Kiki_Zinnias Mar 13, 2017

I have a beautiful lilac point balinese I adopted from this breeder in May 2016; she is absolutely beautiful. We took her to the vet and she commented on how well cared for she was and the fact that she was in very good health. I found Ms. Biers to be very involved, careful and meticulous with her cats. I highly recommend her. We celebrated our kitty's 1st birthday this past week.

• Ve
    Very sadd Nov 27, 2009

On october 5, 2009 I purchased a kitten from Mrs Biers, took kitten to my vet, he was very surprised that my kitten was chunky and very clean .. I did research on this breeder and it's amazing how many people I spoke with and everyone has nothing bad to say about this breeder .. I also spoke to her vet which Mrs Biers ran various test on all of her adult cats and they are deemed to be perfect .. If Mrs Biers needs me in court I will be more than happy to be there along with several people who purchased siamese kittens within the last year !!! these ladies are very nice and is very concern about their kittens . it's a shame people in this world has nothing better to do with thier lives than to accuse people of being bad breeders when in reality you must have failed to take care of your kitten ..Good Luck ! but I believe defamation of character on the internet, she should counter sue these people ..

• Si
    siamese kitten Oct 07, 2009

On 12/12/08 I purchased 2 kittens from Linda Biers 1 seal point and lilac point and they are very healthy. I had a cat for 2 yrs and it died of FIP which I was so upset when I called this breeder she was wonderful very sympathetic but then she told me the bad news I could not purchase any of her kittens for 6 mths until my home was disease free, I was highly offended but then I understood what she meant after I called my Vet. So if this breeder was greedy she would not have refused to sell me my kittens. as a matter of fact I am purchasing another kitten this weekend a male seal point !

• Si
    siamese kitten Oct 07, 2009

I recently purchased 2 kittens from this breeder and my kittens are very health I went to this breeders home and she is very clean, I think she was a little wierd when she had my husband and me remove our shoes and wash our hands with antibacterial soap .. she also called to check on the kittens a week later and to actually ask for pictures in the near future. I highly recommend this breeder to anyone. As far as the complaints I spoke to Mrs Biers and she informed me what had happened. How can anyone buy an animal and blame the breeder 1 yr later .. what do you think a health gurantee lasts forever? she actually gives 6 mths what breeder out there does that .. all these accusation should stop cause this is a wonderful breeder ... you guys need a life !!

chris chaput Aug 18, 2009

All,
    I also purchased a kitten from Linda and he had FIP and had to put him to sleep at 11 months old. This is a sick breeder who knows shes in the wrong. hopefully a class action lawsuit can be formed against her, i think that it will be stronger than a single small claims case. It was a horrible thing and there is no doubt that my kitten and im sure the kittens of those who have lost had amazing personalities and were tragically ill because of anothers greed. i just wonder how these ladies sleep at night knowing how much hurt they have put multiple families though.

Chris

• Ca
    catlover Apr 19, 2009

No one can put in a sales contract that they guarantee against FIP, as most cats have at some point already been exposed to the coronoavirus, which unfortunately occasionally "mutates", as I understand it, into the lethal form/disease FIP..Any honest breeder will tell you that. if he or she has bred cats long enough, that hthey have had one or more case in their cattery-and it does not mean they had to have kept an unsanitary, a filthy home . it can be highly contagious ... yet many vets have also told me there is definitely a genetic component to it...