Marine Federal Credit Unionbanking

M Sep 11, 2018

I previously had an account with Marine Federal Credit Union that had approximately $11 in it. And then unauthorized charges were attempted on the account. The attempted charges were not authorized by me, nor did they have anything whatsoever to do with any products or services I have, so I have benefited in no way financially from any transaction or attempted transaction.

Some of the transactions - which totaled less than $30 or so - were attempted multiple times, and this was while I was not even in the United States. The unauthorized attempted charges then prompted Marine Federal Credit Union to confiscate my $11 and concoct approximately $300 worth of fees for these attempted charges. I notified Marine Federal Credit Union that these attempted charges were not authorized by me and filed a claim pursuant to instructions. Marine Federal Credit Union ignored my claim, confiscating (i.e. stealing) my $11 and also placed derogatory remarks onto my credit report, when I was the one who had $11 confiscated from me.

This conduct is outrageous, especially considering the fact I'm a disabled veteran. The only way to remedy this is for MFCU to remove the derogatory remarks from my credit report and return me the $11 or so that I had in my account.

More Marine Federal Credit Union Complaints & Reviews