Mango Airlines / FlyMangoflight delay

On September 29th 2019 JE826 George to Johannesburg scheduled for 4.30pm was delayed to 6.00pm but did not leave till 6.30pm. The very helpful gentleman at checkin realised Mango had neglected it's duty of care by not responding to my husband's request for a wheelchair sent 5th September. He assured we would make our connecting South African Flight to Perth scheduled for 9.45pm and issued us with boaring passes all the way. Upon landing there was no wheelchair for my husband. So we walked a distance before hailing a wheelchair, collected our luggage marked priority and went straight to South African counter only to be denied boarding because we were too late to check in our luggage. What responsibility do you take for us missing our connecting flight and lack of duty of care to your customer given we were assured we would not miss our flight a nd a wheelchair would meet upon landing but DID NOT?

• Updated by JAColes, Oct 09, 2019