Malaysia Airlines / cancelled flight compensation

47200 Subang
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Malaysia

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Compensation claim for cancelled flight
Booking reference: U2XRL3

I am writing regarding flight MH0791on 01 March 2019 due to depart from HKT Phuket to KUL Kuala Lumpur at the scheduled departure time of 18.10pm This flight was cancelled 17.5 hours plus a further 10hour wait for connecting flight at Kuala Lumpur before flying and I am seeking compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 for this flight.

I run my own business and the delay cost me a days earnings on Saturday 2nd March.

The passengers in the party were
Gemma Katherine Hannah Peake
Samuel Thomas Read

My scheduled flight length was 981.6 a total to Heathrow airport of
9906.68 km and no alternative flight offered caused us to be grounded at Phuket. I'm therefore seeking compensation of €600 per passenger in my party. The total is €1200 for all passengers.

We will also need to claim for refreshments at the airport drinks at a total of 330THB
receipt evidence attached

The total compensation sought is $1200 plus 330THB

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could mean taking it to court.

Yours faithfully,
Gemma Peake

Ge
Mar 3, 2019

Comments

• Fl
      6th of Apr, 2019

Miss Gemma Peake & Mr Samuel Read
    Flat 2 princess court
    Wickford
    Essex

The complaint does not look ready for the lodging in the court as :-

1. It is unclear, was the 1 March 2019 MH0791 flight (Phuket - Kuala Lumpur) cancelled ?

2. Were offered the alternative flight by Malaysia Airlines at Phuket, obviously, following your complaint?

3. Which flight was missed by you or was cancelled against your wish and, which had the destination at the United Kingdom airport on 1 or 2 March 2019?

4. Have the Malaysia Airlines air carrier issued the reply / compensation?

Regards.