Malaysia Airlines / cancelled flight compensation
Miss Gemma Peake & Mr Samuel Read
Flat 2 princess court
Malaysia Airlines Head Office
Ground Floor, Admin Building 1A
MAS Complex A
Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Dear Sir or Madam,
Re: Compensation claim for cancelled flight
Booking reference: U2XRL3
I am writing regarding flight MH0791on 01 March 2019 due to depart from HKT Phuket to KUL Kuala Lumpur at the scheduled departure time of 18.10pm This flight was cancelled 17.5 hours plus a further 10hour wait for connecting flight at Kuala Lumpur before flying and I am seeking compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 for this flight.
I run my own business and the delay cost me a days earnings on Saturday 2nd March.
The passengers in the party were
Gemma Katherine Hannah Peake
Samuel Thomas Read
My scheduled flight length was 981.6 a total to Heathrow airport of
9906.68 km and no alternative flight offered caused us to be grounded at Phuket. I'm therefore seeking compensation of €600 per passenger in my party. The total is €1200 for all passengers.
We will also need to claim for refreshments at the airport drinks at a total of 330THB
receipt evidence attached
The total compensation sought is $1200 plus 330THB
I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could mean taking it to court.
More Malaysia Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Malaysia Airlines - lost luggage with puny compensation! 
- Malaysia Airlines - flight retimed 
- Malaysia Airlines - cancellation charges
- Malaysian Airline - excess baggage charge 
- Malaysia Airlines - horrible attitude 
- Malaysia Airlines - lost property
- Malaysia Airlines - baggage loss
- Malaysia Airlines - delayed luggage with missing lock and contents ransacked 
- Malaysia Airlines - defaults on mas system 
- Malaysia Airlines - missing handphone and cash money