Makro Alberton Liquor Storepoor service at the till points

Jo Oct 10, 2019

I visit the Makro liquor store every so often as I enjoy the specials and their wide selection of sparkling wine. However, it is generally a task I take on with dread as the tills are very often reduced to one being in operation. Last week yhere was a huge order going through the one and only open till point. Next in line was a couple in front of me and, eventually, I had eight people queuing behind me. We all stood there expecting another till to be opened, but nothing happened. Eventually I phone the call centre, whilst I stood in the queue. The lady was extremely helpful and said she would contact the manager immediately. A few minutes later an extremely sullen person appeared and opened a second till. This is not a once off occurrence. The manager is out of touch with his staff and his customers. The attitude of the staff is resentful and unpleasant. That is why there is no point in asking for the manager to rectify the situation as the hostility in the store is very evident. Makro needs to raise their game in staff training.

• Makro Online Customer Care's Response, Oct 12, 2019

Good day Jo Burton,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the customer service you received in our store and for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have contacted Alberton's management to attend to the matter and the soonest feedback is received, we will contact you.

Feedback is to be relayed within 48 working hours.

Kind Regards,
    Makro Complaints Board Team

• Makro Online Customer Care's Response, Oct 14, 2019

Good day Jo Burton,

I hope you are well today.

Kindly be advised that Management in store would like to contact you with regards to the complaint you brought to our attention. Please advise on your Makro Card number or your contact details so they can give you a call.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,