Complaints & Reviews

nonexistent customer service/unable to return item

I ordered an item and paid extra for overnight shipping. It didn't arrive until 4 days later. So paying for overnight shipping was a huge waste of money to begin with. When I got the item it seemed of poor quality and not matching the description. I got instructions to return the item including a return authorization number. I mailed the package back to the address they provided as instructed, including the RA#. Within a couple weeks, the return package came back to me, marked Refused/Return To Sender! They refused to accept delivery of my return even though I followed their instructions. So I tried calling their customer service number. I called many times over several days and every time I got a busy signal or an endless ringing with no answer. Finally I reached a voice mailbox and I left a message describing my situation. A few days later I received a voice mail from them, and the person gave me a number to call back. When I called the number I reached a store in the mall - a completely unrelated business! When I tried calling back the number they called me from, it was an invalid number and would not connect. I feel like they are running some kind of scam and I have been completely ripped off for the cost of the item, the inflated cost of overnight shipping (which I did not get) and the cost of the return package that I had to send to them which they refused! Avoid this scam company at all costs!!

[Resolved] Money extortion

A malicious defamatory review was posted on their website, from an individual hired to tarnish reputations. This review was entirely libelous, and they knew it. When I requested that they have it removed because it is totally untrue and was removed from other websites due to its malicious defamatory nature, they sent me an email ASKING FOR MONEY TO HAVE THIS POST REMOVED!!! THEY ASKED FOR 25 USD TO SEND IT TO THE IT !!! I think this is pure extortion, and that they should remove the defamatory post without charging me, in fact I am the one who should be asking for compensation.
Please make them remove the defamatory post without charging me.
Attached are screenshots of the defamatory malicious post, and their email asking me for extortion money.

Money extortion
Money extortion

Makemeheal
RESOLVED

Makemeheal Sep 28, 2016

Hello Dr Wilson,

We asked you for this fee as we investigate each review to make sure it is valid and that it was created by an actual patient, . We have the ability to record IP addresses when reviews are posted and we contact patients to confirm their identity. We can also see when a doctor had good reviews that were written by his staff as the IP address is generally the same...
    Investigating takes time and our employees deserve to be compensated for it.

We charge doctors for advertising on our website (http://www.makemeheal.com/directory/profcenter/index.php) but you have not been charged until today despite your profile being reviewed thousands of times...so to call our request an "extortion" is quite hurtful to us.

At any rate, your profile and the reviews associated to your profile have been removed at no cost. Next time, you can let us know that $25 fee is too expensive for you and we would have helped without hesitation.

Best wishes to your practice.

Defamatory review posted on their website

Found a defamatory review on their website from a person (called Ramzy) who I never met nor had any procedure...

Make Me Heal

Disorganized company!

I ordered some stuff from them and it took them forever to deliver my order! I asked many times about the delivery date and they said that they did not know! What kind of company is that? I was supposed to get my order in few weeks but it took them over two month to deliver one small package! Makemeheal shipping service is super small and their reps are ridiculous They don't know anything and are completely useless!

Do not trust them

Do not buy anything from this web site!!! First the stuff does not look original and you will not get your stuff for about 4-6 weeks after you place your order. When you call customer service they do not even care. They are very unprofessional and very disorganized.

Ambiguous Marketing

Return options offer return/exchange; however, I called them and found out the will only do refunds and it could take up to 2-3 weeks for it to post to credit card and then you have go in and reorder the item in the correct size. Upon reaching so-called Customer Service, they were unconcerned that these garments were necessary for me to heal and they did not state their practices upfront. I informed them I would be replacing the order with a different company. I pray they don't steal my monies upon receipt of the items. I tried one garment on without deodorant and while wearing a full long sleeve compression shirt to eliminate contamination of the garment and determined that I had measured incorrectly and needed a smaller size in all three items; therefore, not requiring the trying on of the other two garments. I just hope they will return my full purchase price.

Scam

Too late

I ordered a product from Make Me Heal online in an emergency situation after a surgery for my daughter. In my haste, I ordered one day shipping ($25) on a Thursday night, not realizing it would not get to me until Monday, which was too late. E-mailed company on Saturday, but of course, no one responded and when I checked tracking of item I knew it would not get to me until Monday.

I spoke with them on Monday and they said it was not their fault, that I should know one day shipping is business days only. I only asked them to pay for return shipment ($10) because we could not use the product and I felt their website did not clearly state their shipping terms. Also, as stated on their website, "An important part of our work at Make Me Heal is to bring back the human element in relationships and interactions between businesses and consumers. At Make Me Heal, you're not a consumer...You're a friend. As a friend, you should be able to freely reach us with ease".

Easy to reach, but not a friend. They would not help at all and said they were a very successful company, and basically did not need my business.

• Ad
    Adi Bendall May 26, 2010

I find "Make me Heal" Products are scam. I ordered the Pre Op and Post Op Vitamins and it looks like they just buy cheap vitamins and repackage them. The multivitamin in the Pre and Post Op looks identical and there is no guarantee on the label that their products meet the U.S. Pharmaceutical standards, potency and quality. I complained to the customer service and received no reply from them at all. Save your money and buy a high quality vitamins with a guarantee of quality elsewhere. Make me Heal is a money-making scam!

• Li
    LittleMo6 Jun 14, 2011

I am still waiting for the clarinsonic device which I ordered on May 25th. I live overseas so it was an international order. The product has still not arrived though my tracking says it was attempted to be delivered three times. This is a nonsense as someone was always home on the dates indicated. I am dealing with an email/reply service and am just going around in circles. I will never order anything from this company again so be warned everyone.

• Ka
    kayster Feb 27, 2013

Please be careful if you are ordering items from this company. I ordered a below the knee compression suit from this company 1 month prior to my surgery, when the item I received the item it was too small. I called them so that I could get approval to send the item back and they approved it. However, when they received my returned item they did not give me back my money right away. If I had forgotten to call and check on my refund I would not have gotten my money. When I brought this to the service reps attention she said " oh yes, we were going to take care of this today or tomorrow". Yeah right ! Also the new item that I ordered while I was waiting on a refund was defective with big holes on the left leg and I had to take it to a professional to have it repaired in time for the surgery.
    if at all possible please buy your garnet somewhere else.. Try the marina group

• Ai
    aimeeperle Oct 26, 2014

This answer is for Baltimore2223.
    When an order is placed on a Thursday night for expedited shipping. It is guaranteed to be shipped on Friday, otherwise shipping is refunded. So it is very unlikely that the order was placed on Thursday. Our shipping policies are posted in our website, and we always abide by them. Here is the link:http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/help/shipping/index.vm
    Furthermore our business days are Monday-Friday, and it is also posted on our website, so when Baltimore2223 called on a Saturday we were closed for business.
    We are indeed FRIENDS, and even though we have rules, and regulations to follow, most of the time we extend ourselves, and try to satisfy our customers.

Bad business practices

I needed their product immediately and ordered on a Thursday night, one day shipping. The product arrived on Monday, too late. Their website did have a check off for Saturday delivery, but I was incorrect to assume it would be delivered Saturday. It cost me $25 for one day shipping. I asked them to pay for return shipping because I felt their website should have not allowed me to do a one day shipping and since I could not use the product it would be good customer relations. They were very nasty about this and basically said it was my fault for not understanding I would not get it until Monday. They also stated they are a very successful company and in so many words said they don't need my business.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices