majicjack.comrip off

P

Majicjack rip off

My majicjack broke in just 2 months. I purchased a 5 year deal. This product is not made to last 5 years. When I asked for a replacement they said they don’t replace if it’s broken. I was willing to pay the $19.95 for the replacement. But they tried to make me buy a new unit. After chatting a 4th time they agreed. To replace it. Charged my credit card they have on record. Was told $39.95 will be on hold till I send back my broken unit. Now my card has been charged for $39.95 .which my bank authorized. I get a mail from majicjack stating my card was declined. Instead of receiving the replacement. Now I have cancelled the order. But they have charged me $39.95. .this is cheating .they refused to call my bank and clarify if there was some system glitch. They say it was declined by bank. Now I have to file a claim. This is a waste of time. A big time rip off .this product is not made to last 5 years. 2 months it broke .I paid over $ 100 for 5years it lasted 2 months and now they have charged another $ 39.95.

More majicjack.com Complaints & Reviews

• Bj
    bjacks5 Nov 28, 2012

I have had Magic Jack for 3 years or more with no problem BUT i just got out of the VA hospital and now I cannot make contact with anyone ( i forgot Password ) No way to retrive it ) I have purchased 3 units and can't make a local call why don't you have a way to change Passwords or connect to a rep .Since my hospital stay, I have no money for another unit .
    [email protected], net
    [protected]

• Co
    colleen henry Apr 03, 2012

I have sign up for 5 years plus a year came with the magic jack, that was 3/.8/2011 they discontinued my service 3/12/2012 and there is no one to I can speak with to be reconnected, . can someone give me a # to call.

• Ro
    robert munden Mar 07, 2012

I called them 5 times and as soon as I said I want a refund they cut me off. so I call my bank and made a report to recover my funds they stole from my bank acct w/o my permission and was not notified they were billimg me and I was not renewing with them.

• Sc
    SCAM 98 Jan 27, 2011

THIS IS THE WORSEST PRODUCT IN THE WORLD THE PEOPLE THAT HEAR BEEPS LIKE I DO AND MY FRIENDS I THINK SOME ONE IS HEARING EVERYTHING THAT YOU ARE SAYING, SO YES YOUR CALLS ARE BEING SPYED ON MC ADVEE TELLS ME THAT THIS IS NOT A SECURE SITE AND CALLS YOU MAKE CAN BE OVERHEARD BY OTHER COUNTRIES SUCH AS, IRAQ, IRAN SO IF YOU WANT INFORMATION OUT TO THE WRONG PEOPLE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IT IS A SCAM AND THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STEP IN WATCH OUT PEOPLE THIS IS BAD FOR SECURITY REASONS!!!

• Sh
    Shortstroke21 Aug 23, 2009

I was interested in majic jack but found out through their website that it will not work with sattelite high speed internet i.e. Hughes net, Wildblue and others I do not know about.
    Thank goodness I did not order one and go through the hassel of wondering why it would not work.

• Ze
    Zev Leff Aug 04, 2009

Our Majic Jack has not been working for a few days. It says to connect to the internet and then double click. It is connected and still doesn't work. We get a dial tone, dial the number and then nothing happens. Please help us fix th majic jack. Our e-mail is [email protected] The majic jack number is [protected]

• GlamorousBrett Jul 06, 2009

I have had this product for almost a month and I have had no issues with this product. But one, I was able to chat with a live agent and they help fix my majicjack. However, if you are using Windows 7 if may not work on your system (I am assuming forgive me if I am wrong). I have had nothing but greatness to say.

• Lu
    lulubell Jun 30, 2009

dont give up on this, try a lawsuit, companies listen when they see your not going to take it. Bad publicity can break a company.

• Lu
    lulubell Jun 30, 2009

I was impressed with the long distance calls that i could make however; the people on the other end that i called said that they could hear a beep several times in the conversation as if someone was pushing buttons on my end. What the heck is this? How can i correct the quality? So far to date this is the only thing im dissatisfied with.

• Ri
    riveraisa May 18, 2009

I LOVE my Majicjack. I love the ease of it too.
    1. When you go to make a call you have to wait approximately 30 seconds or less to wait for the dial tone.
    Once you dial the number you have to wait perhaps another 30 second delay. What is one minute for the price of less than $20.00 a year for service.
    2. When there is an incoming call you have to wait again to hear the person on the other line.
    3. The incoming calls are in your email box and when you listen to the message make a file for majicjack and save the messages there so if you need to refer back to a call you have the message saved!
    Like I said I love majicjack and I am telling anyone that will listen that they should give up their land lines and get majicjack!

• Or
    Ora May 11, 2009

wow really glad i found this site before ording the majic jack i was telling my aunt this might be a good thing but i think will wait until they have everything all worked out and and get help with thier service dept,
    if i order something and it doesn't work and i have no real help it's not worth it to me i would rather spend the money on my phone bill

• Po
    Pop May 10, 2009

False advertising - Easy as 1-2-3 ...NOT!...forgot to mention 24 point agreement. Need a lawyer to review this lengthy document.***

John Shaver May 05, 2009

I have dsl, I have windows XP, YES...it is a scam. There is no phone number to call for help... no phone number to get your money back... no return customer service address. A COMPLETE scam. I get dail tone... NEVER got to register... followed the only 2 directions for not working... will not let anyone register... it will shut down your computer. Those "good" reports are from people paid to put "good" reports on web sites. Save your money.

• Ro
    robert h May 04, 2009

I CAN NOT RECIVE CALLS

• Le
    Leonard Tompkins Apr 24, 2009

I paid for the 3 year extended use on the 6th of June 2008 and you have stopped my service as of April 22 2009
    [email protected] DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

• Jr
    JRR Mar 30, 2009

Yes majicJack does work, but only with a high speed internet connection. It does not work with an aircard or dial-up. What worries me and is what the public needs to know is that every time you use majicJack you are using it in a unsecure route. According to McAfee security you are vulnerable to viruses and scams. also whats up with no techinical support via telephone. I feel for everyone because I got took to, have an aircard and doesn't work. it has 5 second delay or worse. in my opinion it is not the product majicJack sayes it is. Maybe in the future they will improve thier product or will be just a passing through temporary company making millions while thier in business. In this day and time we live in a buyer beware society.

God bless everyone
    JRR

• melody Mar 24, 2009

I have had it for about a year give or take a month and I have had a few issues come up but I mostly figured them out on my own but now the thing won't work and I can't get my husband to look at it I not sure if we have been billed yet for this year but when I try to use it the computer says it needs to be plugged in but it is plugged in and then the computer say new hard wear found not reconized but i can't get it to work! so now what!
    i wish I could get my hubby to look at it please call me if you figure out what I am doing wrong I love my majic jack and miss it!

• Ph
    Phil Mar 12, 2009

Mine has functioned without a single problem. Great online service. Some people will have to use a powered usb hub, tho. Avoid using the short usb cable that comes with unit. In most cases, it will not allow the unit to function. My friends around the country are amazed I'm speaking to them over the net. They can't tell the difference.

Computers which were once used as work stations conected through a network, might not work with majicjack.

Jame Sundheimer Mar 05, 2009

I can not download the updates. The computer puts out a "timed out" report. The download starts fast and recreases after a few minutes. I get an eror code when I get the update page after using the majic jack. What am I doing wrong? James Sundheimer 909.9875531

• Li
    Linda Mar 02, 2009

MajicJack sucks. I try to make a call and just keep getting dial tone. If someone calls in it cuts you off in the middle of the call. It was a waste of money and time trying to get it to work. Sorry I ever ordered it. Teachs you a lesson...Dont believe everything you see on TV.
    [email protected]

SarahMarie Mar 01, 2009

put a lawsuit on them! or do something about it!!!
    don't just sit there and complain!!

• Tw
    twinkles Feb 23, 2009

My experience with majicjack has been as follows:

1) great product for the price. Easy to install and affordable.
    2) problems with no direct contact with a customer service dept/person, I find that to be very poor service. Although, you can get customer service and speak to management. My experience with them was great, however, the problem was not resolve.
    3) Problem I've had since I purchase the majicjack is that when I get incoming calls, the voicemail service does not allow me to retrieve my messages correctly. I have a cordless phone set up to my computer. Thank God my cordless phone has an answering machine so some calls do go right into my answering machine when messages are left. What I have notice though, is that in my e-mail, it tells me about every call I get, but not able to retrieve old messages and some new messages. I feel that I am loosing important potential employment calls. I have a cell phone, but its the principal.
    4) I have had some very polite customer servce techs, while I have had rude technicans that because they lack the knowhow on hot to assist, its easier for them to be simply rude and unprofessional where they have just simply hung up. This has caused more fustrations let alone what the problems one may be having.
    5). Somethings when I dial a phone number to call, I get disconnected and have to redial. I don't know what's up with that, but when I do it again, get a dial tone and re-dial its ok., This should not be happening.
    6). Above all, considering to the price of what one will pay for such an inexpensive service, you can't beat the price. Its at the very least a great way of having a phone to call for any emergencies one may have. I have Verizon for internet services and they both work well.

I just wish they could establish a Customer Service Dept. where the customers that have purchase the product can in fact be service for whatever question(s) one may have. Its imperative to me to be able to extend excellence in Customer Service to customers that your selling your products/service to. After all your paid customers is what keep everyone at majicjack at their jobs and how you all get to eat and bring home your paychecks.

So to end this topic, I am happy with my majicjack, its a great product just has a few cliches to be worked out, but more important is the lack of good Customer Service when one needs it. Experience and patience is also a major factor for keeping your current customers and expanding your sales/servivce/product.

Thank you.

Clearwater, Florida

• Jm
    J.M.G. Feb 12, 2009

I had a problen with majicjack saying it had a broken storage. or it is not pluged in to the usb port. So I moved it into another disk drive reboo tted it, and it started to work. When I turned it off' then went to turn it back on I got the same problem. Jan at the chat room told me to unplug it before I turned it off' then plug it back in once it's up and running. And it is working now after 6 days', 11 persons i had to chat with, and alot of my time. Thanks JAN at majick chat technition help.

• Li
    LINDA L. SMITH Feb 02, 2009

i also was riped off on the 30day charge, they took $68.00 out of my checking the first week, that was the first bad situation, now ever since i had the phone, when i am talking to someone local or long distance i hear a repeat of every thing i say. and that is very irritating, then half the time i hear a loud static sound and then i loose connection, , abd another thing you can never talk to anyone[like customer service] to help you, they just throw up a list of a few thing to try that doesn't work. I left vonage which was a very good company, but geting rid of the $30 .00 a mo. charge and only paying 19.95 which has been way past that.so if i can't get it cleared up this month i will cancel and go back to vonage, very unsatified, Linda Smithm [protected]

• El
    elise desjardins Nov 21, 2008

i had hard time ti make call, always hang up when i try to ring a phone call can you tell me why please.

• Ki
    Kishor Kakade Nov 20, 2008

I followed all the directions, I have a dial tone but, connected to others, I heard caller voice but caller can't heard my voice

• Fa
    Faye Perry Nov 20, 2008

I followed all the directions, I have a dial tone but can't call out, I am returning" majic jack"

• Sc
    scar Nov 19, 2008

I would appreciate more directions when buying a majic jack. I love it so far, but when I get a message then it asks for an extension. On majic jack what is an extension ? All of my phone number?

Javier Porras Nov 17, 2008

What people need to understand about MagicJack is that first, and i know it may be stuped to say but belive me someone will need to hear this, you need a Computer, a desktop or a laptop, Second you need to have Internet service and of course it needs to be hight speed service because dial up service does not work with MagicJack. so If you have a computer with Hight speed internet from any provider you will love to use MagicJack as moch as i do.

• Al
    ALI Nov 14, 2008

What part of 30 day free trial dont they get? I was charged the full amount withing 24 hours and they were only supposed to charge shipping. My finance company that finances my car was not too happy when they couldnt get their car payment cause my account went over balance. Its illegal what they're doing.

john lombino Nov 14, 2008

First of all majicjack billed my charge accout twice for 19.98.Is this charge for two years of use? I'm in the process of haveing the second charge removed.
    Ever time I want to use majicjack to make a call I have a dial tone dial the No. and nothing happens, If this consist I want to send the item back for a refound.
    john lombino [protected].
    Please get back with me so we can revise these issues,

• Ph
    Phil Nov 10, 2008

I must have done something wrong because I can not answer my message or a caller when It rangs. There is no sound on the phone. Is there a place or web site that you can go to, to get instructions

• Wa
    Warren Moulton Oct 14, 2008

I have it and it works great. You must be confused.

• Wa
    Warren Moulton Oct 14, 2008

If it jammed your computer, it is probably something you did. I have it and it works great

• Le
    leonard Sep 25, 2008

The electronics jammed my computer so bad I had to have it repaired.