Maidenhead Auto Repair CentreWhat a joke

I sent my car to this company to have my cambelt fixed on my renult scenic, after being quoted £750 plus vat. They said it would be a 15 hr job. They have now had my car for 11 weeks! At first they told me they had fixed the cambelt but 1 of the sensors had blown! then it was were waiting for a new sensor! That took around 3 wks. then they told me that hadnt worked and the car still wouldnt start, they then told me they were waiting for a renult specialist to tell them what was wrong with it, that took a week. The next thing was oh weve got to book it into a renult garage to diagnose the problem, this again took weeks! Then we got the phone call to say the ECU had broke and needed to be repaird.Its been 11 weeks now and still no car back! The gentleman concearnd called Cam, is the most rude and arragant person i have ever spoken to! i have phoned around numerous garages to ask their opinion of wots happend and ever time i get the same answer. The cambelt brakeing does not cause an ECU to brake! The ECU was working perfectly well up untill it went to this garage, wots happend is when they were putting it all back together, theyve blown 1 of the sensors by putting it in the wrong way and thats blown the ECU! but i cant prove this, all i know is i know that ECU was working perfectly well when the car broke with the cambelt as it told me to stop the car. And they certainly know it was down to them ! Its always been me chasing them constatly and i am sick an tired of being fobbed off, i urge anyone not to use this company, as i would hate anyone to go through what im going through, I JUST WANT MY CAR BACK IN FULL WORKING ORDER, MAIDENHEAD AUTO REPAIR CENTRE! WOT A JOKE!!!

• Wo
    Worst Nightmare Mar 11, 2010

I strongly agree with the above complaint made regarding Maidenhead Auto "lack of Customer relations".

My vehicle had driving attributes so i considered to pop my vehicle into this garage to be diagonsed, i "spoke" to person called kam.He advised me to leave the vehicle to be diagonsed and await for a diag report later part of the day.Now i received a phone call from Maidenhead Auto the following morning to say the report has found faults being the flywheel, Spark plugs initial repairs to vehicle would be in the region of £950 plus Vat.

"I opted for the repairs to be carried out accordingly and advise me upon collection".

Now it has been Two weeks since last contact was made everytime i try to make a contact it fails to get through to Maidenhead Auto the line drops spontaneously. When you do get final contact to reception its like explaining to thin air they clearly brush you off, fob you off, i was left in a mist not clear if i ever will get my car back.

They called me on the 26th February 2010 i was overwhelmed to hear from them 'clearly annoyed ' to the impact that i was virtually banging my head against the wall thats how frustrated they had lead me to be, in a emmotional nightmare .To make matters worse Kam had only called to say the least they have managed to fit the flywheel. But the gear box is nocking and needs to be repaired in order to drive the vehicle on road..I was extermely annoyed at this point as the gear box was recently changed by previous owner i had receipts to prove the work had been carried out they were clearly making false allegations to consume more Labour hours.

Since then i have rebooked my car into another garage and can "say it was not the gear box but the flywheel had been put in incorrectly".All i want is to advise you general members of the public reconsider taking your vehicle to this garage they are a garage from HELL and will leave you no other option but to scrap your vehicle at the local scrap yard.They are daylight theives all the tromour they have made me go through it has been a one hell of a roller coaster ride that never stops.

• Li
    lifes worst experience Nov 06, 2011

Since then Maidenhead Auto have changed the apperance of thier website to appeal more friendly and customer coordinated, merely they operate efficiently and charge ex amounts for jobs which don't fit the exact criteria to justify problems qwith your pride and joy...