Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] Logo

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]

Having problems with Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]?

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] Customer Service Contacts

1500 (Basic Services)
1501 (Basic Services)
1503 (Dolphin Services)
1504 (New Delhi Office)
+91 112 431 0212 (Head Office)
+91 112 432 0051 (Head Office)
+91 112 222 1504 (Internet Helpline Services)
+91 160 011 8844 (Mumbai Office)
+91 986 811 2345 (Dolphin Services, New Delhi)
+91 986 901 2345 (Dolphin Services, Mumbai)
5th Floor, Mahanagar Doorsanchar Sadan, 9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
New Delhi
India - 110003

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] Customer Service. Initial Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL]. Discuss the issues you have had with Mahanagar Telephone Nigam [MTNL] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

MTNLRebate on May's Bill

I have sent several chasers to mtnl, however they are responding to me.

Hi

Can you please update me on below.
Please take the action at earliest else i need to disconnect my
connection.

> I have already commited and assured to get a Rebate on my May's
> bill from
> Area Manager(Hari Nagar), as my Broadband was not working in the
> month of
> May'09 due to some technical issue from MTNL Server.
> Kindly provide the rebate on my may's bill at earliest before
> June's bill
> otherwise i have to quit from MTNL..
> Thanks & Regards
> Ravinder

MTNL Landlinelandline complet dead

my phone no [protected]. many time i give complain to mtnl complain no and complain website. my phone is complityly dead from previous 20 day. i am all ready paying his bill. but problem is this my father is seek from paralitice patantion and my mother is seeking from heart disser my mother all ready passby surgery of heart ( bypass suregery). so pleas give me favor plz do my work.

JOB CHACKO Sep 15, 2009

Iam Job Chacko, regestered a complaint number 958 dt 12-09-2009 for non functioning of my landline 011-[protected].Now already over 3 days.Nobody has attended for my complaint.
        As a common man, what will i do ?Earlier(5-6 months back) I have disconnected my Broadband connection of MTNL.
        Waiting for your fast action.

MTNL BroadbandUnreliable connection and Frequent Disconnects

Due to the non availability of proper and cost effective broadband connections in my suburb in Mumbai (Mulund), I eventually had to go with MTNL broadband connection. I was informed by many that MTNL is good but I am sorry to say that MTNL is not even satisfactory.

The main user of the connection is my dad and he won't easily understand the reliability of the connection. He would just try and refresh pages 3-4 times and then give up. I recently moved to my home and am using the same connection since last 10 days. I have configured the same connection on atleast 2 more devices other than my dad's laptop. These device include my personal desktop and my work laptop. I connect only using the LAN cables provided by MTNL and do not connect more than one device at a time. I am finding the connection to be very very unreliable. It disconnects so frequently that I surf less and press the refresh button more. This unreliability problem reached its tipping point when MTNL had changed the DNS servers from their side without informing customers. I tried to connect one whole day and I only got disappointed all the time. I called up the broadband customer care on 1504 and was informed about some new DNS servers. I entered the same and was still not able to get through the connection. I called 1504 again and asked for personal help. The engineer arrived my location 2 days after that and he entered a totally new set of DNS servers. The connection started working fine then.

The day after, I got connected but the connection was so unreliable. Due to this unreliable connection, I failed 6 credit card transactions in last 10 days. Out of these 2 transactions were double paid and now I have to call up my credit card company to help me out. Also, I lost cheaper air tickets and better seats in a theater as when I was trying to book the tickets online, the connection broke about 20-30 times !! This caused me to pay higher for my travel tickets and also compromise on seats even after paying the same amount !!

This is just a summary of mishaps in last 10 days while I used MTNL broadband. I don't think that MTNL is even working towards this, because, my dad informed me that he also faced same issues since last 3 months !!! I am really hurt and upset with what our government is providing us as service.

I am sorry to say, but MTNL sucks !!!

MTNL Dolphin — SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED

The MTNL, Dolphin, Delhi Subject: SIM CARD registration failed on Mobile No. [protected] Sir/Madam, I am...

MTNL / Dolphin Mobile Network — No mobile network coverage in Dombivli and complaint made on net is not attended

Since last 4 to 5 days network coverage of Dolphin Mobile is not accessible in Dombivli. A complaint was made...

MTNL - MumbaiDelay in shift of telephone & harassment

One month has passed from the date of application for shift of telephone from one address to another in same City. Still no action from MTNL... No response at call centers.

• Pc
            P. C. Shukla Sep 24, 2008

Very poor service by MTNL in such a competetive era.
            My phone was also shifted in 32 days. The height is that accounts department records the same date for shifting and connection activation as application date, no matter whether subscriber gets the service or not. No body is ready to listen. MTNL is still in old age.

• Pr
            Prabhat Bidwalkar Nov 22, 2008

Recently Ihave occupied our Bank's flat No.C-2/63, Satsang Apts, UpperGovind nagar, MALAD (E), Mumbai, having landline connectionTelephone No [protected], which is disconnected and instrument is detached from the service lines.Ihave received bill no. [protected] for October, 2008 mentioning C.A. No. [protected]. you are requested to please reconnect the facility to enable me to pay usual dues as well avail the connectivity. Send your service personnel preferably on Sunday or any holiday. My contact no.is [protected]

• Op
            op agarwal Mar 09, 2009

refer the work order number 905978 dated 17th April 2007 issued by MTNL Kandivali area shifting of my land line just a distance of 200 meters next building has not been done.

say now 2 years

sorry to say no accountability and even MTNL must pay the compensation for such type of harrasment.

op agarwal

• Kv
            K V Gupta Jun 15, 2011

I strongly agree with the issue faced by MTNL customers due to slow and lathergic services and attitude of MTNL system overall... I had also faced same problem while shifting my MTNL connection from old house to new and after several follow-ups my connection was given after approximate 4 months to me ...!!! PATHETIC services and just harrasement for cusmoters which can be conveniently given by MTNL...!!!

MTNL — Problem with broadband and IPTV

I personally think that MTNL/IPTV service is a failure, being a consumer myself. In the last 5 months, there...

MTNL — Uneasy services and harassment!

Myself is living in Delhi. I want a landline connection from MTNL. For which i have applied many time...

MTNLBroadband Speed

Since 1 Month i am using MTNL Broadband at home....i took a plan which is called TribUnlimited....with the download speed of 256 Kbps.... i got the speed and worked fine for me but from last 6 days my download speed reduced to 30Kbps only....i made many complaint but they replied that this speed is ok in this plan....but in their website and adds you can see the minimum download speed is 256Kbps....my friend is using same connection with same plan his speed is coming 256Kbps download...but why they reduced my speed....still no action from MTNL yet....I am paying Rs. 1000 for the month & still not getting the speed....even their customer care guys dont have any resolution they just hang up the phone when i asked about my complaint and speed problem....from 1 month i was download on 256 Kbps and suddenly what happen....i want to complaint this to the higher ranked officer....coz MTNL guys dont know here how to maintain their systems.

• Ta
              Tanuj kumar Aug 05, 2008

I m absolutly agree with Samee Asghar,

First (Approx) 1 month i got download speed of 256 kbps and now i get only download speed 30 kbps,

but i have problem from last 15 -20 days,

what will I do for this, from my side i complainted for internet speed many times but there is no result.

so plz my kindly request forward this complaint to high ranked officer, take some action and plz give me result or response.

• Ta
              Tanuj kumar Aug 18, 2008

There is not any response about My Internet speed reduces yet...

I m absolutly agree with Samee Asghar,

but i have problem from last 25-30 days,

• Ra
              rahul anand Oct 06, 2008

We are using the MTNL services for telephone and internet. and is under unlimited plan, but we have been facing problems from the day of installation. Many Times internet is not working or the speed is not more than 2 or 3 kbps. We have made complaints so many times to area manager and other respective authorities & Written Complaints to Janak Puri Exchange but the case is still unresolved. People come, check and promise to rectify it by next day but no progress has been seen.

As I have Applied for IP Tv. The People came for Installation Due to internet not working or speed is not more than 2 or 3 KBPS. The IP Tv People Came 2 or 3 times But Due to Internet not working that time they Go Back.

As I have Made So many Complaints to Janak Puri SDO, Area Manager, Broadband Office But the case is still unresolved. The Matter is three month old & we are at the same Position & The Problem has not been rectify till date & all the complaints made by us is all in Vain. We Would Like to ask from the esteemed authority that by paying the full amount & Cleared all the bills still we are not enjoying the services.

As we are related to media business the usage of internet is a necessity In spite of giving the written application Dated: 11/9/2008 Nothing Has been Sorted Out Till Date

• De
              Deepanshu Kain Nov 02, 2008

. I am having mtnl braodband service from 3 yr. my usually minimum speed of net was roundly 200 or 250 kbps, but from 1 month past its has come down to 20 to 25 kbps from which im surffing a lot. My friend is using the same connection as he getting 250kbps. As i want you to take immediate action as im taking heavy losses. My complaint number is 5810. I have complaint it many times pls dont force me to take a higher step.

Regarding info. :-
              Current paln - TriB_unlimited_256kbps

• Ad
              Aditya Nov 20, 2008

What they mean by 256 Kbps in the unlimited plan, is actually 256 Kilo bits (not bytes!) per second. You will get 256/8 KBps (that is kilobytes - notice the small and capital B) = 32 KBps in ideal conditions. But due to bad lines (which is MTNLs fault), you only get 20-30 KBps :(

• Ga
              GAURAV.KAUSHIK Dec 20, 2008

MERE NET KI SPEED 27 KB HE MERI SPEED KO INCREASE KARI A THINGKING YOU

• Ni
              Nishant Feb 12, 2009

i was using mtnl from past 5 years but past December my net had stopped working i called them 10000 times and their nonsense instructions which never works, then after a month they thinked to come to home so they came, checked and got lost and never came and till now my net is not working, i paid Rs- 1349 1 month without using my internet.

manohar Mar 27, 2009

i am a customer of mtnl braodband plane plane firstly i have to say that nobody cannot be responding of my complaints against my internet downloading speed which is less than 23 kbps when the commitment from mtnl online help for the internet downloading speed was 256kbps now nobody can take any resposibility why my internet speed is lower nobody have a reason & compaining for that many of times
              so please take some action for it & give me reply whatsoever
              so i can take Decision for cut my mtnl connection as soon as posible

no one can solve my problem
              complane no3121

[protected] i am very agree minl connection as soon as cut mitnl brod band

• Ka
              Kaifi Ahmad May 01, 2009

Since 1 Month i am using MTNL Broadband at home...i took a plan which is called Unlimited...For the last 64d ays my download speed reduced to 18 - 28 Kbps only...i made many complaint but they replied that this speed is ok in this plan...but in their website and adds you can see the minimum download speed is 256Kbps...my friend is using same connection with same plan his speed is coming 256Kbps download...but why they reduced my speed...still no action from MTNL yet...I am paying Rs. 599 for the month & still not getting the speed...even their customer care guys dont have any resolution they just hang up the phone when i asked about my complaint and speed problem...from 1 month i was download on 256 Kbps and suddenly what happen...i want to complaint this to the higher ranked officer...coz MTNL guys dont know here how to maintain their systems.

• Ak
              Akanshi sharma Mar 22, 2016

My plan is power connect ..worth rs 280.with the speed of 192 kbps after 1 gb of usage... But from last 1 month its speed is b/w 20 kb - 25kbps

Comments

MTNLTransfer of landline phone MTNL problem

I have given a request for transfer of my landline number i.e.[protected] in the firm name "radhey shyam polymers", address: b-271, mongolpuri, industrial area, phase-1, delhi-110083... I have given transfer letter in mtnl company format on 26 august 2007, but after a long period today dated on 20 september 2007, ive received phone call from company stating that my phone is been cancelled, but when i questioned them they hanged up. Very poor service provided by MTNL!

• Hi
                hitesh Sep 20, 2007

Yes i do agree with the complain being such a big company... its conduct is not proper. They must atleast have a answer to the customers query n than they must be able to clear the problem only after that the customer is satisfied. I truly agree with the following complaint.

• As
                ASGAR11 May 22, 2019

My ladline phone is not working properly from last 15 days, Many complaints filed but no action has been taken. Please look into the matter Thanks

MTNL Trump — Network issue!

I am using MTNL trump prepaid connection from 11th october 2006. But for the past 5 month there is network...