Mags Almost Freenever received orders (4)

These people are nothing but scam artists. I ordered 4 magazines for my grandchildren (for Christmas) back on Nov. 6, 2008. Of course, you have to wait between 6-12 weeks to begin receiving them, so I didn't start to complain until Feb.
I wrote at least 5 emails on their web page under the "contact us" form, and then all I ever received was an email saying I could save up to 20% if I ordered magazines before Valentine's Day! Ha! I was already waiting for 4 magazines, and they wanted me to order more!
I thought if you used Paypal you would be safe, but that is not the case if you don't try to get your money back within 60 days...which obviously, I had gone way past.
Though Paypal did tell me if they get more than 5 complaints regarding the same company they will do an investigation of their own...so I am asking any of you out there who got ripped off by Mags Almost Free to complain to Paypal directly...Something has to be done. I am also going to report the company to the Better Business Bureau and anyone else out there who will listen.
I am working on getting my money back from my credit card too, who in turn will get their money back from Paypal. Hopefully, this will cause someone to do something to get these crooks off of the internet.
MagsAlmostFree.com = Rip Off

• Db
    DBiscoe Jun 22, 2011

Ordered a magazine and sent in my check back in January 2011. No magazines received but at least they have also not cashed my check!

• Ca
    Carol Jun 20, 2011

Paid for multiple magazine subscriptions. I have never received the magazines or my money back after multiple attempts to contact somebody with this 'company' by email and by voice mail. It's a scam...don't send them any money.

sadgramma Jun 16, 2011

Ordered 4 magazine subscriptions in November for Christmas gifts...never received even one. They never answer emails, questions on their site, or phones... Trying to get money back from PayPal or credit card is like pulling teeth... Never ever use magsalmostfree.com you will never see your money or a single issue of a magazine

• Ih
    Ihatemagsalmostfree Nov 28, 2009

Same thing happened to us!!! Stupid company. I should've known something was up when they asked for a check...

• St
    steveb Aug 25, 2009

by the way, paypal lists their phone number as [protected]

• St
    steveb Aug 25, 2009

Me too
    ordered a magazine on 12/24/08 it is now 8/25/09 and I still haven't received anything. the website says to wait 8-16 weeks for delivery. after 90 days you can't file a credit card chargeback. I have been ripped off.

• Ee
    EEW Jul 21, 2009

I submitted an order in March of 09 and never received 2 magazines. I don't understand why this company hasn't been shut down. It is a disgrace to still keep it up and running. I submitted a complaint on their web site and mailed a copy of my check with my order and received no reply. I filed a complaint with the FBI for unethical practices for a web based company. Go to http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx and file a complaint. Stay away from this web site! Don't order! I wish I had found this complaint board before I ordered! Bravo for keeping the consumer well informed.

• Gl
    Glora Jul 11, 2009

When is someone going to stop this man????? By the looks of this site, he is ripping off everyone!!! Paid by check for 2 year subscription to WW, in March 2009!!! Have not received the first issue as of to date!!! Sent many, many e-mails to no avail!!! This man or company is so SLIMEY he won't even answer his e-mails!!! Please, please stop him!!!

• Jz
    Jzames1 Jul 01, 2009

He uses the username click267

• Je
    jenntracy Jun 13, 2009

i placed an order for Sparkle magazine for my 4 yr old daughter in April. granted the magazine only comes out 8x a year but i have been patient and i think i should have had at least one issue by now.

i have sent two emails and gotten no responses.

i am sad for my daughter and i am glad i did not tell her i was getting the magazine for her.

Laura Jun 09, 2009

This company is fraudulent. they do not respond to emails, they do not ship out their magazines. If this has happened to you, please file a report http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

• Mi
    miffed May 23, 2009

has anyone tried this for frank simmons' phone number?

• Mi
    miffed May 23, 2009

Have you got any word on restitution?

• Cl
    Cliff May 14, 2009

For all those concerned, Our friend Frank Simmons has a Facebook page, a MySpace page & a linkedin.com Resume page. If you are a member of these, it might not be a bad idea to start bombarding his pages with some scammer, fraudster alert stuff, for all his friends to see & read. You might want to read his so-called resume (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/b9b/467) which he so proudly boasts about his accomplishments in the Magizine Business.

iceeopal May 02, 2009

This is Frank Simmons. If he's still the owner (his name is plastered all over everything associated with Mags Almost Free), this is who you need to look out for.

• Ka
    Katharine Apr 27, 2009

This company is great, they steal your money and run. By making you wait more than 60 days (in my case 125 day sand counting...) you cannot contact your bank to file a dispute. They do not answer complaints online. Their phone number is disconnected. The Better Business Bureau has 33 complaints (those are the ones that have been filed!!) in 36 months- all on order that were not filled. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Consumer Affairs Division of Nevada. Another good idea is to contact the ic3.gov it's the cyber scam division. They contact the FBI. Everyone who has been ripped by these scam artistis contact them at ic3.gov!!!

Joseph Apr 24, 2009

I ordered 4 subscriptions from Mags Almost Free in October of 2008. It is now April 2009. I have never received one magazine. I have emailed them 4 times and never received an email back. I have called 2 times and never received a call back.

NEVER order from them! I don't even think they are real, and I hope the magazine companies they are posting on their site pull their names from this site as it makes them look bad as well.

• Sh
    ShastieC Apr 08, 2009

I ordered a renewal of my Weight Watchers subscription in Jan 05, 2009. Weight Watchers never got my renewal notice, and Mags almost free will not return an e-mail. I tried to go through paypal to get a refund, but it's been to long

• Fo
    Ford Apr 07, 2009

I am having the same issue. They refuse to respond to my emails. I will contact my credit card company and place a fraud claim. Also, I think we should complain the the Better Business Bureau!

iceeopal Mar 31, 2009

A google search showed this for the owner Frank Simmons: F Simmons [protected] Las Vegas, NV 89122.

iceeopal Mar 31, 2009

These people are scammers. There are at least 15 of us on here who have lost smaller sums of money--adding up to hundreds for these scammers! The guy NEVER answers the phone or responds to emails or cell messages. He also ignored my BBB complaint.

annette431959 Mar 24, 2009

I'm in the same boat your in and I will send a letter to customer service as you posted. Magsalmostfree says if you don't get your subscription within 12 weeks to contact them... Won't do you any good. Waisted time and money. My story is just like yours in every way accept now their website says my email does not exist on their member list. Go figure. No reply from them on my complaints (several) no refund and no magazine. Thank you for the address, at least I feel like I can do SOMETHING rather than just chalking it off as a loss. Annette in Evansville IN

Angry Grandma Mar 20, 2009

Add me to the list. I orderd 5 magazines for my husband's birthday in August 2008; paid by Paypal. Have never received even 1 issue of any of them. Unfortunately I waited too long to get money back from Paypal.

This company has many, many complaints about orders not filled. Unfortunately I didn't know this when I ordered. I did find that there is a complaint with the Consumer Affairs Dept in Nevada in process. You can send details of your problems with this company a/k/a Frank Simmons to this address:

Consumer Affairs Division
    1850 E. Sahara Ave. #101
    Las Vegas, NV 89104
    [protected]

• Kr
    Kraut55 Mar 09, 2009

I ordered a magazine subscription on Dec 24. No magazine, no reply to my 2 emails and unfortunately too late to involve PayPal as they have a 45 day deadline.
    So don't use this company. Judging from the other complaints this seems to be a scam.

iceeopal Feb 23, 2009

Mags Almost Free does NOT respond to order inquiries thru their website, or the Better Business Bureau. I have a complaint in progress w/ the Consumer Affairs Division in Nevada. Hope to get restitution soon. There seem to be MANY of us out there who had the same experience with this guy. Write to them--they're a government agency. By law, they will only take complaints in writing. I sent them emails, bank statements, etc. I have photos of Frank Simmons and several links to websites that I plan to add to my complaint to help investigators find him and get my money back.

For those who have paid for their magazine subscriptions but haven't received your products, write them immediately. This is your BEST bet for any restitution:

Consumer Affairs Division
    1850 E. Sahara Ave. #101
    Las Vegas, NV 89104
    [protected]

• Ks
    ksdoll Feb 06, 2009

I have had the same problem! I too ordered (3) different magazines back in Sept 2008 and have yet to receive a single issue. I have tried to contact them multiple times and have had zero luck. STAY AWAY!!!

LACKY Feb 03, 2009

ORDERED 6 MAGAZINES SEPT 2008. WRITTEN MANY E-MAILS NO RESPONSE. ALL MAGAZINES PAID IN FULL. I AM SO DISCOURAGED WITH MAGS ALMOST FREE. I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE AN HONEST COMPANY. GUESS NOT!!! ALSO CALLED PHONE GIVEN ON OTHER COMMENT [protected] FRANK SIMMONS. LEFT MSG. NO RESPONSE

John Williams Jan 31, 2009

Ordered 2 subscriptions in Sept '08 ($12 & $65). Nothing as of Feb 1, '09. No magazines, no reply to emails; NOTHING!!!

Larry Jan 22, 2009

I placed two orders for magazines with this company in August and September of 2008 and and have never received the magazines i ordered. They will not return email''s and I have not been able to get them to answer their telephone. I would stay away from this company they are not reputable.
    Mags Almost Free, www.Magsalmostfree.com, aka Frank Simmons

• Md
    mdhegs Dec 15, 2008

I placed an order and paid for three magazine subscriptions on September 15th. After several weeks I attempted to contact seller regarding my order, as it had always been listed as "in process". Today is three months and I have still not heard from them after several more attempts to contact. My order is still "in process".

If you attempt to do business with this company be sure to use Pay Pal and exercize the 45 day claims department if you get the cold shoulder as I did. As far as my dealings with them they are NOT a legitimate company to do business with and I will do all I can to warn others about them!!!