Magazine Service Center Inc.Scam scam scam, stay away

These people are pure theives. No questions, no sugar coating, they will rip you off, threaten you, and laugh all the way to the bank. If you have an offer to get cheap magazines from them, DO NOT DO SO.

The most disappointing part of this whole situation, in my eyes, is the way I got hooked up with these crooks. I was buying something off of Amazon.com, and during checkout I got the offer to recieve 4 different magazines for one year at the price of $2 a subscription. It sounded like a good deal and since these people were hooked up with Amazon, I figured it was legit. Boy, was I wrong on that. Their calls are coming in weekly now. It is annoying to say the least. The last two have been particulary...flustering. Last week (about April 14th, 2010) they called to "inform me my subscription was running up soon, but they just wanted to make sure I didnt get my magazines somewhere else first." I informed them I had already cancelled my subscription with their company. (The stated cancellation took 2 seperate phone calls to complete.) This is where the story gets good... This jagoff on the phone then tells me that his company has a "no cancellation policy" because the company "covers many costs for me, up front, and if i cancel now they will lose money." Well, thats too bad for you isnt it? Then this guy starts talking about if i cancel they will send the account to collections and blah blah blah. This didnt scare me, it did push my button though. first off, how can you send something to collections against someone when you have no social security number? All they have is a debit card number that I cancelled when I lost my card at a football game. So, keep trying to charge that cancelled card, please. And go ahead and send me to "collections" you ###.

My story doesnt have the multiple charges that the others on here are talking about, but I was actually fortunate to lose that specific card when I did. Otherwise I would have been charged their outrageous prices for a renewl of a subscription. This company was nice enough to mail me a letter stating they were going to charge my card and when they would do so, but in reading what it would cost, it would have been over TWICE what it costs to simply pull the little card out of the magazine and send it in. Thats why I cancelled early.

Anyway, the point of this rant is that you need to stay away from these people. They suck at life.

More Magazine Service Center Inc. Complaints & Reviews

• Ly
    Lynn079 Aug 30, 2012

I have had it with these people! The magazine service center gave my info. to Family Circle, and they started sending me bills! I have called months ago to tell them that I don't want any more trash magazines from them, but they keep sending me stuff. So now, I am on my way to file a complaint with the FTC. I have a family and no time to be running around cancelling these stupid subscriptions, for signing up with a rewards system. And one guy who called me, I tried to call him back, and he kept hanging up in my face! Jerks-Never again!