Madbid.comstay away from these crooks

A

A joke, an unfunny one at that. If you spend a little time examining their "system" you can soon see how they can manage to auction items at up to 90% off their RRP. It's next to impossible to actually successfully obtain an item and the window between when an auction officially ends and will not accept more bids is to me dubious at best. Avoid.

• Pr
    Priyanshu Kumar Chaudhary Oct 03, 2018

Please help me to login in madbid site. Want to also play. This site is not opening from so many times.

• Si
    Siaw Sep 21, 2018

my bid was not successful on 20th April. All attempts by Standard Bank to get cash back . Be careful with them.Kofi

ANDREAS6363 Sep 01, 2018

It's a big scam !!! caution
    They get money every day from the card without the owner's approval and if you try to delete the account it is not possible until you have to cancel the card

• Mr
    Mrchard Aug 20, 2018

Their system is totally programmed.we dont know whos the real bidder.maybe it is programmed computer.totally fraud

• Pe
    Peter Heathcote Aug 20, 2018

All my credits were used up by an automatic bidding setup that i did not initiate. My complaints to Madbid were answered in an arrogant manner even though I assured them that I did not use automatic bidding ever.

• Na
    nato02 Apr 18, 2018

I have recently logged onto the madbid gambling site (In my opinion "definitely not an auction site") to observe the auctions in progress. What I found strange is when the auction goes into "CHECKING MODE" and you think well it looks like the auction is coming to an end finally there is a winner but then it seems as there is an autobot that places another bid therefore prolonging the auction. In the end there might be a winner or maybe there is an autobot placing the winning bid on behalf of madbid and nobody wins the auction. In this case madbid takes millions of the bidders money and maybe now and then gives away an item. After observing a few of the madbid auctions my opinion is that their bidding system is rigged with an autobot winning the auctions in their favour.

People be cautious when visiting auction sites, do some research and look at publics comments about these various auction sites do not be too hasty and dive into something that might "lagally scam you from your hard earned money".

In my opinion this site is a scam site. People stay away from this site you will loose all your money.

• Ni
    Nick van Zyl Aug 22, 2017

MadBid is one of the biggest illegal scams on the net. You don't bi, you just pay and pay for nothing, in the end a robot gets the item and your money is gone. How can you place a bid on something and then they take your money without you getting the item ?
    Big big scam this.

• Sj
    Sjaak van Boven Aug 15, 2016

I lost 340 euro's in 1 hour, i bidded on 7 items in one time, because i didn.t understand the system, i tought I was just losing a few credits.
    so I stopped, 6 items, next day i was broke, 1 credit left and no wins. And 340 euro's from my account.
    This is not a ordanary Marketplace, its a gamblingplace, I do not gamble more than 5 euro's a year, and suddenly 340 euro's.

so to make this up to myself and my wife, I said, ok we are never going to Holland Casino, i made a mistake, and lets just pretend i went wild and i lost this money on a one time out in the casino( an never go back again)
    But still I think paypall has to give a warning, its legal ok, but its not ethical, I Thougt my money was inshured for bought items, but at MADBID it isn't.

Sorry for my pour englisch but the spellchecker is still dutch.

• Pe
    Pepo Dec 31, 2015

I have the same problem...Madbid not reply, and not refund my £49.99 to paypal.

• Mu
    Mukith abdul Nov 11, 2015

I've also had £49.99 taken out of my PayPal account. I'm having the same problem as Alex Birch. I can't even get through to them on the phone and they're not replying to my email. They're fraudsters madbid site and the company should be shut down.There must be so many people have similar problem's with madbid. They bunch of crooks.

• Am
    Amy92 Sep 14, 2015

DO NOT SIGN UP TO THEM!!! Okay so since I signed up for madbid a week ago my email was sold to thousands of company's and now I got a problem with every second my phone going mental from emails I've had my business email for years and now been forced to deleted it and start over. This company really is a joke! And as for the people that say I won a iPhone for £20 well there all paid actors working for madbid the site and company should be shut down there a disgrace and fraudsters. They lie and cheat. I know someone who had to wait 6months for a £80 refund they letter lying and saying they returned the money and didn't what sort of company does this ? I'll be publishing this to the mirror and making a article about what fraudsters they really are.

• Al
    Alex Birch Dec 11, 2014

I have had £49.99 taken out of my PayPal account by madbid.com, they promised a full refund of the money on the 17th of November 2014, but nothing arrived? Then they insisted they had paid the refund into my PayPal account, but nothing was there?
    After days and days of telephone calls and emails to this company who are in my opinion just complete crooks, they accused paypal of lying and said they had the money!
    Eventually after lengthy telephone conversations to paypal senior management they wrote an email to Madbid.com verifying NO refund had been paid back into my account!
    Then finally after weeks of argument madbid.com admitted they had paid nothing or any refund back to me or into my PayPal account! ( so they just lied to me )
    Then they said I would have to wait 10 working days before the process could be completed and the money would be put back into my account! The manager at paypal said it was completely untrue, the transaction would only take minutes!
    10 working days have now elapsed and nothing has been paid back? Again more telephone calls to the staff of madbid.com who are nothing but ignorant sarcastic people, and speak among them selves while you are trying to explain, sometimes after you have given them the details of the problem on the phone, you find out there is no one listening? In my opinion they place the phone on mute or just put it down on the desk and let you carry on talking to no one! What a set of " ###"

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life! In my opinion they are online crooks, experienced at trying to fob off people, experienced at not giving anything back! It takes less than one minute to buy credits yet they maintain it takes at least 10 working days to get that money back into your account, even then " NOTHING ARRIVES " in my opinion they do not have any intention of refunding anyone any money, or sorting anything out what so ever,
    Be WARNED you have no valid insurance cover even if you use paypal, because this site is a pseudo gambling site that goes under the prefix of an auction and sells you currency not goods!
    One thing is that a guy called Richard Brindley a director of madbid.com who uses Linkeden - check him out - try contacting him, he should be told by the many people who have not been sorted by this company! After all he is a director of this company!

In my opinion this online business that advertises on national TV should be closed down, ignore the reviews in the papers about winning a mini for silly money! But see this business for what it is! In my opinion they are just lying crooks!

I still have no refund after weeks and weeks of contacting them, I have no account with them and no credits! NOTHING! Just the receipt that I paid them £49.99p of which they just took!
    Stay away from this so called online auction! You have been warned!

I would rather deal with a rattle snake in a pit than this so called online auction!

Madbid.com Oct 20, 2014

Hello all,
    Founded in the UK in 2008, MadBid.com is the largest European gamified e-commerce website, operating in 11 countries; UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Holland, Poland, Turkey and Canada. If you reside outside of these countries, it is not possible to register to madbid.com.
    You sign up for free in 30 minutes, after the confirmation of the registration, you purchase a credit package and then spend some of those credits to place bids. For instance: You want to participate in an auction for an iPad, it costs 4 credits to place each bid in this auction (the amount of credits required per bid is written in the bottom right hand corner of the picture in the auction as 8x*, 4x*, 2x*-- all referring to the number of credits required per bid placed).
    If you win the auction, you can then purchase the item at the winning price that you bid i.e... 30.00 is what the winning bid was. You then pay the 30.00 + shipping and the product is shipped to you. If you do not win the auction then the credits you have used in bidding go into an "earned discount" pool to be used towards the purchase of an item using the "buy now" feature.
    For more information and a brief tutorial please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS0f2sIjqG4
    If there are any other doubts that are still unclear, please feel free to contact us via email to [email protected] or call us [protected] / +[protected].
    Best Regards, Madbid.com

• 2n
    2ndMouse Jun 15, 2014

Every aspect of madbid.com is heavily stacked against the bidders. From the ridiculous situation where users have to pay, up front, for each bid, in the form of credits - to the auto-bidding process, which can wipe out 1000 of your credits (approx. £100) in less than 30 mins, sooner if the bid duration time is down to 5 seconds:

1. There are never more than 10 or 12 auctions on the go at any one time. thereby ensuring that there are many bidders for each auction.

2. There is no search facility on the site, so you can only bid on whatever items are currently live.

3. Each item carries a 'multiple credits' figure, e.g. 4x 5x 6x 8x - meaning each bid costs the bidder these multiples in credits.

4. Each auction item can only have ONE winner. So, all other bidders lose the credits they have just used in bidding. They do offer a discount on an item's RRP based on the amount of credits used by the bidder, but these offers expire after a short time and anyway, if you add the cost of the spent credits to the discounted price, you end up paying the full RRP anyway.

5. Auctions can last for days, so even if you are prepared to monitor the auction over a very long period, you will still have no idea when the optimum auction price has been reached and consequently, it's impossible to judge when the best time to start bidding would be.

6. I work in the IT industry and can see that their site uses very sofistcated software - this makes me wonder if these auctions are kept running artificially. A little tweak in the programme could easily place a robotic bid just as it looks like the auction is about to end. Just a thought from my suspicious mind.

7. When all the spent credits and final auction price are totted up, madbid are probably raking in much much more than the value of the auction item.

Bottom line:
    Don't get involved
    They describe themselves as the 'No.1 fun shopping site' when in reality, it's just a money making exercise on behalf of the owners. A casino where bidders have very little chance of actually getting a bargain or even winning.

• Sn
    Snoopz Jan 29, 2012

A total joke. I spent a good hour looking at ' auctions ' that had ended and watched a few come to an end so i jumped in to have a go at just buying more bidding credits, i focused on the 135 credits as they seemed to fetch between a couple of pence to around 65 pence max. As soon as i started to try and bid it was going over the amounts i had seen, i bid on about 4 lots over the space of around 3 hours, i did not win a single 1 and all well over the prices i had seen end or the ones i saw from the sold section. People do not get the fact that each bid is the same as 10 pence then they bid along with others for a few pounds, they think it's a bargain but if something is worth, let's say £100 and it sells for £6 for example, The auction would be 4 credits for a 1penny bid, so 40 pence per bid. Easily worked out that means £6.00 divided by 1penny bid at 40 pence per bid = £240 ( if it's a 4 point per 1 penny bid auction ). So is there anyone out there would like to sell me 40 pence for 1 penny, Queue this way please hehe. Yes i know that if you are some sort of super lucky person and you only place 1 or 2 bids and ( not that likely ) win the auction then yes you will have a bargain, but still not as much of one you thought once they put their ridiculous costs on the top. AVOID THIS SITE AND SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.!!!

• Dd
    dddd111 Sep 06, 2011

You are right its a joke. I won an auction and had 3 times the amount of money taken from my account. I have contacted Madbid 21 times in total and nothing has been sorted and the money not refunded. The call centre staff were too busy talking to each other rather than listen to the call

ANDREAS6363 Jan 16, 2018